World Update II: USA incoming

Next in line, woo-hoo!

Q&A stream replay:

A list compiled from another thread:

• Garmin further development “I’ve changed my mind” based on community feedback
  • NAVBLUE data coming in November, Charts+ next
  • FlyByWire A32NX close ties (working on manufacture/Airbus approval)
  • Further SDK tools, i.e. possible to add contrail
  • They are looking to increase draw distance, especially for airliners higher altitude
  • DX12 they had a team for a while working on this.
  • Next world update is USA, higher resolution
  • Sim update in November
  • They will add\tweak stuff for weather visibility.
  • Night light will get improved (higher altitude)
  • VR beta applying for testing available now
  • Downgrade\introduce bug are not intentional
36 Likes

The whole of the US? Crikey

YES. Look forward to some Socal updates. Hawaii included?

2 Likes

I mean it’s not that USA data hasn’t been better than the rest of the world’s right from the start.

27 Likes

Starts at 7:45

5 Likes

This is good news; and means we should fly to as many US airports etc as we can and do Zendesk tickets to help them make the update really good! :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

They are literally addressing each and every single community complain. The Garmin will be further developed, Jorg literally said “I’ve changed my mind” after seeing our feedback. Come on, they are working their asses off and actually listening. Don’t be a Debbie Downer, the future is bright and beautiful :slight_smile:

72 Likes

If we always expect negative things we will surely get those negative things …

1 Like

Go be a Negative Nancy someplace else; there’s already plenty of threads for that. :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

OK, just a troll, then. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Whilst London, Paris and landmarks such as Notre Dame and Buckingham Palace have been turned into tenement buildings, and US already has almost every major city covered, what we REALLY need more of is minor cities in the US…

12 Likes

Do you feel he was referring to water reflections when he said, “I’ve changed my mind”?

No, he was talking about the Garmin. The original plan was to not develop it too much, but that’s now changed :smiley:

5 Likes

I heard him say that about not doing more of the G1000 functions; now they are going to go ahead and do it properly.

5 Likes

Any updates on the building height issue?

1 Like

Yes, go to L35 big bear lake. Last time I was there they did not have those massive building around the airport.

Some of the bigger airports (B and C) need correct taxi markers When ACP has you do H C L to reach 20R KSNA, makes it hard when they are A B C D. Good thing we have ForeFlight

2 Likes

Yes, we should encourage people to point issues, complain, etc but when it turns into trolling, just hit the flag button and let the mods handle it. They are very fair and will take proper action if necessary.

8 Likes

I never realized how many unhappy people there are in this world until I read the FS forums page. My dearrrr…

21 Likes

The world is a sh*thole nowadays. But people complaining about this sim I can’t understand

6 Likes