Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

I know that VNAV doesn’t work like the G1000 Nxi. It is a “suggestion” only. When you see the VNAV snowflake drop you have to set VS in the autopilot to track it manually.

I recall reading somewhere that it may not be functional.

I’m spoiled by the NXi G1000 now!

I noticed some recent GitHub activity but it seemed related to the CJ4.

You are correct, it is only advisory VNAV, see the changelog from WT:

“Added support for advisory VNAV guidance. The FMS can now calculate VNAV descent profiles and provide information on top of descent, bottom of descent, required vertical speed, and vertical path deviation. The autopilot still does not support V PATH mode.”

I’m not sure if it’s the TBM Improvement Project or the upgraded G3000 but the AP sure is bad!

I’m still not sure how to get the AP to lock on after takeoff. I just need to fly around the airport randomly before locking on.

It’s easier to just stick to heading mode as it is now. The turns are also overshooting a large amount.

I’ll have to see how the CJ4 behaves.

I know what you mean. Sometimes the flight plan has the departure runway as the first waypoint. If so, make sure that you taxi all the way to the end of the runway so it registers you having reached the runway WPT. The FMC vector line should turn and indicate the departure track. I got caught several times on that.

Thanks! That’s a maddening one. I’ve just noticed that it would eventually get on course after spiraling up over the airport.

It’s an odd issue as the G1000 will lock on at any point of a leg as long as the distance and angle are within parameters. The G3000 seems like it will lock on even if you are going the opposite direction.

Is it requiring you to hit the first point of every leg or just the starting leg?

The other issues are easy enough to work around.

Hopefully the G3000 will get some attention soon. I think most simmers would put up with it unless they get used to the WT NXi G1000.

Only on PC? I dont think this works on XBOX yet?

I’m not sure if the WT G3000 is available yet on the Xbox. That could be the reason. Otherwise it needs to be enabled.

With the NXi being default in SU10, hopefully we will see the G3000 updates hit the store soon like were for the NXi G1000.

2 Likes

Indeed: the old WT G3000 mod is not available on Xbox, and the new code they’re working on is not yet available.

1 Like

**** Edit ****
I submitted tickets but it seems most of the issues are default sim problems as the NXi code hasn’t been implemented yet in the G3000.

I must have forgotten how rough the default system is. I wish I could just use the G1000 until the NXi code is integrated.

Just had another flight in the TBM 930. I found the easiest way to latch on to the initial leg is to intercept it and hit direct to on the next waypoint. Activating the leg doesn’t seem to help.

I had another bug, I’m not sure if it’s because I added a new waypoint. But my MFD froze, I was able to get it back somehow. But then the PFD had frozen. It seemed to only impact airspeed and altitude at least and we have a backup system for those.

I even tried cutting the power by hitting the breaker bar to restart the systems but it didn’t help.

VNAV guidance also didn’t seem to work on my last two flights.

When the approach sequence started, the turns were off by a nautical mile or two. Also the ILS frequency failed to pick up.

Is the CJ4 this buggy? I’m thinking of going back to the stock system if I’ll be sticking to the TBM. But I also don’t mind helping with testing if that’s needed. Although I don’t remember if the stock G3000 has the same issues. Back when I last flew it I hadn’t “mastered” the NXi G1000.

The CJ4 is not buggy, but it also does not use the G3000. It stimulates a different flight management computer system.

If you are on SU10 Beta, the CJ4 does require an updated panel.cfg to work properly. They have it on their Discord channel.

I’ve gotten used to some of the quirks now so it’s not so bad. Once the G3000 gets the new NXi code it should be good.

Since the NXi is default in SU10, does that mean the G3000 would pick it up?

No, they’re completely different systems in the sim. I think WT is trying to get the G3000 update done maybe this year.

WT keep teasing little video clips of the new G3000 and the G430/G530 that they’re working on on their Discord. It’s coming along nice, we just have to have patience until they have a releasable version. :wink:

(Not sure if they plan to do an open ‘beta’ release like the G1000 NXi did.)

1 Like

I just joined it yesterday but haven’t seen the clips yet. I’m quite liking the G3000 now, especially that I can mentally separate out where the bugs are occurring.

I love being able to set the PFD and MFD map settings separately. I’ve always wanted the inset to be heading up and the MFD to be North up. Flight pans are so much easier too compared to the G1000.

Hmm, on the ticket I submitted they said something about integrating the NXi code. But exactly what that means I’m not sure. I know the AP is a different system, which is where most issues are, but there seems to be some link between them. The TBM is terribly understeering.

Hopefully we start seeing some updates after SU10 is released.

Is is possible to get the OBS working for NAV1/NAV2 - so we can fly IFR and follow a radial from/to a specific VOR (without need for GPS NAV all time ) ???

What’s not working for you exactly? I can rotate the course pointer for both.

Hi all, first post.

I have Flightsimbuilder G1000 and GNS530 hardware which is working really well. I have setup the GNS530 to show the “popped out” G1000 MFD and mapped the buttons and knobs to enable me to interact with the G1000 MFD. An example of some mapping is:

button:18=(>H:AS1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_1) #MFD_SOFTKEYS_1
button:19=(>H:AS1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_2) #MFD_SOFTKEYS_2
button:20=(>H:AS1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_3) #MFD_SOFTKEYS_3

My question is - Are there any similar key mappings available for the G3000 so I can map the Flightsimbuilder G1000 to interact with the G3000?

I have searched these forums but not found a solution. Happy to be pointed to the right section.

There seems to be some sort of problem with the G3000 mod and DX12 in SU10b3. It is simply unusable for me due to stutters when inputting anything into the touch screen. CoherentGTDraw and RdrThread goes haywire. Causing massive performance loss. Though this doesn’t seem top be the case in DX11.

This is only happening with the 0.7.8 version.

SU10 versions previous didn’t have this problem.