World Update 4: France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

Amsterdam will look lovely with photogrammetry, currently it’s rather unrecognizable with AI buildings. However I would rather they spend time on more interesting places like Varanasi in India, go by a list of the most beautiful cities on Earth. Paris and Amsterdam are in that list anyway, get 'r done. Cape town and Rio de Janeiro next pls. Hong Kong, Prague, Istanbul, Tallin, Moscow, Santorini, Amalfi Coast, Mecca, Hong Kong, New Delhi, Beijing, Bagan, so many great places to choose from.

2 Likes

Exactly the way I feel about this.

1 Like

To each its own indeed! I have a couple of hubs I very frequently use, so then it become worth it :).

It’ll be interesting to see how ORBX has to react to photogrammetry London and Paris, with their City Packs.

One big advantage to the geometry landmarks is that you can see them from much farther away, so you can actually see the city skyline from a distance. Doesn’t work well at all with photogrammetry.

I was wondering about that as well. It‘d be great if they offered an update that combines photogrammetry with their handcrafted landmarks, e.g. taller structures and bridges are modelled while for the smaller buildings photogrammetry data is used.

I’d assume they’ll just readjust the scenery as needed and patch it. Which I think might be good… photogrammetry details when you’re flying directly over - but you still can see the key buildings from a distance away.

It makes such a huge difference when you can see the city skyline from +50km away @ the hub airport…

I couldn’t agree more…

MSAsobo should also improve the quality of the LFPG Charles de Gaulle airport texturing, main terminals are a good job but some other parts across the layout remind me of Blueprint FS9 airports back in the day…

Can you imagine to fly over Santorini and Mykonos and of course Athens in PG !

They all exist in the Google Earth.

Asobo in my opinion should also target Germany. Germany looks soooo bad, and I hope someday we will also have a World Update for Germany, Austria and Switzerland :wink:

3 Likes

Wonder if they’ll include Monaco & the French Islands which are dotted around the world.

Also i was just thinking it’d be really great to get an Antarctic, Arctic, Greenland, Iceland update sometime down the line after more popular area’s. Maybe around Christmas. They could be vastly improved if they can somehow get better imagery. Even handmade it would still help. Hopefully Scandinavia is looked at before then.

Yes, +1 for Spain. Second most visited destination in 2018, with 82,8 million International tourist arrivals. First was France.

2 Likes

There are two payware add-on of Tenerife.

My biggest hope is they finish the rest of the Alps after this update. The DEM is the biggest minus about the whole sim and it shows the most in mountains like that. There is not much point in having a small part of them when the majority is still ■■■■.

4 Likes

They seem to sweep over Europe in a Northwesterly wind fashion, so what you’re proposing has a high chance of coming next!
I guess it sll depends on the data they get

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Eindhoven Airport. In fact it’s being updated and enhanced by a very dedicated developer.

A very good- and actively updated, version of Eindhoven is available at Flightsim.to :wink:.

I’m 99.99% sure they are not being driven by predujuce but probably by the data sources and the customers which would benefit from the expansions. E.G. US, UK and Japan make up a lot of the flight simming community and then Europe is the next big consumers.

2 Likes

Nah… that’s just me getting totally lost!

:wink:

It would be nice if it was included in the game itself so we don’t have to install a bunch of mods (I’d like to keep my sim as clean as possible so it won’t get unstable or slow)

But I agree, the EHEH mod looks very nice

1 Like