Xbox has a plane...Kodiak!

I had more CTD as well. Is it related to the mystery update or this aircraft?
I starting to think that the update might have included a patch for Garmins. I had a weird thing where at night my Garmin screens were black but after crash they now work.
After the initial CTD my second attempt was without issues and a very good, smooth flight with everything working as expected.

1 Like

Most of my CTD were on tarmac or taxi before take off. I wonder if uninstalling the Garmin NXI would have any positive results? I might try that on Monday (I will have no chance before then)

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the reply. I now taxi with my prop at 30%. This plane really pulls but itā€™s great!

It is sounding like this might be a wait and see where this goes before purchasing?

Iā€™m having a bit of a difficult time parsing the information here.

ā€¢ CTDs
ā€¢ G1000 issues

In both cases these issues are inconsistent? How frequent are they?

2 Likes

I would say you can purchase it as it will get fixed soon for sure. What I have seen and felt so far this is a must have.

Nxi could be a reason thx for the tip I uninstall it and test.

Letā€™s put it this way: 2 out of 10 attempts I can fly the rest are CTD in loading screen right before flight

g1000 (nxi) worked fine in all 3 flights i did aside from not switching to map topo from map rel at the beginning

ctds i had some during pre flight loading screen though hard to find a culprit in my sim miserable state

i did uninstall it and then installed the kodiak again (just in case) did a flight and no issues or ctds

Iā€™d suggest a purchase, the plane is awesome

1 Like

We are talking about the Marketplace, no? Fixes donā€™t seem to come quickly by any measure, thus far.

Appreciate the optimism, though!

Are we talking about fixes for CTD or G1000 issues? Looks like an amazing plane but Iā€™ve already had more CTDs than normal this past week so sounds like either due to the size/complexity of the plane this is more prone to CTD (not Simworks fault, Iā€™m sure itā€™s more stability in MSFS). If thatā€™s the case not sure there will be a quick fix. I am holding off a bit for now. I do have the Simworks CH701 on xbox and itā€™s great fun (never had a single CTD in it) and certainly one of the top developers for sure.

Hmmm I want to purchase this bird but I really donā€™t want to deal with any ctdā€™s. I havenā€™t had a single one since su8 (knock on wood)

Yeah, thatā€™s the issue , they are not consistent at all which makes it harder to discern what the issue is. Since we still have no idea what the recent ā€œupdateā€ did to Xbox /Sim itā€™s all just a guessing game but, these issues have been more frequent since that mystery patch and itā€™s likely the culprit and not the plane, especially since others have been having similar issues with other aircraft.

Bottom line, we need an answer to the mystery update.

4 Likes

It really is a nice plane but you will most likely have some CTD, reasons unknown

1 Like

Iā€™m turning blue holding my breath.

Yeah, I donā€™t think any of us understand the silence

1 Like

Had many crashes as well! Especially in Zurich LSZH. (Original Airport)

Not wanting to disrespect the Kodiak but what is so special about her? The better Garmin is available in other planes, the airframe is similar to the Caravan. I fail to see why this plane is so highly recommended. Does it model engine damage or does is retain aircraft state over flights with required refilling of oil etc. (A2A Style)? What is so special about a Kodiak besides a bit of visual flair and gimmicks like modelled cargo.

Even the official page claims systems modeling but only mentions the air con (the Garmin functionality is not coming from the Kodiak). I just try to understand why this plane is touted as the best thing since sliced bread and what I am missing. After all its not directly a bargain.

5 Likes

Nice to see this come to Xbox. Question though, What is the big difference between the Kodiak and the C208. I used to fly the 208 quite a bit and liked it but havenā€™t flown it in awhile, just curious, they seem to be very close to the same thing. Thanks!

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s the best thing since sliced bread :bread: that is really hard to beat :joy:
I will say it just offers more features to her and adds that little bit of extra realism if you are into that. The aircraft also seems to be more detailed and better textures than say the stock Cessna with a similar build/body.
Itā€™s also nice to have passengers or cargo to haul around and not just an empty aircraft all the time.

Is it worth the money? Only you can decide that

4 Likes

Itā€™s just better all round, in my view. I realise thatā€™s relative to me only and is an intangible, but it just is. Better flight model, physics, detail, feel, it just is immeasurably better than the caravan, IMO.

3 Likes

better flight modeling, way more in depth system modeling, top quality interiors and exteriors

also more immersive with doors, windows that can be opened and with a neat skydiving livery that comes with a ready/go switch and the divers hatch

the 208 is a nice plane and flew it a lot though is very limited and when taxiing feels like a 747 (well maybe worse since on a 747 you can turn more tight than on the 208)

2 Likes

I agree , plus we have working drink holders. :beer: (Had to add ten characters)

3 Likes