World Update 4: France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg

Exactly. Although some modders really deliver quality, the problem is when there’s an update of the sim. There is no message or alert which mod causes the sim to stop working or updating etc etc. Usually when I’m in a specific area I may install a mod temporarily and after having visited the area remove the mod.

The best way is to make Asobo aware of the shortcomings so the fix it.

2 Likes

LFML as well !

LFML is missing, and the basic one is horrible…
Need to be hand-crafted : LFMN, LFML, LFLL, LFKJ, all DOM & TOM Intl Airport !!

Agree with you mostly, but FYI, JetStream/FlightBeam are likely doing LFML. We’ll see I guess.

Really ? I didn’t know that… What a great news thanks, I just got the LFPO JetStream scene which is incredible !
Can’t wait to get LFML :slight_smile:
Where did u get that info ?

As enhancing The Netherlands :netherlands: should take no more then 15 minutes (we have two Highways, one windmill and 5 Cows :cow2:) it would be great to see a makeover of LFMN (France :fr:).

It would be nice to see the “suicide-jetways :no_entry:” connected (ramp 41 I believe) and the light-poles removed from the Taxi lanes.

1 Like

At one point they said they’d be bringing all their airports over (they didn’t offer dates but…one can dream)! I agree LFPO is literally my favorite European hub and I’ve got a bunch. They did a great job. Very much looking forward to the future.

And mine too!! I´m from Canary Islands! :grinning:

Ha … Lucky you. No wonder you’re smiling :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I miss the Canary Islands, before the corona I visited Gran Canaria twice every year. Ideal weather for me, I hate the Dutch weather for at least 7-8 months each year. Canary Islands was one of the first destinations I flew to when FS2020 came out.

4 Likes

Let’s hope they don’t forget Luxemburg. Not looking forward to the bug reports lol.

1 Like

Personally, I am really looking forward to see those beauitful watermasks in the Netherlands. Flying around Zeeland and the Frisian islands will be a lot more spectecular. And then when Denmark will get some love to see them there as well.

You can check ahead how it will look, it’s coming from Bing Maps after all.

De Wadden Zee is a bit inconsistent but has beautiful spots as well

Same in Zeeland

It’s a crime it’s always high tide in FS2020 with the water polygons covering up all the detail!

I wonder if they can do some global fix to have blackshark AI detect whether there is detail on the aerial images and adjust the water mask accordingly. All river deltas will look much better as well.

3 Likes

This is great news at the end of march for the most visited country in the world
I sincerely hope that the major airports will be detailed and in particular that Lille Lesquin LFQQ will be detailed with the disappearance of the differences in ground levels which cause GA planes to crash on landing during the passage from one level to another on the track 08-26 already reported several times on the desk.

2 Likes

Completely disagree. The free airports are welcome regardless of whether they’ve been done by a third party already.

There’s some great free mods for smaller Belgian airfields by Jan Cuypers which I strongly doubt will be surpassed by the world update.

I just hope they continue with the Alps after this update. They are one of the biggest attractions and look the worst in the sim imho. They could do Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy in the next one.

6 Likes

I think it would be a good idea that one of the upcoming World Updates will thoroughly be dedicated to the addition of the non existent airports and aerial images and water masks all around the world.

There are regions where the leading airports, aerial images and water masks are totally missing.

I just tried to take off from Seychelles the other day and got totally petrified, having seen the main Victoria International is totally nonexistent.

Mauritius has FSX textures (most likely because of the aerial images are infested with clouds) and no water masks around any tropical Islands in and around Indian Ocean.

2 Likes

From what they said in the Q&As, I doubt that we‘ll see imagery updates outside the designated world updates, at least not specific updates in areas with lacking imagery. With water masks it’s probably different. For instance, they already confirmed that the UK update will include all the water masks that can be seen in their promotional materials.

That’s why I suggest MS/Asobo stop delivering regional updates at least for once in the months to come (perhaps after WU IV France and BeNeLux) and work on a general World Update to save the rest of the world.

Or I’ll seriously start to believe that the hype of ‘ninety nine of the entire planet is covered’ was only a sham. Because it’s obviously not.

I just don’t want to fly with drab FSX textures outside North America and Western Europe.