World Update V

Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden.
Airports: EKRN Denmark, BIIS Iceland, EFVA Finland, ENSB Norway, ESSA Sweden.

Recorded from livestream MSFSofficial Developer Q&A Twitch Series

7 Likes

No photogrammetry planned?

If not then it means bing doesn’t have it yet or it’s very poor quality

Just because it wasn’t discussed doesn’t mean it’s not there. We’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

There is no topic for the WU comming on Thursday, what are people looking forward to/hoping for in this update?

: )

1 Like

Too much Europe i hope Middle east

4 Likes

I am looking forward for this release. I hope we will get better scenery in the northern parts of Finland, Norway and Sweden. And yes, I should hope Iceland to be without trees. But do we need that awesome Iceland overhaul anymore? I hope there will be a update of it asap, it´s so great!

2 Likes

For Iceland active volcanos and Glacier lake would be nice,

Hoping to see Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo in photogrammetry,

and hopefully some fauna, polarbear, elk and reindeer

2 Likes

One more region turned into a post apocalyptic wasteland by the photogrammetry AI then covered in tree’s growing out of buildings all of which will have a significant impact on performance.

I’m flying the Nordics now before they are lost to me.

1 Like

you are aware that you can disable photogrammetry right? and you don’t have to install or can uninstall the world updates right?

11 Likes

Not to mention that they are not installed by default or automatically. If you don’t want it, you just need to not go to the marketplace and install it.

5 Likes

Couldn’t have scheduled this better, I’m doing a round the world trip and presently at Boston waiting for clearer weather to set off up to Gander before crossing to Europe via Greenland and Iceland, then through Norway, Sweden and Finland. Thanks Asobo.

5 Likes

Polarbears? Are you serious

1 Like

At Svalbard and Greenland

4 Likes

You know you can turn it off, right? LOL

1 Like

Looking forward to 1) wooden houses and small village churches and 2) nature scenery. I hope the water in Finland will be great… and my Norway DEM is currently 6GB data in \Community, I hope it will be compatible… or better… not needed anymore !

Animals… maybe a funny one is the arctic fox… Ice bears… nordic tern… the albatros… reindeer…

Why? And penguins! We need penguins in Norway! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Faroe Islands. Proper data has been mentioned in passing but nothing appears fully confirmed.

3 Likes

Looking greatly forward to this update! Love some airport’s, better data, landmarks etc! I always get excited by these world updates!

Orbx will hopefully release Bromma Airport soon after!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to Svalbard! Been wanting to go there, but there was no default airports, and I found the freewares and paywares so far a bit lacking. Hoping Asobo can make something nice of it so I can use my Båtsfjord Airport scenery.

2 Likes