World Update without photogrammetry and hand-made POI?

Hi,

I don’t have a very good internet connection and I prefer to play without photogrammetry cities because otherwise it looks ugly. However, I’m not familiar with World Updates, but do they have 3D hand-made POI or most of the new buildings or POI are photogrammetry data only?

For example, the Parliament in Ottawa, Canada, originally it just looks like a normal building which doesn’t make sense. I tried photogrammetry, but it just looked like an ugly mess, roads where a bit weird too. So I’m wondering if the World Update Canada comes with a 3D model of the Parliament or not?

Like are the World Updates worth it if you aren’t using photogrammetry cities? Maybe for the new satellite imagery or elevation data?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello there,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to the World subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

Ok seems like you can install everything individually.

Canada was given a World Update with Photogrammetry for WU 11 (WU XI), Sept 2022, but was a bit of a disaster, as the photogrammetry was … post-apocalyptic for many iconic landmarks, and cities as a whole.

The devs had to hire a different firm to re-do it all, and is now due “Oct/Nov”.

You can choose individual aspects of world updates to install or uninstall (even on Xbox).

Also, I think that the next version of MSFS 2024 will change some of how this works, with more processing being done in the cloud - although I’m not sure if that will then mean more data streaming, or less.

1 Like