Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Seems you can no longer share a link the way you could in the past, edited the post maybe it works now. But yeah if you are on Xbox it will not work.

What I meant about setting fuel flow for cruise performance is to look at the cruise performance table in the POH to see what speed and fuel flow I should get at say 75% power at a given altitude and weight. Then rather than setting 75% power on the power meter I just set the fuel flow I should have at 75% power. That leaves the power meters uselessly pegged at 100% but I get the right fuel flow and cruise speed. That is not very practical though, it was mostly a check to diagnose the issue as being isolated to the power meters. Does not help with climb performance.

Thanks for the response. None of my bindings are default. Would you mind sharing your bindings, or a link to how you set them up? PS- my current bindings work in all other aircraft, including those with G3000.

Thanks, Matt. How does Little Nav Map acquire the AI traffic that it shows? I have LNM running and it clearly showing the locations of offline AI traffic on its map. I know this because I don’t have any online service enabled in LNM or MSFS, and MSFS is currently configured to use offline AI traffic.

In LNM I can see all of the planes that are on the ground at the airport I’m currently parked at, and I can see icons for aircraft that are flying around the airport.

LNM must be using some API to get that traffic.

Gil

LNM uses an external SimConnect API to get that data, which is not available from inside a JS instrument.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Ah. That’s too bad. Thanks again.

Hotfix bringing it to version 0.7.1 is out

From their discord:

Matt (nishmaster) [Z-5]:

Hello @everyone, we have a hotfix available in the Marketplace for the G1000NXi, bringing it to 0.7.1. This hotfix addresses a number of issues introduced in some flight plan and VNAV behavioral accuracy improvements from 0.7.0, as well as some issues encountered with APR mode. We also have a few other small EIS display fixes while we’re at it! As always, this is an Early Access Opt-In Beta, so there may be bugs or missing features! Please give us feedback and reports on Discord in our nxi-early-access channel. Head to the sim Marketplace to grab the NXi, or go to Content Manager to download the update.

1 Like

Hi all,

The original post seems to be causing a 502 error when I try to make any further edits to it. So, I’m posting the latest two changelog entries here:

Working Title G1000NXi 0.7.1

Issues Resolved

• Fixes bug with APR button press not sending the correct input value to the approachPressed method in AP with certain key events.
  • Fixes bug where in a climb the current altitude, and not the selected altitude, was displayed in the MFD FPL page for cruise advisory altitudes.
  • Fixes bug with GS/GP activation causing VNAV to set alt hold when VNAV remained on or armed.
  • Fixes bug with Vertical Deviation Indicator showing VNAV deviation even when GP is active.
  • Fixes bug where VNAV would not descend to a constraint if the next constraint was only 100 feet below the current constraint.
  • Fixes bug where VNAV would remain armed after the LOC autoswitch.
  • Fixes bug with Altitude Capture when capture is activated when level or near level
  • Fixes bug where after a missed approach from an ILS/LOC approach and resequencing to an RNAV approach for the same runway would incorrectly switch to LOC again.
  • Fixes calculation and display of vertical direct FPA and advisory altitudes when constraint is not the direct-to target, but is in the current constraint segment.
  • DA40NG system page now shows engine load gauge instead of manifold pressure.
  • Adjusted display of EGT gauge on DA40NG, SR22, G36 to show the EGT range better since these 3 aircraft strangely max out at 1200F compared to the normal 1600 of the other piston aircraft.
  • Fix DA62 aux tank display to show the level instead of the capacity.

Working Title G1000NXi 0.7.0

New Features

PFD

• VSI shows correct Required VS for the active VNAV or LPV path data source, with correct source switching based on mode.
  • FMA correctly displays MANSEQ legs depicting the heading for the manual sequence.
  • Vertical Deviation window is displayed starting 1 minute prior to TOD whenever VNAV path is available.
  • Vertical deviation window displays whenever either a valid VNAV path or LPV GP path is available.
  • Timer/Ref Page now has a contextual page menu that allows v-speed depiction on the airspeed tape to be hidden or shown in bulk, along with adding a menu item to reset all VSpeeds.
  • Timer/Ref Page now correctly depicts a speed that has been changed from the airframe default with a (*).
  • Altimeter now correctly depicts the current VNAV constraint, rather than the VNAV target; this includes showing the last constraint, even after passing it, when it was an end-of-path and there’s not currently a valid VNAV path.

MFD

• VNAV profile view enhancements:
    • Adds time to TOD/BOD (bod calculates against vnav target, not next constraint)
    • Displays next constraint (shows leg and altitude for next constraint, not BOD target)
    • Shows Required VS and Deviation only beginning 1 minute before TOD and thereafter.
    • Hides data when in VNAV suspended state prior to VNAV ineligible leg.
  • EIS system enhancements:
    • Adds support for the definition of additional System and Lean engine pages.
    • Adds default engine page configurations for every stock plane with a G1000.
    • Adds new EGT/CHT gauge type with configurable differences in cylinder temps.
    • Adds fully functional cylinder select and lean assist mode.
    • Adds fuel totalizer with realistic manual adjustments to fuel remaining.

