XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT

I haven’t seen or heard of this issue. Any other games do this?

Thanks for the reply. I wondered that as well but I’ve since had the same experience when using just the weather presets. I’ve also tried turning traffic off and that doesn’t really help. It’s not a massive deal breaker as there are ways to get the performance ‘unstuck’ - for example by using the ‘travel to’ function. I’m sure it will be sorted.

1 Like

I have not experienced this. You could try deleting your rolling cache to see if it helps. Also check if you have everything updated via the Content Manager.

1 Like

I have discovered an issue where taking screenshots on my XBox X causes plane controls to go into a death spiral. Happens quite a lot with or without Flight Assistant being enabled. I’ve lost count of the number of journeys now where I go ‘wow’ looking at the scenery, take a screengrab (external view) with XBOX key +[Y] which always works, but about 30-40% of the time the plane (and I’ve tried it with a few) will then go into a sudden loss of control/death spiral. If I’m at enough altitude I can sometimes grab the stick pull back hard and recover, but more often that not the plane crashes into ground after some stall warnings. It’s very frustrating from straight and level flight to crash just by taking screen grab. It’s also putting me off taking screen grabs! Needs fixing. Would be good if others could confirm.
I have the Hotas One plugged in but it doesn’t seem to make a difference which controller I use to take the screen grab with. Same outcome.
EDIT: Seems to just be an issue when HOTAS One and controller are both active. Can’t reproduce this when I completely unplug the HOTAS One and just fly with the controller.

1 Like

Just to let you know the Aviat Husky A-1C works great on Series X (minor performance issues could do with being fixed) and is also great fun to fly. Good Job Asobo! :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if its even possible in the sim but it would be nice if rivers and waterfalls had flowing water.
It was pretty jarring to fly to Niagara Falls and see that they were just a static image.

2 Likes

Agree totally on the London photogrammetry. Things like the walkie talkie and especially the gherkin are not loading in any meaningful detail until the very last second. Up to that point they look like flat shaded plastic toys (and this is with rolling cache off and 150mbps Ethernet connection).

Infact, that’s what I wanted ti check with others … this is a common fault with other places, vegas for example doesn’t show any realistic lighting at night until flying metres away from the asset and the night lighting then goes off just as you fly past. Love the port and waited since announcement to get this on Xbox but these little niggles are frustrating!

1 Like

They’ve made a bit of a rod for their own back with the way sold the visuals (which are stunning in places)
Certain areas definitely don’t load in properly. These are relatively small details in the grand scheme of things but it was them that decided that the visual aspect was the selling point

4 Likes

They have announced some LOD Fix for PC upcoming in World Update 6 but the pop-in is absolutely horrendous on Xbox (at times) and I’m also not sure whether rolling cache is working correctly. I agree London is particularly bad when streaming in data.

We have no idea whether they will see some of the issues in here but it is important they are made aware of this specific topic, in my opinion.

Tried a few flights in the Baron 58 and found the prop levers can’t be moved together with mouse or controller. They can be moved together with keyboard Ctrl+F2 and Ctrl+F3, but the right lever moves faster than the left so they’re STILL out of sync!

Still having an issue with rudder controls being uncontrollable whilst taxiing, usually takes a reset to solve but doesn’t take long before it crops up again.

1 Like

Made some updates to the original topic. Will try and compile a list as best we can.

The only dip I had was once when I turned on the AI Pilot - cue frame-drops - which disappeared when I turned off the AI Pilot.

All in all, a fantastic port.

I’ve been having an issue with my Hotas sensitivity settings. I’ll adjust them save them to the specific Hotas profile, however if I restart the SIM it reverts back to default. Is this a known issue with Hotas? Also, the please expedite your climb is getting a little old lol :joy:.
Thanks in advance!
Texan

1 Like

Yeah the ‘please expedite your climb’ bug is annoying as hell. I’m flying at the level required😞

3 Likes

Indeed. Hopefully they will fix it.

The issue has been reported elsewhere, so hopefully it will get picked up.

I’m definitely seeing some variable performance on Xbox Series X on descents and approaches to airports.

If I’m doing a full flight and descend from cruise altitude, things start to get a bit choppy with a few minor stutters and hitches as I descent and particularly on approach to the airport.

However, if I load straight into an approach - either from selecting the destination airport on the world map and loading in around 8 miles out (or wherever the sim places me) or using the ‘travel to final’ function during a full flight, things are much smoother - even at big and busy airports.

Have any Xbox users noticed anything similar?

There’s definitely some stutter depending on what area you are in. It’s hard to predict it really. It’s not something I’ve been overly concerned with yet, more annoying is when some textures don’t seem to load in properly, again this is quite specific to less built up areas and when flying over mountains.
The live weather bug is the single biggest issue for me at the moment. I see they have announced this is getting fixed on the pc, I hope that includes us on the Xbox as well

1 Like

Lots of good suggestions in here. The only thing I feel I’m really missing right now is seeing AI aicraft. They are there - but the lights not working is making skies feel rather empty.

Hopefully the volumetric lighting fix will sort that out.

I have noticed that cursor mode in some cockpit zoom/screens doesn’t disable the yoke from the left controller stick. I think that must be an oversight. Didn’t realise at first and ended up crashing in AP while tinkering with the G1000.

Edit: Oh and the OBS knob on the Pipistrel Virus doesn’t seem to work. Actually much of the plane’s avionics lag behind the G1000 in other planes. Shame as it’s one of my favourite planes in the game - since the PC version came out I’ve kinda treated it like the plane I own.