XBox controller mappings image keeps appearing on loading screen

This is on PC, without an XBox controller.
For some reason I keep getting the mappings image on my loading screen.

There was a previous post about it 6 months ago Why do I see the xbox controller during loading a flight (on PC, without an xbox controller)

But it looks like it’s started happening again.

The previous post suggests changing the cockpit interaction legacy setting to get rid of it; I tried that and it did actually get rid of the xbox for one single loading flight and I was kind of cheering. Then the next flight it came back again :angry: Now regardless of the cockpit interaction setting I see the xbox controller settings image.

Nothing against people who like to use a controller, but it’s kind of immersion breaking for me to see a controller that doesn’t match my stick when I’m trying to remember my own bindings.

Sure I can close my eyes for 60 seconds or something, but I reckon the fix would be pretty easy.

Is this an issue for everyone? Or are some able to load without seeing the xbox controller?

I was the OP of the linked thread. It seems to be a weird one. As in the thread stated non of the provided solutions worked. However with the WU7 it disappeared. Without any interaction from my side. For me it works as intended since: I do not see the controller mapping any more. Just the pretty pictures and these annoying „tips“ … it would make more sense to display the location and name of the shown region instead …

1 Like

Thanks. Maybe they fixed it in a patch on existing installs.
Mine is a fresh install from clean so it could be something affecting clean installs only.
Hope it gets fixed in the next update

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.