World's Busiest Routes Tour

I found this video on YT and thought hey why don’t I do a tour of each of those routes.

I have taken a hiatus from airliners so I plan to use either the CJ4, TBM 930 or King Air 350i. I will be flying both directions of each route. I expect since these are the busiest routes that I should be able to find several Live Traffic flights in progress.

Let’s see if we find anything interesting.

Streaming will be on my new Twitch Channel: Twitch

Updated source of busiest routes: World's Busiest Airline Routes (Domestic + International) — July '21 Edition

1 Like

Route: WIII - Soekarno-Hatta Intl (Indonesia) to WARR - Juanda (Indonesia).

Leg 1
I am leaving around 14:14 local time. Weather was rather clear. I had some live traffic leaving out. I was able to find all of them on Flight Aware.

Flanked by the Indonesian peaks. Coming up on Semarang city.

Final into Juanda.

Very quiet here. Not a single other flight around.

Now for the turn around.

1 Like

Route: WARR - Juanda (Indonesia) to WIII - Soekarno-Hatta Intl (Indonesia)

My random departure time generator scheduled this flight for 00:37. So I guess we are doing a red eye for the return.

Departing

Final approach into Jakarta. The radar said there were a couple aircraft in range but I did not see their labels.

Not a bad series of legs.

Route: RJTT - Tokyo (Haneda) Intl (Japan) to ROAH - Naha (Japan)

I got a departure slot time of 12:43 local time. Nice! Although the weather was not that nice.

No Live Traffic flights. Of course it is a 12 hour difference to my local time at the moment of the flight.

Starting up with Tokyo city skyline in front of me.

Coming through the fog, haze or mess whatever you want to call it.

Descending into Naha.

Final Appraoch

Deserted airport.

Also, I found a more updated list of busiest routes that also included some by region.

Route: ROAH - Naha (Japan) to RJTT - Tokyo (Haneda) Intl (Japan)
Distance: 839
Departure Time: 14:32
Payload: 5pax/1001lbs

This is the return trip. I included a few more details of the flight to make it more interesting.

Departure out of Naha.

Looks like the sun will be setting on us before we arrive into Tokyo.

The arrival and approach route into Tokyo is a bit long. All around the bay. So far not much traffic in Tokyo.

Final into Rwy 16L.

The city of Tokyo at night.

While shutting down an All Nippon flight to Germany popped-up.

Route completed.

Route : WMKK - Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to WSSS - Changi (Singapore)
Distance : 185
Departure Local Time : 11:15
Payload : 1pax/409lbs

This is the first leg for this route. Airport was a bit quite during startup but came a little alive as Iwas departing.

I was able to catch a flight on the same route coming back from Singapore. TGW466 which is a Scoot Airline flight.

An even better sighting was finding flight SIA125 on the same route as I to Singapore.

As I followed him he may have also been flying the exact same arrival (STAR). However, it looked like it was landing North whereas I as configured for a South facing landing. As a result it made it in before me.

Then another flight (SIA965) on the same route flew overhead. Looks like he was flying a missed approach.

Made it down safely after taking a bit to find my parking spot.

Now for the turn around.

Route : WSSS - Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to WMKK - Changi (Singapore)
Distance : 185
Departure Local Time : 19:27
Payload : 4pax/145lbs

There was no traffic on the way out likely because of the departure time. Don’t be fooled by the bright skies. That was a lightening strike brightening things up. It was very much pitch dark.

Long final into Kuala Lumpur.

This route is completed. I enjoyed this one.