Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

All you guy’s are so lucky with VNAV as you have TOD/BOD on your nav maps. I don’t see this anymore so unable to auto descend. Also, since I do not have any nav plates either, I have to manually descend to around 1700-1500 ft depending on which part of the world, arm GP/GS with APP button no sooner the Diamond appears and the auto descend is generally captured in both RNAV or ILS approaches at the faf or there about and hit the Rwy no issue. Since the last update, the landing is to the side of Rwy. Oh… at least I got there…!! Well, we all need to find our own ways around the issues we face eh. As some one said, MSFS is a huge Beta project and may take years to perfect, if ever.

It’s not luck. You do understand that this is a computer program and it works according to rules and logic? There is no luck or magic involved. If it’s not working for you, there is a reason. Figure out the reason and you will fix it.

5 Likes

Free charts and flight planning here:
https://skyvector.com/

Thanks heaps m8. Have been there. It appears that charts are available only for the US which is useful enough. Notice that not all places have charts. Maybe, I am unsure how to use this.

use it to practice in the us. hone your skills.

Too bad the rest of the countries in the world are not as free with their data.

There are free chart applications available if you don’t want Navigraph. ChartFox is one of them.

Absolutely. That’s why the US is what it is…

Thanks. will try. What a great fraternity. Cheers

1 Like

Yep. Agree. The use of the word ‘luck’ was frustration, I suppose. However, tried a few new procedures and Voila… TOD/BOD appeared. It sure was in my methodology. A lot to learn.

an interesting article about VNAV
Garmin G1000 VNAV Tips and Tricks (flyhpa.com)

1 Like

Thanks. Will review as well.

Hey, any of you guy’s know how to reverse (invert) a FLP ? Read the link that was given by OpticParsley345 but it wasn’t there

Try this:

Hey M8, you’re brilliant. Thanks heaps.

1 Like

ChartFox - Free Flight Simulation Charts It’s free!

There are a few references to Chartfox in this thread. When I go to the site it indicates that you need a Vatsim account to log in. I do not use, and do not plan to use, Vatsim. The Chartfox website is a bit thin on info. Can you use it as a standalone app just to get airport info or do you have to use it in conjunction with Vatsim?

Thanks

Alwyn

I never use Vatsim, I just registered to use Chartfox, simple.

That’s all you have to do, just sign up to use Chartfox, there are no other requirements or consequences.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I can´t input a flight plan on G1000 NXI 0.9.2.
Pressing FPL in MFD no flash field appears.
Can you help me, please?