WU6 is awesome for me so far, anyone happy like me?

Yes, it’s mentioned in the release notes.

1 Like

Have you installed the world update in the marketplace? You should also check you content manager for any updates.

This is how it looks when you have everything installed.

1 Like

Have you seen slight stutters while taxiing on airports with the fbw a320?

The new slider is great. Performance has improved for sure. By performance, I mean stutters. I target 30fps and am able to get really good smooth performance now with REDUCED (not gone) pop-ins and better LOD.

Rest of the World update I could care less about… just bug fixing & stability are my primary concerns atm.

Yep, super pleased here. Congratulations Asobo!

My only gripe from SU5 was the pop in and the new toggle fixes that problem totally. Now I have the beautiful performance boost from SU5 with no drawbacks.

The additional scenery is great and the smaller download size for the update was a nice surprise.

Now I just need a nice, powerful GPU so I can drive my screen resolution at ultra and I’ll be great :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Very happy with the update but to be honest it was running fine before apart from the obvious pop in, now that has gone it’s absolutely fantastic and it’s nice to see a positive thread for once instead of scrolling through a million and one threads saying how bad everything is and woe is me posts :+1:

3 Likes

I didn’t realize the distinction between the XBox Game Bar and the XBox app. Once I opened the XBox app and closed it again, the update appeared in the Store and I was able to install it. Strange path, but it worked.

People like you are the problem whether or not you ever figure it out but go ahead and keep patting yourselves on the back for celebrating mediocrity.

So far I am pleased with the update, two of the bugs that were most annoying for me got fixed. That was the ATC alltitude bug and also the floating roofs at airports. Unfortunately the circle back to last waypoint bug when selecting a new approach in flight seems not fixed yet.

I personally am happy with WU6. None of the things that did not get fixed or where broke by it effect me.

The pop-in was a major immersion killer for me. I fly a lot of VFR using Track IR. The constant re-rendering of objects was very distracting.

WU6 with “Offscreen terrain pre caching” set to Ultra now behaves how it did before SU5.

My default render scaling was already set at 100 and I use 3rd party ATC.

It’s pretty ridiculous that something like the night lighting bug got through. At least on PC there is a work around. Xbox players are stuck until a hotfix or SU6.

I’m hoping now there there are not any arbitrary deadlines set like the XBox launch that SU6 will only include fixes and not create new major bugs.

Hi,
EGCC is my ‘home’ airport and I do all my testing in and out of there.
But I have never been confronted with an ‘empty’ airport vis-à-vis your depiction.
Apart from the ‘shack’ on the apron that has finally been edited out, I always get a whole
airport complete with 2x control towers and all the building infrastructure.

Hope you get it sorted.

I agree. It’s really nice. Having a blast!

I don’t know what you’ve tried so far for me, i had to delete the addons in the manager. You dont loose them they remain just non functional. Then i went to the windows update. I noticed a non urgent download sitting there so i loaded it. It sees it connects my computer to the microsoft store, then everything started to work right so i reloaded the addons and all worked. Your issues sounds like a windows file issue not msfs issue. Good luck…

Yes, definitely enjoying WU6! I’m with you.

No CTD yet for me - unlike S5 - impressive. I know it is not a fix for all but an improvement they are working on.

I have noticed that slight stutter landing the FBW A320 at KSEA.

Just set Render Scale to 100 (known bug) and that will fix the street lights.

what do you think
did we got the good graphics back from WU4 ?

I had them all out before doing the update. I reloaded them one at a time and had no initial issues, then had multiple CTD’s. So I started taking them out one at a time, starting with the one I could most live without So far it appears the first one I took out, which was the push back app from the group called ambitious pilots may have been the problem as it has concluded two trips of over an hour each with no problems. I guess it’s back to the old FS push back routine for a while. We’ll see what happens after I get home from stress relief, I mean the golf course, tomorrow.

I have to say hanging about in these forums, you do get the impression that WU6 is a disaster. I just gave the Swiss discovery tour a go tonight and wow. Super impressive scenery at 4k on Xbox X on my 48" oled. It’s really quite stunning, some minor scenery popping issues aside.
I think it’s only going down badly on here because of 1. The new night lighting bug that has come about, and 2. CTDs / black displays haven’t been fixed on xbox for some users doing long flights. Maybe SU6 will be key for most people here now as platform specific bugs are becoming higher profile.
The latest scenery update for Switzerland is quite amazing though. Credit where credit is due.

3 Likes