X Box Series X with Thrustmaster Hotas ONE Sensitivity Settings DO NOT STAY SAVED

for me the device has taken care of itself. there is no good support.

They are the only game in town if you play on an XBox. Thrustmaster, you have lost my trust. Iā€™ll look for any substitute when one comes out. I do appreciate that the key mappings were fixed but reallyā€¦ you canā€™t figure out how to save the sensitivity settings?

Later edit: OK I do see that itā€™s an Asobo issue but Thrustmaster is a partner in this and should assure that their product is properly represented.

1 Like

Itā€™s Asobo not Thrustmasterā€¦LOL

I had a great doubt: browsing this topic, I donā€™t see a mention of a Zendesk ticket, and wondering if someone had really open one for this issue :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
So, Iā€™ve done. Now we are sure that is issue has been reported to the dev team :wink:.

:ticket: Zendesk ticket : #131014

And donā€™t forget to VOTE for this issue (at the top of the topic). We have only 50 votes, but itā€™s certain that it impacted many more people.

4 Likes

I already think that this is being read and that the problem is known Asobo. You canā€™t be that stupid. I personally fly with a gamepad again. thatā€™s done for me.
Right of return used.

Good idea. But if you want people to vote you should provide a link as just mentioning the Zendesk ticket number isnā€™t really helpful. I donā€™t know what to do with that, but Iā€™ll Google it and see where that leads.

Update - I tried to find it to vote, but I gave up.

Can you tell me how I vote for : Zendesk ticket : #131014

1 Like

Hi,
You canā€™t vote on a Zendesk ticket (and you cannot access it, unless youā€™re the author).
But, you can vote for the topic in the forum. Simply click on hte ā€œvoteā€ button located at the top of the topic:

So our hopes werenā€™t enough :joy:
Iā€™ve already accepted flying with the joypad for some more time and maybe waiting for the new hardware due to be launchedā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve assumed third parties, like Thrustmaster, or other content providers are responsible for integrating their products.

Asobo have stated on multiple live streams that they have a daily catchup where they triage tickets from ZenDesk, and that the priority assigned to resolving an issue is based on the impact and number of people reporting.

As such, if all of us report this individually via Zendesk, then potentially this may rise up the priority list somewhat (or at least get acknowledged within list of known issues.)

I have personally raised a ticket around 2 months agoā€¦ canā€™t quite work out why the issue is not at least acknowledged by Asoboā€¦ even if itā€™s not a top priority issue for themā€¦

Asoboā€¦ ignoring customers does not inspire confidence. Some of us understand that some issues are lower priority, and may take a while to sortā€¦ but reallyā€¦ some acknowledgement at least would be appreciatedā€¦

3 Likes

I have lost all interest. I have moved on to another game. Not playing until they fix it. No excuse for this at all.

4 Likes

Well said!! This thread has existed since launchā€¦ Theyā€™ve completely ignored their customers and worse than thatā€¦ They lied about the support. Paying customers purchased the Hotas One/MSFS in good faith. Absolutely disgusting and vile practices that only get fixed when they get bad publicity.
This couldā€™ve been hot-fixed so long agoā€¦ EA level contempt for MS/Thrustmaster now.

5 Likes

This is so frustrating! If you look at the known issues the only mention of the Thrustmaster is that the mappings on the control screen does not match the labeling of the buttons. Butā€¦ that is no longer an issue. It is not current as it was fixed in the last update. The failure to save sensitivity settings is not mentioned.

Perhaps we need to ā€œvoteā€ on this issue more directly. I contacted Thrustmaster about this and their response is that it is not their responsibility but Asobo.

Thank you for your inquiry and for contacting our Thrustmaster support!

We are sorry to hear that you had to report difficulties using your device on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

We inform you that the problem you encounter is directly related to the game, our device is not responsible for the issue you encounter.

For questions directly related to a game we advise you to contact the game studio directly.

Our Thrustmaster team wishes you a pleasant day and remain at your disposal for any further information about our products!

Best regards,

Robinson, your Thrustmaster agent.

I know using all caps is rude but WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

My response emailā€¦

Thank you for responding. It was not clear to me who was responsible. It is your product being represented on MSFS and currently is the only product that works on the XBOX, so you get sales of this device and your company should do everything it can to make sure it is properly represented to itā€™s customers. This issue is not even mentioned in the current issues document.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-update-2021-10-25-

If you take a look in the forums you will see that the Thrustmaster name is taking a hit.

Your company may not be directly in control of the outcome but I think you need be pressing Asobo to fix it!

Again, thanks for at least responding.

Robert

I did get a response to that. Not sure if it will make a difference but perhaps in the next releaseā€¦ or the next one after that?

Thank you for your feedback,

We thank you for this valuable information, we will inform this issue to our team who is dealing with the integration of our controllers with the different game developers.

Our Thrustmaster team wishes you a pleasant day and remain at your disposal for any further information about our products!

Best regards,

Robinson, your Thrustmaster agent.

3 Likes

Great thank you for doing this! Making a lot of noise is the only way we will get this fixed it seems.

Asobo really ought to do what they can to resolve this but it must also be realised that both Microsoft and Thrustmaster also share a degree of the blame here.

