Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

I am gonna try to remove this and see if it helps, but since installing it, I tried 2 G1000 aircraft, and avionics have issues - I can’t set altitude with AP, CDI won’t change, etc… Tried it 5-6 times with both Bonanza and DA62. Happens if you start cold and dark, OR on runway. When I tried to take off, the airspeed and altitude tapes didn’t move. Could this be a conflict? G1000 was working for me yesterday and this is the only thing that I can think of that changed…

Sure enough! Removed G3000 mod and everything works. So it looks like G3000 somehow breaks the G1000. :frowning:

Re: G1000 bug. This has been fixed on our end already. Will be pushing prerelease 2 out soon which should fix it.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the G3000 mod now prevents the PFD freeze bug? My understanding from reading the “Working Title” CJ4 mod forum is that this bug was determined to be caused by DME values in the code sometimes being sent as a string. They were able to account for this in their code and appear to have fixed the bug. But as this bug also occurs in other aircraft like my beloved TBM It would be great to see it squashed there as well. Now that the G3000 -TBM mod is on the “Working Title” banner perhaps this is the case??

Dave

Great addition to the Working-Title family! Looking forward to a TSC Restyled integration!

5 Likes

That incredible and amazing work!

Once TSC Restyled mege with these 2 mods. We TBM flyers gonna have a blast! Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Wondering the same.
This but in particular is really annoying and the workaround doesn’t work sometimes…

Had a chance to play around with the new pre release, and HOLY COW! It is fantastic. Excellent work. Just the altitude intercept arc alone is a real game changer!

Dave

2 Likes

100% Agreement,

I actually prefer turning the synthetic vision off and yes the altitude intercept arc is a fantastic addition, makes descending way easier. This is by far my favourite plane and I cannot thank the developers for tirelessly working to give the community a better experience.

3 Likes

this mod is completely broken for me, whenever I load the TBM it brings my system to it’s knees, and then as soon as the battery switch is on it freezes up completely, I think it may still be conflicting with the g1000 mod and g3x mod from working titles, can someone take a look and report back?

Is there a way to toggle the white range ring on/off?

We’ve done testing with other WT mods, and the g3000 mod is largely compatible with them. There is a known issue with v0.2.0-pre2 and g1000 v0.3.1 where it causes an avionics freeze on the G1000 if you enter the MFD WPT page, but that will be fixed for the final release. Can you try testing the g3000 mod by itself and see if the issue persists?

No. The range ring/compass is always on. You cannot toggle them off (it’s like this in the real G3000 as well).

1 Like

I Had CTD’s and other issues at first using Guilherme Farias’s MSFS TBM 930 Project MOD and the Working Title G3000 MOD together until his recent update 0.5.2. Now all is fine.

Dave

Great job! My synthetic vision is turned turned off however as well, possibly due to the G1000 mod.

You can turn it back on by using the PFD softkeys: PFD Settings > Attitude Overlays → Synthetic Terrain

3 Likes

I get quite a performance hit when I use this mod. I realise its in beta though. I will sit at around 55-60fps with no mods. If I use this mod, as soon as I turn on avionics, then it drops to 30-35 fps. Once I turn off avionics, its back up to 55-60. This is in the TBM930. No other mods used.

Can you PM me with more information, including your system specs and any details about what (if anything) makes the performance better or worse?

If there are too many things drawn on the map (e.g. a bunch of cities or waypoints), it will cause performance to suffer. For me the hit is small (less than 5 fps), but I have a pretty beefy CPU. You can try tweaking the map settings to not show so many things at once and see if that helps.

v0.2.0 Full Release is now available. See OP for details.

4 Likes

Is there any changes between pre and full release ?