World map Issue. Impossible to choose a gate when SID is selected

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Impossible to change Runway to a gate when departure SID is selected

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Capture d’écran 2022-10-13 172113

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

All ramp gate and stand Parking spots missing at KONT only fuel box or runway, when you select Star arrival departure defaults to runway and unable to select even the fuel box.
Tested in Safe Mode same issue.

Same thing happening on Xbox Series X. But at least it seems only a visual bug here. It’s possible to see in the map that the colored yellow line and the dot are moved to the chosen gate and we really start there, even though it’s showing the runway in the drop-down menu.

1 Like

Indeed, big problem

1 Like

Yes.

The gate is in fact, selected properly. The problem appears to be that the drop down list does not update to display the chosen gate. If you select a gate and press Fly, your flight will start at the selected gate even though the interface still said “Runway x” in the drop down list box.

1 Like

The map graphic seems to be correct, even if the listing is wrong. Select departure point before entering the rest of your flight route. At the end, zoom in to the departure gate to verify that it has where you intend to depart from graphically depicted.

Yes

I set initial departure point from a gate. After filling destination, changing flight plan to IFR, putting in STAR and Approach, i noticed that my departure point had changed to the runway.

Even though the departure point was still showing as the gate on the world map. I was not sure if i would spawn on runway or at gate.

When i actually spawned, i appeared at the gate, regardless of the start position listed.

When I clicked on the gate, it showed, that it was still listed as the departure point, with the option to delete. At this point, I was not sure where Flight Simulator would actually take me.

I ended up spawning at the gate as expected.

This “feels” to be related to these threads… where world map recalculates:

The new behavior is that the menu recalculates, but the actual start position does not change - causing a difference in what is seen and expected vs what is actually happening.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we were not able to repro this internally yet.

If others would like to chime in with their repro steps and any extra details, please do and we can check again.

1 Like

I will add step by step later today.

1 Like

Yes

Since “can load *.pln” from in flight is available now,
what I do is,

select the ramp/gate spawn, start Fly.

Check/set Weather, check ATIS for the departure runway.

Have a flightplan *.pln of which you know the SID and STAR saved on disk (PC), go ESC and load .pln by entering '.pln’ in the file box (because *.flt only show, this is a bug)

load you xxx.pln form here, and voila your on a gate/ramp and you have a flightplan loaded with ATC SID/STAR (and you FMC file ditto)

2 cts

Step 1 - Launch MSFS

Step 2 - Crash to Desktop :’ (
(Not required, MSFS just happened to perform for extra credit).

Step 3 - Try Again

Step 4 - Select World Map

Step 5 - Select departure Airport. I’m choosing Melbourne Intl. Type “YMML” into FROM>Select Departure

Step 6 - The screen zooms into Melbourne airport. Select a departure gate by clicking on a spot.

Step 7 - Select as Departure

Step 9 - Select arrival airport. I’m choosing Sydney. Type “YSSY” into TO>Select Arrival

Notice that the departure point has reverted to RWY 34. And the delete departure option is avail for RWY 34.
… even though the origination is at Gate D 14.

I will also add that there is some variability to this glitch. Happens usually, but not all the time.

If you try too often with the same route, you can force it to behave. If you’re not able to repro, try a different airport combo.

3 Likes

Yep getting the exact same problem here, tried flying out of Toronto pearson CYYZ, select my spot (zoom to details), and it will suggest a departure, but then, as soon as i modify the departure, it will change the parking spot to the relative runway and you cant change back.

Tried again from Ottowa CYOW, and again noticed when CHANGING the SID it goes to runway. This is probably why you cant replicate, if you use the suggested/default SID, try changing it

1 Like

Changing the star also triggers the runway start

1 Like

You left out the step where you selected IFR (High-altitude airways).

I followed your directions and the issue didn’t happen to me.

However I then did as was suggested here:

That made the bug happen.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the additional information, we’ve sent it off to the test team for another repro attempt!

4 Likes

Hi, I also have this issue, the Gate selected flickers for a second and then returns to the Runway that relates to the SID that I have chosen (I import the plan from Navigraph as a Pln file (
If I select the Gate the Aircraft loads to the correct gate,but shows the runway
If I change the SID to Direct I can select a gate but if i add the SID in it defaults back to the runway.
If I put the Airport, then the gate and then the SID manually it appears to work, but I would then have to manually add the remaining waypoints by hand(if that is possible?)
so it looks as if its a pln and the MSFS flight planning issue for me

This needs to fixed asap !!! I can’t load at the gate in the flight planner screen ! Here are photos. I load up simbrief plan , than it loads up departure /arrival and approach . Has me set at 24L KLAX I go to drop down menu and it’s blank. I try to click the gate in the map and my departure plan is now gone . I go to departure drop down menu and now that’s blank . This is a major bug . The sim will be shut down till this is fixed . Very disappointed coming from SU10 being really good .

Since the 40th anniversary update i am faced with this problem too. I usually proceed as following:

1. Create a flightplan (SID-ROUTE-STAR) with SimBrief and save it
  2. Launch MSFS and load the flightplan (Worldmap > space > space )
  3. Select a gate at the departure airport
    Unfortunately since SU11 a gate selection is not possible when the flightplan contains a SID. Replacing the SID with DCT makes it possible to select a gate.
    This bug requires a fix soon !!!
2 Likes

I have been selecting a gate with a SimBrief plan loaded by using the the drop down menu. Not via the map.