Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Are you set to LOCK mode? If so, have to hold down left mouse button and right click to press knobs.

Is the “backcourse” button functional and if so, what are the steps to get from GPS to Localizer to “backcourse” tracking for a non-precision IFR approach?

Heading oscillation is still there for me, but a new bug has popped up randomly over the past few days. When I set a flight plan and load into the sim, ATC gives me a clearance, but there is no flight plan in the G1000 NXi. Restarting the flight doesn’t fix it nor does ending and creating the same flight plan. I finally uninstalled and used the default G1000 out of frustration. Finished my flight, restarted the sim and reinstalled the NXi. Created a flight plan and loaded into the sim and no flight plan in the FPL section.
ATC comms were correct for the plan, so I manually entered all of my legs after I started flying. Any ideas why it is not loading in?

Welcome to the forum m8. You’re at the right place for all types of assistance with this great fraternity.
Yes, Backcourse, I always wondered what that meant… Thought it was something to do with a missed approach?? Any pointers from those who know and use it?

I just installed NXi 9.2 and it appears to work correctly now. I had a heck of a time getting all the settings back to what they were previous to installing 9.2 to the point I couldn’t steer the plane on the ground without turning off all the “assist” functions concerning controlling the flight surfaces.

Known bug in the sim (SU7). Updating in ContentManager will reset all Assistance Settings to default.

Wait… Can you use Chartfox to get charts to appear in the g1000nxi?

I’ve been looking for a free solution I can access in VR.

I am using G1000 NXI v0.9.2. I entered the whole flight plan. But i can not enable the ATK OFS, and VNV PROF buttons, because they are greyed out. Please guide me through it, as what might be the reason? The altitudes are also not showing for many waypoints along the flight plan. Is there something i am doing wrong?
Also please let me know if i create a custom waypoint in the flight plan using little navmap, can i use that custom waypoint as a starting point for vnav descent profile? If yes, how to do so?

I have no idea if or how you can get any kind of chart to appear on the G1000nxi. Is that even a feature yet?

Personally I just download charts from Chartfox as PDF’s to view in SkyElite.

1 Like

Along track offset and adjustable VNAV FPA functions are not yet implemented on the NXi.

You will generally only get altitudes for the descent segment, if the selected procedure has altitude restrictions. The G1000 is not like an airliner VNAV: it does not have climb VNAV at all.

-Matt | Working Title

First off–thank you so much for your tireless efforts with this add on.

So here is what I’m observing (with the most current version of the G1000NXi);

After activating the approach, dialing in field elevation and selecting VNAV, the plane descends along the proper path, meeting all the crossing restrictions of the approach. However, it often won’t go below the last crossing restriction of the approach, even after I select APPR mode at or prior to the FAF. I’m observing that a white diamond (which is presumably the GP) hangs at the top of the band and never comes down on the altitude tape.

As I recall, when one approaches the FAF, a magenta diamond (not a white one) is supposed to drop and having selected Approach mode, the plane will descend with vertical guidance. I’m no longer seeing this.

I’ve experimented with both LNAV-only and LPV approaches, and there doesn’t seem to be any common thread–sometimes, vertical guidance is provided and sometimes (most of the time), the guidance ends at the last crossing restriction on the approach.

We haven’t gotten any other reports of incorrect APPR mode guidance with 0.9.2. Can you confirm that you are on 0.9.2 by verifying the version in your Content Manager?

If so, do you have an approach we could try to reproduce this behavior on?

-Matt | Working Title

Hi Matt. Good to speak with you.
Yes, it is the latest (0.9.2) version, downloaded and installed from the Marketplace.

I found that it works correctly on the Rwy 13 RNAV approach into Tillamook (KTMK), but not correctly on the Rwy 26 RNAV (LPV) approach into Astoria (KAST).

Which transition are you using in the non-working scenario into RNAV 26?

-Matt | Working Title

PITER to KKARP

I also tried the RNP Z Rwy 5 approach at KOTH, RNP Z Rwy 2 at PHOG, and RNAV Rwy 12 at KCEC without success.

Maybe related:
I did the PHNL RNAV (RNP) Z Rwy 4R (HUBAP transition).
The HSI shows LNAV+V which is clearly incorrect, because the chart shows a DA(H). Although not clearly stated in chart, the approach requires a Baro-VNAV so I suppose it is an LNAV/VNAV approach, and that should be displayed in the HSI. I can image that if the approach type is wrong, the GP is not captured although the magenta indicator should move (and it did IIRC).

Has anyone else come across the Engine Alarms indicating with the NXi and LIve Weather?

I usually fly the C208 with the Nxi and Live weather, and until this morning, no issues.
Starting this morning, start up as normal take off, and within a few minutes, ITT and NG Alarms go off, and PFD Annunciator show Engine fire.
Restart flight, try again, same problem
Switch to weather preset, all normal, back to Live weather- alarms show.
Flight with default G1000, no issue

Edit: Reinstalled the NXi Mod, same flight, live weather, no issue

I’ve just been reading about this. From what I was told it looks like the temperature bug that was affecting flight over FL240 is now happening at much lower altitudes as well. Someone reported those same very high temperatures at 1000ft. Live weather is badly affected, but any presets will not be.

1 Like

I’ve flown all the provided approaches from multiple transitions and I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure you’re at the right altitude by the FAF, and is GP armed? It should show in white on the autopilot mode annunciator on the top of the PFD.

If you using hardware or external software to control the AP, the APPR mode light may not necessarily turn on or indicate yet while GP is only armed, since the sim doesn’t quite have a 1:1 simvar analog for that state. You will also not get a magenta diamond until at least GP is armed, and generally more close to capture range. It will remain white.

If all else fails, I would try to uninstall and reinstall, as it really does seem from your report of the preview GP indicator never descending that you may somehow still be on 0.9.1.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like