Xbox Multiplayer can only see Generic Models

I bought the premium F14 and F15 pack for full price a week ago and I havent seen other players who fly them load properly at any point. I understand not having the files of all the freeware out there to render. but every premium aircraft should AT LEAST have a lower fidelity exterior model built into the game for other players to see you in. I kind of figured that was the point of buying premium versions from the market as most of them have freeware versions you can find on PC. Half of players flying the F18E and other default aircraft do the same thing so I think the game is just bugged. When they do sort it out, Premium stuff better render in for players who dont own them if they intend on making money.

1 Like

Hello, new here. Love the game, but yes, have the same issue. Was kinda looking forward to seeing other F16s or an F22 out there but they default to an airliner. Kinda disappointing.

1 Like

Xbox Series X.

I play multiplayer and always have airliners labeled F18E, F22, and Tomcat flying.
I have a B737, F-14, F-15, F-16, T-45C, MB-339, but always labeled only.

However, I did see an F-16 (Thunderbirds Livery) once.
At that time I was also flying with F-16(Thunderbirds Livery).
I have seen the F-16 label many times, but this is the first time I have seen the exact plane.

Did it show up because it was the same plane purchased on Marketplace and the same Livery?
I would like to know the conditions under which the exact model is displayed in Xbox multiplayer.

Thank you.
I use the translation.

Mine is doing this to. Even payware aircraft I have purchased are showing up as generic. I have tried a bunch of different settings but one work.

1 Like

I am seeing this issues. F-18s are showing as generic aircraft

1 Like

Iā€™m having my the exact same problems with my series S it drives me crazy when I see an a330 or and a380 when that is not the true model that that person is using. Like cmon Microsoft you would think they would have this kind of thing figured out by now. I know they are worried about storage and internet but could they compromise to something else I would really love to see this fixed some day.

5 Likes

I noticed that if you buy official liveries, you see them on other peopleā€™s planes but only the ones you own. Even in the airports I see the liveries I own on others planes.

3rd party liveries I do not see at all on other players planes.

So maybe it only displays first party and if you only own them.

1 Like

Can someone log this as a BUG please.This is a HUGE issue.

The only way I can see another plane thats not generic is if I am flying the same plane. If I see a person flying an f18, Pelican, or any plane I have then I will only see a generic airliner,. If I quickly switch and come back that same persons plane is now correctly visible. If im flying around 10 Pelicans but Iā€™m in a Cessna then all the Pelicans look like airliners until I jump in a Pelican.

Iā€™m using an Xbox Series X.

7 Likes

I have this issue on Xbox X too. Itā€™s quite frustrating.

I go on many group flights and I can usually see the other people in the same aircraft as me, and sometimes I can see other aircraft I own but not always. On one flight I could see the F35,P38 and Beech18 (I was in the beech18 as well) but the f14,f16 and spitfires were not showing despite owning all of the aircraft. Also, I had issues so needed to re spawn into the group flight and when I did,I could only see the other beech18s and f14s, all other planes were generic so the experience changed on respawning into the flight. Very odd.

2 Likes

In SU9, you used to sometimes get the other players showing as the correct type - usually if you were both in the same aircraft type, but occasionally also a couple of others but generally they were generic.

Since the official SU10 release all other player aircraft are generic models on Xbox. This really ruins the immersion.

5 Likes

I donā€™t understand, when it comes to default planes there shouldnā€™t be an issue, since we all have those planes. And for payware planes we do own, we should be able to see them in the world also, even if we are not currently flying them. Generic AI airliners should appear with liveries local to that region.

I even bought a few livery packs for the A320, 787 and 747 thinking that would help, but it didnā€™t. These still show up as the ugly yellow and orange generic planes.

1 Like

And it got worse and more ridiculous with the addition of the helicopters. Instead of seeing a helicopter you see a Cessna CJ4 hovering.

5 Likes

So I was playing today and at only Airports, I saw some non-generic planes parked for some of the new liveries I bought.

I bought the Southwest Airlines livery and saw some SW planes parked at the terminal. But I have not seen any in the air. Even if they have a SW call sign and are generic, the planes themselves are generic liveries.

1 Like

Yeah, this is frustrating. When playing online with friends I use my 737 Max, but they see a little Cessna insteadā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Iā€™m having the very same issue except ITS EVERY PLANE, that 747 over there, BAM Generic spotty A380 model Iā€™ve been trying to fix this myself however I canā€™t find any solutions Microsoft please look I to this.

2 Likes

The worst thing is that in previous SUs, at least some or the other default aircraft appeared correctly. The 747 normally appeared a lot for me but after SU11 it all turned to random generic chaos.

There are small airports that are showing an A380 when a small jet appears. Itā€™s so beautiful to see the A380 taking off from a 1300 meter runway that it makes you want to close the simulator.

2 Likes

Pls is there any way to fix this even if it is temporary cause I bought the sim a long time ago but becsaue of how frustrating it was to play I put it down and just recently picked it back up hoping most things would be patched, but Alas I get back and all I see are generic liveries with psuedo a380 and canā€™t even see other liveries from livery packs that I own

3 Likes

Still happening here on SU11 with Xbox X. Sometimes models I own show up, other times, itā€™s just generic. Basically the behavior is very rabdom. You just never know what youā€™re going to see regardless of what youā€™ve purchased and havenā€™t purchased.

This really needs to be fixed Asobo with some priority. This is a major immersion killer to what is otherwise pretty solid multiplayer functionality.

5 Likes

I flew into Ohare with Southwest livery and was amazed to see two other SW liveries parked at the gates.

But in the air never see anything but generic liveries.

Same Problem, Series x, latest beta version.