World Update IX: Italy and Malta

I was hoping for the partenavia p36

since its a World Update for Italy and Malta, what about the two counties inside Italy which is

San Marino :san_marino:

and the Vatican City :vatican_city:

4 Likes

Yea man, I want to see the legendary Imola racetrack in HD :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Il bel paese, complimenti.

I am so glad its Italy next, beautiful country.

ā€¦itā€™s ā€œmaccheroniā€, ā€œpeperoniā€ and ā€œsalameā€ :wink:

Ciao from Italy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looking forward to this, beautiful country and a lot of history.
I look forward to flying around, Peroni in one hand, admiring the scenery :sunglasses: :beer:

1 Like

This one in particoular is already confirmed as part of the improved sceneries.

Official pic from last Q&A:

2 Likes

Looking forward to this so so much.

The only music appropriate enough to dress up the WU9 trailer for next month - Asobo pls take notes.

2 Likes

Separate topic created for this postā€¦

Questions about the Microsoft/Asobo Mar 23 Podcast

Spero che la Sardegna e la Sicilia non vengano dimenticate
I hope that Sardinia and Sicily will not be forgotten

4 Likes

Very true! Especially if we are lucky enough to have Sicily :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry, I am gonna make them an offer they canā€™t refuse.

5 Likes

Not quite! We are missing Greece, which I for one am hoping will be the last piece in the European jigsaw. With at least 1200 islands that is a lot of amphibian traffic waiting to be unleashed! Plus a very distinctive set of buildings.

2 Likes

Greece isnā€™t in Western Europe.

Well, depending on whose definition you use, southern France, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, Italy and Malta are not in Western Europe either. So, what we have is an incomplete update of Southern Europe instead. Happy either way as long as Greece gets an update.

1 Like

I just googled it and apparently the UK and the Nordic countries arenā€™t geographically part of Western Europe either, strangely enough.

When I made the statement about the whole of Western Europe being covered I guess I was referrring more the political/cultural associations as much as geography. East of Germany is generally Eastern Europe, but also not fully Western in terms of political idealogies, customs etc.

Itā€™s interesting with Greece, I mean they represent literally the foundation of ā€˜Westernā€™ so Iā€™d consider them Western Europe for that reason I guess. Either way, I agree Iā€™d love to see them covered in the sim.

Eastern Europe too, places like Vienna, Istanbul and Moscow will be terrific to fly to one day, if I ever progress past the UK!

1 Like

I was assuming you meant Western Europe in the broadest sense but as you say by some definitons the UK and Nordic updates do not count either! The CIA has the narrowest definition I think.

Certainly I think my Greek relatives would see themselves as part of a broadly defined Western Europe, not least for the cultural reasons you do.

1 Like

It you are interested on supporting Greece for the next WU pls check the thread I created.

3 Likes

Seriously mate, you havenā€™t left UK yet? After Wales and Scotland, my next love is Austria, fantastic for flying GA, the scenery is spectacularā€¦ almost as good as the green, green grass of home :wink: :grin:

2 Likes