Worse performance, fps lower SiM update7

So I did some testing yesterday…

So at KSEA, KLAX and KJFK sitting on the runway waiting for takeoff my frames are over 30FPS, panning is smooth and my GPU is 85%+. The moment I take off my frames drop to half because my GPU drops below 50%.

What’s more puzzling is I tried LHR and CDG and I didn’t get the same GPU drops except for a brief drop at CDG after take off which means there’s something happening at the hand built airports or photogrammetry that is causing frames drop and the GPU to drop by half.

go vote on the bug thread: Worse Performance - SU7 - FPS

Because change are the only thing that’s constant in life. Change always happens, there’s always new things coming up, and there are always changes to the way we use to do things. The sooner that we accept that change will always happen, the sooner we can be adaptable to the ever-changing environment.

1 Like

I had a significant drop in fps after update 7, 30 fps down to 10 fps. For me changing display mode from “windowed” to “full screen” solved the problem.

What kind of problem ? (We cannot speak in french :grin:)
Pour poster, il suffit de cliquer sur + Topic en première page de forum.

Sorry, but on a midrange PC, no drops at all, even slightly better… with a ton of addons…
I wonder if it’s not linked to Windows 11, I noticed a lot of people suffering of lower FPS are using Windows 11 :thinking:

Id accept the change if i got what i spent my $180 on. Imagine buying a car and the dealership goes, its change you have to accept change, its the only thing in life thats certain, you drive your car it gets dirty and damaged, to bad for you for driving it, accept the change of your now ■■■■ car…

I dont remember which thread this was mentioned, but i thought i should tell you. I read that disabling “Lens Correction” in graphic settings fixes the alignment issue with clickspots.

I launched MSFS to try this work-around, it worked like a charm. My click-spots are back as normal. Drove me insane … But now it´s back. :smiley:

Not even that, i got a lot of FPS (performance) back that for some reason got lost in this SU7 update. If you have the mentioned issues with click-spots and performance. Try disabling Lens Correction and see if that helps you out.

Happy flying!

Change is fine, Its the explosive drastic bombs on my computer that this program generates, because plan, and execution, were left off at its birth! That, tends to cause people to have shell shock, and PTSD that makes us cringe in horror when a new update comes out. I also have a flare up of stupidity with that, which always leads me here to look for an answer that works, and not a philosophy. Solution is not an illusion. You can sometimes find one in the forum but not here. This is just advice.

I was using Nvidia 496.84 beta driver Reinstalled 496.76 driver and most of my stutters are gone again. back to 30fps.

1 Like

Disk optimization happens on all SSD. It’s a form of garbage collection and other stuff that happens in the background within the SSD especially after a large amount of writes (and deletes) which is typical during a 30gb + install (actually you will find possibly more than double that is actually written as compressed files are first downloaded then unpacked)

All these writes have to eventually be garbage collected (especially after a trim). In top of that the high number of writes during and shortly after install as caches are recreated etc can cause the SSD to significantly heat up, and cause throttling
All these can cause stuttering. I certainly observed that on my system, with temps going crazy for a while and background optimization taking up to an hour after install.

It did settle down thigh and became pretty smooth.

1 Like

This is like the exact opposite of my problem. I have low fps and gpu usage on the ground. Once I’m airborne…usage and fps both basically double. Was NOT like this prior to su7. However…turning AI Traffic OFF, fixes it to a degree and both numbers shoot way up…but still not to where they were in su6.

1 Like

I really need help, I’m new to flight simulator 2020 and a week ago I bought 110 € of DLC on the game half bug the plane turns in circles impossible to take off …

(6 planes and one helicopter) on the other hand but other planes (20 no problems and working correctly)

I posted the video on my youtube channel so that you would better understand the problems.

**** thin i can’t include links for video

Have you reported to Zendesk? Do you use any peripherals that may be causing an input?

I use the Hotas warthog or the mouse keyboard this only happens on certain vehicles.

Aero Vodochody L-39

Bell 47G

Edgley EA-7 Optica

I put the video in public on my youtube channel WeshLewiss I made a playlist "Bug Flight Simulator 2020

My graphic settings got bumped up to ultra and LOD of 400. Set these back down to what I had previous and was smooth enough to fly in VR how it was pre SU7. Only that I can’t fly anymore because of the toolbar and Hotas now being useless…

I took a look…
Congratulations ! It seems that you enter unrecoverable spins ! :grin:
Plus sérieusement, we lack data about your flights…
Can you take a video with HUD visible ?
We need information about speed, attitude, altitude, etc …
What is your experience about flight sim and piloting, in general ?

1 Like

The game runs smoother for me. A few more CTD but overall a much better experience

I’m really a novice, I try to invest myself as much as possible, the problem is that with it’s buggy planes I can’t even take off …

when I start to accelerate for takeoff the tail of the plane hits the sole as if it wanted to do a loop then it loses control from left to right.

when i spawn in mid-flight to see if the plane bugs it goes into a hellish spiral. this only happens with certain planes … (the ones I filmed in video)

the other planes no problems the flights went perfectly well.

thank you for trying to solve my problem it’s really very nice :slight_smile:

Sounds like controller settings, would be my guess. Try to recalibrate