Xbox msfs saved space for add ons límited to 16g! Bad news!

the 16 gb limitation on the saved data for MSFS on Xbox limits installation of add ons and and other marketplace downloads.

It is currently set fixed at 16gb.
I could not complete installing purchased airports from the marketplace. No matter what I did . Even un plugged the power from the xbox and restarted the sim over and over.

I went to the (manage game and add-ons) option on the Xbox main menu for msfs. The saved data says it’s 16 gb. It gives you an option to (clear reserved space) and warning that it will quit the game if the game is running.

When you click on it game resets and ALL YOUR ADD ONS WILL UNINSTALL !

EVERYTHING. INCLUDING WORLD UPDATES, AIRPORTS , SCENERY, AIRCRAFT , ETC…

Basically your add ONs for MSFS on Xbox are limited to 16 gb. And once this is taken up your cannot decompress and install any more add ONs of any kind.

And anything that’s is tied to the saved space and the 16 gb limit will create problems Due to limit.

If the photogrammetry and others are tied to this it might explain the poor performance on Xbox.

This needs to change to UNLIMITED GB for the saved data as an option to the user rather than just 16 gb fixed.

I purchased and downloaded the NA WU and two airports from the marketplace and my 16 gb were gone. !!!

I never even thought of using XBox for flight simming, but it seems every day I keep hearing more and more reasons for why it’s a terrible idea. I honestly don’t know why (assuming one has a PC and the means to run MSFS on it) anyone would ever do it on XBox with all these issues and limitations. From storage limits to availability of add-ons to only having Marketplace as the only source for plugins, to having no access to running utilities such as Navigraph stuff and Volanta.

3 Likes

i have addons (worldupdate, planes etc) with over 20GB and no issue on series X

6 Likes

If your saved data is at 16 gb? Then you might not have 20gb of data yet.

The game add ONS is limited to that by default.

I could not install additional add ONS until i cleared it and started downloading everything over again.

Also running series x :slight_smile:

Are you sure about that? I have installed all the WU and those alone are well over 16GB. I just checked the size of all my installed addons and they have a total of 29GB. I don’t think it is a general limitation of the Xbox, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to have all those addons on mine.

2 Likes

Because there is many people out there that don’t want to spend thousands of € on a Gaming PC that is cabable of running MSFS. I am one of them. I have had every version of MSFS since MSFS II on my Atari 1040st. I used to buy High End PCs exclusively for the Sim in the past. Now the situation is different, I have family and a work Laptop that suits all my PC needs except gaming. Spending thousands of the family budget on a PC was not an option. So it was Simming on Xbox or not at all. And to be honest, it is great. It is the first time in all those years with MSFS that I spend all my time flying and no time at all fighting with Config Files.

3 Likes

I call it aggressive negotiation. :wink:

1 Like

i dont know what are meaning with “savefile” but i have installed over 20gb from the marketplace (wordupdates, plane etc)

1 Like

To be fair, an Xbox Series X is far and away the best value option to get started with MSFS. The limitations will only begin to frustrate once you start to get serious with it.

1 Like

I have 6 add on planes, Multiple airports, all the world updates and I show 31gb data on my Series X. So… I’m guessing that 16gb theory isn’t true.

2 Likes

Also checked my SSD. I have this.

ah…ok… my savefile is about 30gb

1 Like

Closing this topic as a duplicate. Please use the other topic here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/xbox-msfs-saved-space-for-add-ons-limited-to-16g-big-problem/453838