World Update II: USA incoming

NOVEMBER 19TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

NOVEMBER 19, 2020 | POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

It has been an action-packed week with the team dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s for next Tuesday’s World Update II: North America (Update #7).

Be a little Leary of this, past releases have not matched the video

1 Like

I have been told that the update is for the United States only.
I have escalated that post to the team to modify that reference. Sorry for the confusion.
CC: @Benoro011019, @Crunchmeister71

That’s strange because I read this page in detail several times, and it used to clearly say USA. I clicked the link and it said USA on my end, likely due to cached content. I did a Ctrl+F5 for a forced refresh, and it updated to North America.

Pre-Forced Refresh

Post Forced Refresh

THose 2 screen shots may be of use to you. THis page seems to have been changed in the last couple of days to say North America from US.

See @N316TS’s post above. Sounds like there may be some confusion as to what the release actually encompasses…I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that Canada gets some love, but it sounds like you may be right after all…

1 Like

Weird! I’ve passed along that feedback, too.

That would seem to have some logic to bring Canada along with it

Maybe you are right. Personally I would have thought it would be a good marketing opportunity to keep up sales and that comes through keeping the interest levels nice and high. I believe it is a great thing that there are periodic world updates being released, also encompassing some additional hand crafted airports, so cant see why it shouldn’t be the case that a video trailer is released routinely to celebrate such occasions. Never underestimate the power of marketing :+1:

Like literally, when @geoffda posted that, I clicked the link. I had been reading it just earlier today again to confirm that it said USA only. I actually still had the original tab open. I clicked on his link, and it still said USA. Then I did the forced refresh, and it updated to say North America. That’s how I got screen shots of both.

And likewise, all official information to date stated the update was USA only. The only people claming otherwise were people mistaking the Around THe World North America video for a preview of the update, which it isn’t. This is the first time in an official channel that it states North America.

To clear this up, this is World Update II: United States. Anything else is incorrect and has been fixed, though some places are still cached.

4 Likes

On that note, what will happen at the border between Canada and the US? Will we see a distinct terrain line in the Rockies where the terrain quality abruptly drops?

I’m hoping the transition is smoothed out…

does the update include Alaska

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

I am quite sure Jorg said in the last Q&A that the US World Update will include a Bush Trip in Alaska. So I assume that yes, Alaska will be included.

3 Likes

What about Hawaii and Puerto Rico, are they included?

1 Like

Very excited for this update, hopefully it doesn’t break anything lol.

What is to be expected in the United States World Update that’s coming up? I’d like to know! :slight_smile:

We will all know together in a few days…

It will always be like this.
Though I am excited as well :smiley:
Especially regarding the CPU Main thread improvements.

1 Like

During the 12 years I flew it my total investment in FSX went from less than 30 dollars to over 3,000 dollars buying addon scenery and aircraft.
You cannot purchase a 15,000 dollar car and expect to have all of the features of a Rolls. Life just doesn’t work that way.

1 Like