World Update VIII: Iberia

Feliz Navidad!!! :joy: :star_struck:

Well stated, ignore the trolls.

Feel so terrible for the families of this tragedy. Just awful.

3 Likes

He said over a hundred airports have been improved upon.

At this time let us also remember the terrible disaster of the Spanair Flight 5022 Barcelona–El Prat Airport to Gran Canaria Airport, Spain, via Madrid–Barajas on 20 August 2008. The aircraft was a McDonnell Douglas MD-82, registration EC-HFP.

It crashed on take-off due to improper flaps and slat selection. The warning system that detects if take-off checks and warnings were in place was switched off.

Of the 172 passengers and crew on board, 154 died and 18 survived. I have met people who were working there on this day and also knew people affected. May this update remember them too. Aviation has learned from every mistake and crash. I have seen videos of the crash on Monday, horrific, the tail of the plane has broken off. Is this from extreme rudder pressure too? In any case, we live and learn; Respect for all victims.

5 Likes

Mind me asking why they’re bad choices? Sure there might be freeware and payware versions of them (I haven’t looked) but there might be freeware and payware versions later on of airports you think are better (I’m sure will be the case with the more well known airports).

Well said and I did not know about this, so thank you for acknowledging it.

1 Like

What a poor choice of airports for this update.

Faro - Already done by TropicalSim
A Coruña - Already done by TDM Scenery Design
Andorra - SIMULTECH SAGL
Pico - the only one not done

2 Likes

As stated earlier, keep this thread on topic and focussed solely on the World Update and it’s content if you want to continue participating in this thread.

1 Like

I actually appreciate these airports.

1. I haven’t been buying that many airports lately and probably will drastically cut back on buying airports in the future. I have about 30-40 that I bought and that’s pretty good as they cover most of the ones I really wanted.

2. I remember I bought Atlanta before World Update 2: USA
 The included Atlanta was way better than the 3rd party one I bought. Needless to say, the 3rd party one went away in favour of Microsoft one. So who is to say these ones won’t be better than the third party ones?

3. Just because the airports have been done by 3rd parties isn’t a reason to not include them. Everyone won’t have all major airports in all the areas of the world they will do updates in. I appreciate the airports we get in these updates - they cover a lot and the world is already beautiful - they keep improving it and it gives me less reasons to blow so much money on scenery and instead spend it on planes! :wink:

4 Likes

Even if the third party airport is better than the proposed MS handcrafted one, having an improved default one for people that do not fly the area enough to warrant 3rd part airports is a good thing.

2 Likes

Really I doubt La Coruña Msfs WU8 would be better than TDM one, but anyway
 lets see tomorrow.
Oh my god i forgot unninstall TDM La Coruña !

Maybe that’s exactly the reason why they don’t do the popular airports? So that third party developers can make money from their products

2 Likes

Wow
 Iberia
 I just want the mixture on the Baron to actually work. Or is that too much of an ask?

That would be for a Sim Update.

All, the official discussion topic for World Update VIII: Iberia (1.24.5.0) is now open. So I am closing this.

The update will be available at 0900Z, or in about four hours from now if you are reading this in real time. The version number will be 1.24.5.0, for anyone needing to log bugs after the build becomes available.