FPL Pages

• Hides DTK, DIS, and ALT data on waypoints behind the aircraft.
  • Properly shows heading for MANSEQ legs.
  • Adds advisory (white) and target (cyan) altitudes on MFD FPL pages.
  • Entire plan now drawn on MFD when FPL is selected.

Miscellaneous

• VNAV now properly suspends when the last constraint prior to a VNAV ineligible leg. Examples include MANSEQ legs, proc turns and holds. VNAV will level at the prior constraint and deactivate until passing the ineligible leg, at which point the user may re-arm VNAV.
  • VNAV now attempts to calculate a valid path, up to 6 degrees, from the present position to the direct-to target when a direct to or activate approach is executed.
  • Traffic advisory mode now automatically switches with takeoff and landing.
  • Corrected and restored the option to invert the loaded flight plan.

Issues Resolved

• Fixes incorrect display of direction in hold menu.
  • Fixes non-normalized bearings in the nearest airport list.
  • Fixes non-normalized bearings in the direct to menu.
  • Fixes problems with deletion of active leg on the ground.
  • Fixes distances not counting down when OBS is active.
  • Fixes disappearing cursor when deleting flight plan.
  • Fixes various display issues in scrolling selectors.
  • Fixes duplicate legs when selecting a different approach.
  • Fixes mismatched colors on some section titles.
  • Fixes a handful of EIS alignment/display issues.
  • Fixes bug displaying target altitude when direct to a VNAV constraint.
  • Fixes bug displaying active leg arrow when a direct to is complete.
  • Fixes bug causing incorrect coloring of PFD VDEV diamond.
  • Fixes bug displaying incorrect transition names in procedure selection.
  • Fixes issue with ‘or’ appearing in Select Approach even when an approach can’t load
  • Fixes issue with PFD FPL page showing a blank line when a DIRECT TO EXISTING was executed
  • Fixes issue with VNAV DIRECT FPA being constantly incorrectly calculated.
  • Fixes bugs with display of vertical deviation and required VS values.
  • Fixes bug with properly capturing the selected altitude when above the vnav target altitude.
  • Improves display of VSpeed values in menu and on tape.
  • Improves display of softkey gradients and borders.

Heads Up!

• VNAV now deactivates upon reaching the last constraint (cyan altitude in FPL) prior to a VNAV ineligible leg, such as a MANSEQ, Procedure Turn or Hold. Be aware that if you have a MANSEQ leg at the end of your arrival procedure, without manual intervention, you can (and likely will) end up too high to reasonable descend for the approach. You have three options to navigate this: (1) Manually descend as is reasonable at your discretion; (2) delete the MANSEQ leg to allow VNAV to recalculate by directly connecting the end of the arrival with the beginning of the approach or (3) activate the approach (or proceed direct to the IAF) and VNAV will attempt to calculate a path up to 6 degrees from your current position to the next constraint.
  • GPS, LOC, and VOR modes now ARM! Be aware that you will need to be on an intercept course and within capture distance of the desired flight path before those modes will become active.
  • The GPS flight plan sequencing will enter SUSP under the following conditions: when reaching a manual termination leg (holds, manual sequence) and when reaching the final leg of the plan. This is actually correct behavior. To exit out of SUSP (for example, if you got to the end of a plan and then loaded more waypoints), hit the SUSP softkey in the middle of the PFD.
  • Changing the CDI source drops the autopilot into ROL mode. This is the correct behavior, intended to keep the airplane held in the same attitude until the pilot reselects appropriate guidance.
  • When exiting a hold, do not delete the HOLD as it will cause flight plan issues. Press the SUSP key to continue with the flight plan sequence or go direct to another fix.
  • The NXi’s traffic advisory system (TAS) will now start in STANDBY mode by default. While in this mode it will not issue any advisories nor will traffic be displayed on any maps. The system will automatically switch from STANDBY to OPERATING mode after takeoff (and back to STANDBY after landing). You can also manually switch TAS to OPERATING mode through the MFD Traffic Map page (use the MFD FMS knobs to change the open MFD page).
  • The fuel quantity information on the MFD’s sytem page simulates an authentic totalizer. This means it does not actually track the fuel in your tanks, it simply counts how much has been burned and relies on you to tell it what the original quantity was. This means if you add or remove fuel in flight you’ll need to manually adjust the starting quantity in the tanks with the buttons on the GAL REM submenu.

