World Update 2022/2023: Central/Eastern Europe

Probably I’m not objective here coming from Warsaw, Poland myself, but I wonder how big the community of flight simmers interested in exploring this part of EU is. I mean especially Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, I can imagine this could be done as one update, and then later on (or earlier) - the Balkans, as a separate region too. I’ve been flying a lot on Vatsim all over Europe and judging just by the number of simmers taking off and landing in EPWA, LKPR, LHBP, as well as by the overall representation of online ATC in these regions I feel quite confident the community here is pretty extensive. Cities like Prague, Warsaw, Budapest could definitely use some touching up (especially taking into consideration the fact that while Western and Southern Europe has plenty examples of such, there’s literally NOT A SINGLE photogrammetry city east of German border) and seeing them in photogrammetry standard would certainly add a lot to flying experience in this part of the world.

6 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: World Updates-Eastern Europe

Well, coming from the Netherlands and flying over the country after the “update” that included belgium, France, Germany and luxemberg, i can attest it’s “not the greatest”. I longed for more detail and well, we got two cities and a bit more detail, but in no way is it pleasing to fly under 3500 feet. I was seriously hyped, but find myself not flying as much over my home country as i had hoped. it’s nicer, but i was expecting maybe a bit more. We’ll see in future.
I tried the Google maps swap once for “testing purposes” and it had quite a bit more detail to the ground textures than that of the Bing maps version. … meaning, near my street i could see the actual road markings near the trafficlights, whereas i couldn’t before as the asphalt street was just “green” and fuzzily detailed (not much detailed data, i guess) But the streetmarkings were about it for the added detail. I guess it all has to do with how good the data is that the team over at Bing manages to get… so here’s hoping for your country to be included somewhere in the next year with a much more gratifying result. To me it felt like Germany has had a much better quality than that of the netherlands. Also Belgium and ofcourse France, whereas i’d think a country as flat as the one i live in, would be easier to reproduce, hahaha. it’s all about the data, in the end. Then again, the updates are free of charge, so nevermind my gripe.

Have a great flight!

Woof ~ Woof & Salute

Steiny

2 Likes

There is an existing topic on this in the wishlist: