Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

@qpJamieqp & @SinfulDanTheMan That is what I meant. I was not anywhere near the computer when I wrote the first reply so I could not post a screen shot. I use it all the time. I also use the VNAV info displayed on the map page as a guide.

1 Like

Is there an in-cockpit fix for the frozen MFD map? Would an earlier version of the Garmin 3000 fix the problem?
Thanks.

IIRC, this was/is a bug when you use the sim’s GPS Map feature. Once you activate that, the MFD map freezes. Does this sound like your situation?

Yes, that sounds like it. Not sure what IIRC means, but now when I start a flight the Map either is frozen immediately or shortly into the flight. I am using version 7.7. I’ve experimented and have found no way to unfreeze (thaw? :slight_smile: ) it. However, I’ve noticed if I go to some other function like Weather and then back to map the map updates to the current position but then freezes again

IIRC = “If I Recall Correctly”. :slight_smile: And I meant “VFR Map” instead of “GPS Map” above.

I figured that I can rely solely on the MFD’s map instead of pulling up the sim’s VFR Map. The G3000’s map is very detailed, so there’s not much value in the VFR map anyways, other than to drag it to a different monitor and maximize it for my aging eyes.

My fault, I wasn’t clear. I was referring to the Garmin 3000 map in the Cessna 700 Longitude… That is the map that is frozen.

I read your post again and now I see what you are saying—the MFD map seems to freeze regardless onf whether or not I have opened the VFR map. Does the VFR map interfere with the Garmin map?

Okay, so you might have a different issue. Below is a reference article for what I’ve encountered.

In any event, if you haven’t already, I recommend installing the Working Title G3000/5000, as well as the Dakfly Longitude Flight Dynamics project. Having both of these seems to be the Gold Standard add-ons for Longitude flying. There are still quirks, but all in all it works very well.

Great, what I wanted. When I was starting this thread I watched for articles about this problem but noting showed up. I do have both of the mods you suggested installed and have for some time.
Now I have to troubleshoot why the sim opens with the VFR map showing even tho it is off in the sim Pilot Assists Settings.

Of all the a/c I flly in this sim the Cessna Longitude is my fav, primarily because everything works so well. I very much like the Garmin FCS and how easy it is to program. The freezing map problem is the only problem I experience with this great a/c.

I dont think ive used the VFR map in 8 months. Its even disabled on the toolbar. One less icon to scan through. Theres no more information on that thing than the garmin anyway.

Agree, however I do use it as an interesting overview and occasionally general orientation if it’s IFR and the approach I’m given is wonkers. Kind of cheating but oh well…

Personal Comments

Honestly, you’re better off from a Situational Awareness view to use Little Nav Map. It’s literally a moving map with sectional underlay, and you can do flight planning, get winds aloft, COM freqs, and zoom into the airports to get a layout chart, plus overhead Instrument Approach Charts. I’m going to get a secondary screen at some point to dedicate it just to LNM.

Feel free to inquire about Little Nav Map here in it’s Master Thread:

Deleting the pms50 mods is what helped me in that regard.

You’re right. I have it on my desktop and have stuck my nose into it a few times because it is so frequently praised. It’s kinda overwhelming and I’ve not figured out yet how to use it and can you even insert it into MSF.? I need to make myself sit down with it and some utube videos and figure it out. So far I’ve avoided having a second monitor or laptop open but it may come to that.

Pms50 modes?

I reverted back to the version previous to the current 7.7 (version 7.6?) , made two flights and the G3000 moving map never failed. I intermittently used the VFR map as a test and it did not affect the moving map.

Am I correct in saying MFD map freezes only due to PMS mod being installed and no other reason?
Thankyou for any assistance

I mostly agree that everything works well. Only real nag I have is the flight plan “reshuffling” issue. Case in point, I’m on a flight, maybe the third leg after taking off. I change the STAR and Approach, or maybe add/remove a waypoint further in the route, and all of the sudden the plane does a 180 and tries to re-fly the first leg of the flight plan. I’ve learned that if I need to make any flight plan changes, I change to HDG mode first to keep the same path. If the above happens, I’m still flying the right direction, so I just need to activate the current leg in the FMS and then reselect NAV mode.

I’m sure this all gets fixed in the next version. :+1:

I have the G3000 installed from WT’s GitHub repo and I’m noticing a few things that I’m not sure if they are issues or normal behavior with the G3000. I’m used to the polished G1000.

When first engaging GPS navigation, the direction indicator does not match up with the route. It seems to be stuck in a random direction. I think it may be trying to circle back to the airport. Even with a good vector to the magenta line it wants to go the opposite direction. The only way I can get through it is to let the AP circle around the airport for a while or just take a manual heading.

I’m unable to use direct to for the next waypoint. I’ve tried this to fix the above issue.

The autopilot is usually off to the side by 2 or 3 NM.

VNAV doesn’t seem to trigger the autopilot.

The autopilot rarely seems to catch the ILS glide scope. But ILS is just hit or miss in the sim in general.

The AP sometimes turns or climbs/descends small amounts for seemingly no reason.