Microsoft demand that Xbox peripherals have some sort of license chip which means that there is less choice. You canā€™t just plug in a VKB Gkadiator NXT or a Virpil Alpha.

Thrustmaster share some blame because the Hotas One really is one of the worst products on the market and they havenā€™t exactly stepped up to the mark to license their better products for the Xbox.

This thread is specifically about loss of sensitivity settings. Why are you all needing to change those settings? Are the axes just so janky in the first place?
Iā€™m running Virpil kit throughout on PC and Iā€™ve never felt the need to adjust sensitivity at all. In any sim. The axes are all very precise and do exactly what I want already.

1 Like

Some axes are very twitchy. Rudder springs to mind for me (I donā€™t have separate rudder pedals). I have my Hotas One running with FS on both PC and XBox and sensitivity settings are nicely saved on PC, so much so I forget about them. The XBox you either change sensitivity every time you go in to FS (I never remember) or live with overly sensitive controls like rudder. This issue is now long overdue a fix. XBox needs itā€™s own bug list just like VR does so XBox problems and issues can be prioritised accordingly.

7 Likes

Like many here, I learned to use MSFS through YouTube videos and I canā€™t think any getting started videos that did not suggest adjusting sensitivities. On the XBOX if the sim starts up with ā€œQuick Resumeā€ then the settings are preserved otherwise the controls are way over sensitive and need to be adjusted again. Perhaps the Virpil is just fine with the defaults but the Thrustmaster is not. The sim has the interface for adjusting sensitivities for a reason, so why not implement it properly?

2 Likes

Hi there!

ā€œNewā€ to MSFS on XBox but as Iā€™m as old as the primary software, I have been playing this game since it allows you to fly a cross which you can land between 2 parallel linesā€¦
I couldnā€™t resist to have a try an d see if an all in solution (console platform) could do the job and provide THAT immersive experience we are looking for since 1977ā€¦
So Iā€™ve investedā€¦
Bought minimum requirements meaning,ā€¦, I needed a new XBox so I grabbed the S (even bought MSFS game on cd which was obviously not clever at allā€¦! :rofl:)
Iā€™ve ordered Hotas One after 2 days discovering MSFS world but without rudderā€¦ To have a tryā€¦
Got some hard times to have some nice flights between the crashes but still, I was aware about the ā€œminimum setupā€ Iā€™ve chosen to check it all outā€¦
I wanted to have some native tutorial for the A32N because, YES we do get most tutorials on Youtube, but I wondered if there was more to learn to have more accurate flights so I bought Jetliner on FS Academyā€¦ Wellā€¦ Itā€™s quiet fun thoā€¦ But it isnā€™t really worth the priceā€¦ All ā€œmissionsā€ are not showing under training but bush trips and are not even climbing above 0% success which makes it look like a mini game inside the gameā€¦
GREAT! Now that I was gone through FS Academy Jetliner and got my degrees,ā€¦, I wanted to Fly another aircraft which as an XBox customer I assumed I had to buy in the only in game market and was interested in the 777 from Captain Sim which looked like the most ā€œreliableā€ partner for aircrafts during the years of MSFSā€¦
But which oneā€¦? 777-200er, 300, cargoā€¦?
It appeared at the first look that the 200er had liveries within the 30ā‚¬ because listed in the detailsā€¦ I wanted the Emirates skin as I flew a lot to Dubai in the time so I almost bought itā€¦
I wanted to challenge the market and see if the 300ER was the exact same item, 10ā‚¬ cheaper and first, if it had the liveriesā€¦ And IT DOES! So, for those who were still wondering if the 777-200ER is or not a freaking scam,ā€¦, YES IT IS!
But still,ā€¦, even the 300ER wasnā€™t worth at all as it is just literally a stupid re-skinned 747-8i which brings nothing at all to the sim so farā€¦ Still flying the A32N for peace of gamingā€¦!
Now this morning,ā€¦, as Iā€™m awaiting my thrustmaster rudder pedals to be delivered tomorrow, I noticed that my sensivity settings I had saved 2 weeks ago had disappearedā€¦! I tried to re-save them but nothing helped (Great experience in bug fixing and diverse crashes so farā€¦!)
I finally found THIS topicā€¦ And you guysā€¦ Struggling for months and hoping for things to be fixedā€¦
Well,ā€¦, I came to this conclusion these last daysā€¦ Console platforms are not ready yet to offer a plug and play Sim experience due to itā€™s physical limitations and compatibility restrictions. Even if you have enough money to get yourself the best hardwares, gears and softwares, youā€™ll ALWAYS depend on any very awaited updates for which the community will never be able to fix anything on their ownā€¦ YOU NEED PATIENCE FIRST!
Iā€™m going to Pc for MSFS (and DCS btwā€¦!)
Hopefully,ā€¦, next update,ā€¦, 15 days to go!!!

Does anyone want to place bets on this getting resolved in the next update? Iā€™m cautiously hopeful but thinking that, rather than wait (forever) for a chance to get an x-series box, it may be time to get a PC. There are many more options, content, many add-on utilities, etc. Seems silly to have to buy a PC as a dedicated gamer console.

2 Likes