Known Issues

• Outer large COM knob only reduces frequency no matter the direction the knob is turned. This is an issue with the cockpit panel behaviors in the sim and has been logged with the MSFS team, but will not be able to be addressed in the NXi package as it is an issue with the base planes.
  • Sometimes the flight plan loading from the world map screen is loaded incompletely; this can usually be solved by restarting the flight - we are working on nailing this down.
  • World Map imports from Navigraph and Simbrief do not include airways, so airways will not be added to the G1000 NXi flight plan when the plan was imported to the World Map from one of these sources.
  • External camera view HUD does not sync properly with the NXi and may show strange or incorrect data. We expect to be able to resolve this after Sim Update 6.
  • Hardware autopilot peripherals may display the selected altitude as 99000. If you can configure it, you must set the altitude to read from index/slot 1 instead of index/slot 0. If it is not possible to configure using the manufacturer software, you may be able to configure it using third party software such as AxisAndOhs, Mobiflight, or spad.next. We expect to be able to remove this workaround after Sim Update 6.

Autopilot Hardware

The autopilot has been completely overhauled with 0.5.0, which includes some workarounds for altitude capture until such time that the sim supports the disabling of it’s own capture. This includes setting the altitude slot to slot 3 and setting the selected altitude to 99000 so it will never be captured, and using slot 1 as it should be for the preselector.

For hardware controls that control the altitude preselector, they must be configured to read and write to altitude slot 1, not altitude slot 0 (which really just reads/writes to them all, and will override all the custom AP altitude selections). If it is not possible to configure your hardware in this way, you will unfortunately have to either remove the hardware or remove the NXi. The are also third party softwares like AxisAndOhs, Mobiflight, and spad.Next that can allow you to bridge this gap if the manufacturer default software cannot.

We expect this workaround will no longer be necessary after Sim Update 6.

6 Likes

Found the culprit! It was a mod on the Cessna Caravan. Works fine now.

The nxi is a great asset in MSFS, thank you WT.

I’ve been doing some RNAV approaches with some course reversal holds and I haven’t been able to figure how to put the hold just where I want it. Mostly the holds I have set need to be on the RH side, inbound to the hold and holding furthest from the airport. I often end up with it on the closest side, to the airport, of the waypoint. While it works, it is not as per the approach plate(s).

The Nxi sometimes adds a long tail on the outbound side of the hold, often as long as 60 or 70 nm. I solve that by re-loading the hold.

The Nxi shoots RNAV approaches silky smooth. I like the visual approaches too. They make finding and lining up with the rwy so much easier.

1 Like

I think it is different issue. The external HUD and engine page has different reading is the issue since SU5 but on the 0.7.0 release the engine page on MFD always show 100 or 0%. This happened to me on DA62

I have the latest G1000 NXi and DA62X and I no longer have this problem.

Awesome as usual…thanks Matt!

Great work.
Any word on the decimal places for Manifold Pressure? (e.g. in the G36?)

1 Like

the only thing that I’m really waiting for that is stopping me from using this mod is not been able to import a flightplan from LittleNavMap

The PMS50 GTN750 mod does this nicely; whilst not perfect there’s easy workarounds was you recognise the limitations

Any news on how long before we’ll see the import function added to this mod?

White and it will not follow the NAV i set up in the flight planning stage, as usual.

Sorry for the busy image. So your have Nav mode armed, in white. And it will never engage because you are flying in the opposite direction. Your heading is 340, and your desired track is 153.

If you adjusted your HDG to say 180, you would turn around, and start to intercept the magenta line. As you got closer to it you would see the “GPS” at the top turn green, and start to flash. It has captured the course, and you would then switch to GPS navigation.

3 Likes

this is something that used to happen automattically… do we now have to intercept the purple line manually???

Yes, the AP won’t now just circle you around, you need to either hand fly it then enable the AP, or use the AP, and either HDG mode, or without either, and just attitude hold (ROL, and PIT) to get you there.

One thing I noticed about the CDI in GPS mode is that the smaller of the two arrows never points in the opposite direct to your desired course, as it would when using a VOR. No matter where you are in relation to the waypoint both arrows always seem to point in the same direction, in OBS mode I mean.

I’m no expert on this, but if it behaved like a VOR in OBS mode, and using the image above as an example, if the small arrow was pointing the the other way, I would probably want to fly bearing ~315-320, so that I could then turn around on to course 153. As I passed the GPS waypoint the small arrow would flip to show as it does in the above image.

This video seems to suggest that the real world unit should work just like this, so hopefully this will come in the future.

I am using the Honeycomb Throttle and I cannot do a thing… I can set the ALT and when I try to set the VS it is ok… But wammy, when I turn the dial to HDG to catch that purple line the VS goes off on it’s own party and the ALT changes as well… As Isaid at the start of my post. I have been flying for decades here on flight sim… but this NXi thing is ■■■■■■ on my rig.

Turning the HDG knob won’t touch VS at all. This looks like an issue with the Honeycomb in that case, and not the NXi. I use the NXi with a Logitech Multi-Panel with SPAD driving it all. I don’t have these issues.