Xbox has a plane...Kodiak!

Hello
i am recently using the kodiak on xbox s
splendid airplane
in the pfd the following advisory is always on:
engine inlet normal
what command should you use to remove it?
thank you

Ok I thought this was interesting from Simstudios site about known issues with the Kodiak.

ā€œ# Kodiak 100 - Known issues

SimWorks Studios

When trying to start a flight in the Kodiak, I crash to desktop.

The main reason for this is running MSFS in DirectX 12 mode. DX12 is an experimental, incomplete implementation and therefore it could crash for unknown reasons. We recommend not using DX12 with the Kodiak. Another potential reason are nVidiaā€™s latest drivers at the time of release. These have been known to cause crashes and FPS problems with MSFS in general, so we would recommend rolling back to the previous version.ā€œ

This could be the reason we are seeing some CTD on Xbox?

1 Like

just give it a wait and see what happens, no need to hurry.
remember devs cannot test at real xbox also, until now.
i wait it out a bit, great aircraft yes for sure.

Yea Iā€™ll put it in favorites make sure someone else tests it out on the 'box for a bit. This and the ā– ā– ā– ā–  Goose are the only things on my radar right now.

Would be funny if the passengers matched the assigned weights.

Excellent aircraft and design. Flies well with the existing mapping on my TB velocity. I had one CTD when selecting between different liveries but otherwise pretty flawless on my series S. Now I just need to read up on turboprops since Iā€™ve been pretty exclusively GA and map a reverse thrust in.

Great plane, but too much CDT for meā€¦

2 Likes

I see all these posts now about an update we may or may not have gotten, I donā€™t remember seeing it and Iā€™ve been on the game. Need to see if I have that ā€˜updatedā€™ mystery version, and will probably will do a few flights back and forth to the Bahamas for the 30th time in the Bonanza to see if I notice anything different? Just in case the CTDā€™s arenā€™t just a coincidence with this ā€˜patchā€™ with a well-known aircraft and route. May not even be the Kodiak at all?

Cant follow you. It flies wonderfulā€¦if it flies.

Hopefully Simworks can look into the CTD issues, Asobo too.

Hopefullyā€¦

1 Like

I do flight simulation since 30 and I can tell you there will always be things not working.

Itā€˜s a project over at least 10 years and expect many new features and a complete evolution of this simulation over the years. This has itā€˜s downsides. Accept it and donā€™t be surprised.

It is not a game.

Concerning the kodiak: I was able to fly a few flights today and I love it.

Informs yourself for example at ā€žinto the blue simulationsā€œ on YouTube. Watch his complete review and then decide if the plane is something for you. He is a real world Airbus pilot and he is for me the guy telling me if the plane is realistic and good concerning flight characteristics.

After that we have to accept there is something to be updated and then simply show some patience.

I am still to happy to have flightsim on Xbox I can live with those problems and be thankful.

If this is our biggest problem we can really be happy.,

I am off now to a trip with my 81year old dad. We will fly together over the clouds and dive down in some new place in this ā€žgameā€œ that has the whole world in it. Can you believe this ? Itā€™s wonderful

1 Like

Just a little observation:

I think the CTD frequency might be linked to specific liveries.

Thereā€™s one livery that seems to work ok albeit the g1000 topo sometimes doesnā€™t work.

But other liveries Iā€™ve tried result in CTD.

Sticking to the one livery Iā€™ve found that doesnā€™t CTD seems to work

This could make sense, as the changes in liveries on this aircraft are quite different with interiors etc

1 Like

Iā€™m just a systematic guy. People complaining about CTDā€™s on the Kodiak, where apparently some got a ā€˜mysteryā€™ update on xbox at essentially the same time it was released and may not have anything to do with the new plane(have to check my version # myself). Typically if you download a new aircraft, itā€™s rare you do anything for a while but play with that new plane. So I figure Iā€™ll do some very well known flights I had done before without adding anything else yet to see if something is wonky with the sim before thinking I downloaded a plane with ā€˜issuesā€™. I did notice yesterday my splash screen has stutters in the ā€˜push button to startā€™ mini scene videos(320 pushback rainy TBM etc).

3 Likes

So could be an initial loading issue? Will watch for this

i will screenshot the livery I have managed to get to work when i can.

Its one with tundra wheels / without cargo pod / with cargo interior. I know that

every other livery either CTD on load or loads then CTD after

1 Like

Well I also upgraded to a TV that has every HZ, resolution, and dolby whatever xbox can put out, a green checkbox royal flush. So not sure if I have too many boxes ticked eitherā€¦ I do know I do NOT have VRR on. Have to confirm version tonight. I do have automatic updates on and I get up to 750kbs down, so sometimes I donā€™t notice it either way.

does it work with every kodiak and with every livery? no one is sitting with me, so optically even though I have occupied the seats!

Does the PC version have any CTD issues? Hasnā€™t that been out since December? Maybe someone here has it on both.

Not that I have heard of. I will be buying it on PC soon, now that it is on the Marketplace and is cross compatible.

Well, 3 landings, 7 CTDs so far. Not exactly what I expected. Plane looks great.

Enjoyed my first flight with this beauty, from Fort Myers to Clearwater (South Florida). What a sound and performance this Kodiak!
I had just a CTD (better, to Xbox home) when sim was loading the flight, restarted and everything was fine and smooth.

4 Likes