Xbox Multiplayer can only see Generic Models

Do we know if this happens on PC too? If they use 3rd part liveries? Or do PC gamers see the real liveries for all the airlines?

I can’t remember since playing this ever worked on xbox.

Yes, this definitely needs to be fixed.

Sometimes, it works. Most times, it doesn’t.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since SU10 (and now SU11), the models shown for various different aircraft flown by online players seems to be broken. Whether it’s purchased add-ons, or even default aircraft included in the MSFS package(eg F-18), the models shown for online players is never consistent. Sometimes you’ll see the correct model, sometimes you don’t. It seems more often you do not see the correct model. This has a major negative impact in overall immersive simulation when flying with other online pilots, or even when flying solo (but still online in a highly active area).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Too many instances to show.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Launch MSFS
  2. Goto any active airport (eg Nellis AFB in Nevada)
  3. Look for online pilots flying the F-18
  4. Either wait for them to land, or flyby, or takeoff and fly close to their vicinity.
  5. You will likely see a lier jet or some other generic commercial turbo-prop or jet aircraft
  6. You can also try this with any of the add-on aircraft available on the marketplace
  7. It is important to note that this issue is inconsistent. Sometimes it works. Other times it does not. Sometimes even within the same flight, you will see one player with the proper model, and another playing flying the exact same aircraft with the wrong model shown

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox X running latest OS

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11 (latest GA build)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

two friends A320 with the same livery besides me… well or not.

just learned there is DLC in the Marketplace to get all the liveries on the airports. It’s called Airport Static Aircraft by LVR. I think it’s like 13 bucks. Something like this should be part of the core game.

1 Like

Yes

Xbox Series S. I only see generic models for other aircraft in the game. This is for live players. The only time I can see the correct model is if I am flying the same aircraft as the other person.

I have a friend that has a series X and had the same issue, but has resolved in the last week or so. Possibly a fix that is slowly coming? But it is certainly an emersion killer.

I am on XB Series X and still see generic plane liveries as of a few hours ago.

I have the same issue as everyone is saying like I’m in an fA18 and someone does not show up and sometimes they do. it never shows up when I’m in a different aircraft then the person it’s just so annoying when trying to do USAF demos with my friends in different aircraft

like bruh isn’t it harder to make a whole airliner as a substitute for a tiny little f16?

yes

Microsoft you need to fix this when my friend and I are trying to do formation it’s not really fun having an A330 beside you as an “f16” I mean isn’t it harder to make a massive a330 than just doing a tiny little f16

Generic aircraft are getting really annoying when my friends and I do formation flights or bush trips all the aircraft show up as generics! It’s not really fun having a default a330 fly next to you when it’s actually a small f16 i k ow pretty much all xbox users want this to be removed

3 Likes

This is not unique to Xbox it happens on PC too and is due to the flawed model matching we currently have to put up with. There are other topics on this subject already in the forum so this may get merged.

1 Like

on the PC though you have the option to turn off generic option… xbox not.

That setting I tried on and off and it makes no perceivable difference. You are not missing anything.

2 Likes

Nothing is more beautiful and realistic than being in an airport and seeing a CJ4 hovering in the air.

It looks like a helicopter but it’s not, it’s just a plane that got tired of being a plane and changed its mindset to be something more.

1 Like

does ruin the moment

2 Likes

All generics at Nellis still

April 2023 still no fix for issue :weary::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

This issue has got significantly worse since SU12, now on Xbox nearly every single multiplayer aircraft is shown as a generic model. It’s no longer guaranteed that the other players in the same aircraft as the one I am flying will show correctly either.

I really don’t understand how this wasn’t spotted and fixed already. I could maybe forgive 3rd party aircraft showing generic, but the default aircraft built into the sim should match 100% of the time. Seeing the bell407 as a floating bizjet, the Cessna 152/172 as a piper, the f18 as a jumbo is a real immersion killer.

6 Likes

Not even the original planes get displayed right… it’s really bad

2 Likes

Frustrating it certainly is but sometimes you just have to laugh! I just watched a floating 747 do a water take-off. It was tagged as a Hughes H4 and its pilot no doubt saw my B206 as a hovering Citation. This issue is obviously more complicated than it sounds as it’s been a problem for quite a while.

1 Like