xBOX One controller rudder control

Hi all,

Is there any way to make the rudder control less jumpy when using an xBOX controller to play? It seems to jump all over the place, ignoring the analog control.

Thanks!

Go into control settings and adjust the sensitivity.

Okay, I will have to look harder, thanks.

Rudder control on the Xbox controller is broken. It is a known issue.

1 Like

The nice thing is in the control settings they give you the option to search for a function such as Rudder and they also have a search field to search via input, so you can see what settings a button, switch, etc are mapped to.

I never had a problem with it, just have to either be very gentle or change the sensitivity curve.

Thats not it

There is a problem with the xbox controller trigger’s axis that makes them twitchy

You can’t change the sensitivity on the rudder when using an Xbox controller, at the moment.

1 Like

Huh, I wasn’t aware. I was always just very gentle one the triggers when using rudders. Sorry, my bad.

does anyone found any realistic value for controller sensitivity?

This is what I was thinking, no matter what values I use, the response is bad. Thanks.

People need to stop saying it’s a known issue. Looking at their dev updates they are not even looking at fixing this. They haven’t responded to a single one of the MANY threads.

1 Like

Surely it’ll get prioritised given MSFS is due out on Xbox eventually

It is on the known issue list though

It has been on the known issues list through six patches now. I, and others, have reached out through Zendesk and other threads for some idea of when this will be addressed and have received no response. For all we know it will be on the know issues list five years from now.

I love this sim, there is so much good in it, in spite of the many issues. VFR is wonderful, but trying to fly the GA aircraft without rudder control really steals much of the joy.

Simple question for Asobo: When can we expect the Microsoft XBox controller to actually work?

2 Likes

Yea I would love to chill out, sit back and play with the controller, but rudder control is necessary. The controller works well otherwise.

Asobo does not care. They make money on Rudder/yoke peripherals sold. I will continue to remind every post complaining about this because Asobo does not care to even respond. Do not pay for this game or a dime of DLC until this is changed. Rudder control worked with controllers in early alpha. They removed it after deals were struck with peripheral manufacturers. Money hungry ASOBO

No, you are wrong. They do care. The issue is fixed in the latest patch.

Is ir me or they changed the way rudder works with xbox controller?!

Triggers are now acting like buttons…

Ex: if i pressed 2 sec on right rudder i have to press 2 sec left rudder to get back to neutral…

1 Like

FIXED

UPDATE… this has been resolved by reassigning Rudder to Rudder Axis settings now!

I can’t even stay on the runway during takeoff then when I do get airborn after slewing… the Rudder gets stuck either to the left or right and I have to battle the aircraft to fly str8.

If i press the trigger it goes hard right then when I tap to go left it swings hard left.

• Okay…

After flying a bit, the rudder is moving in increments with no snap back. As others have said…

if I tap 1, 2, or 3, etc then I have to tap the opposite back 1,2. or 3, etc to get back to neutral.

1 Like