Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

People, just be patient and see what happens at the end of this month. They’ve said it should be fixed. Yes, it’s annoying and frustrating. But the game isn’t unplayable.

Again, just be patient. If it isn’t fixed after SU6, that’s the time to be vocal.

So according to the news it is not fixed with su6, just looked at least they found something, something with a battery.

Wasn’t one of the dev’s responses in the last Q&A after claiming to never have heard of it: ‘I don’t know, something with a battery?’

🤦🏻

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Maybe some positive news here. Before I tell my story, I would like to remind you we have at least three problems in long flights in Xbox:

1. Black Screen
  2. Lack of activities causing Sim to close
  3. CTD

Yesterday, I was stubborn and tried to make a long flight from SBFZ (Brazil) to LEIB (Ibiza) using the Cessna Citation CJ4.

I took two different steps than I normally do. I used cable internet and opened Spotify.

As always, I got in the cruise altitude and went to sleep, and 7 hours later I woke up and for my surprise, my flight was still active and with all the screens and avionics working. I couldn’t believe!

So, half of hour later, I was aligned to landing and… CTD… With no black screen. Of course it was a little bit disappointing, but hopefully we have a work around for this. I never had a more than 2 hours flight without black screen.

It can be a coincidence, but I’ll try again today.

Thanks for the story but it seems like the cj4 can last the longest of the airliners. Unfortunately there are no workarounds to this problem. It’s been identified as battery being one of the root causes. So we will have to wait until they can fix it and or other problems causing these blackouts and CTD issues.

You don’t know.

I’m flying with A320, a 5 hours flight. We’ll be back with news.

Does the battery get modelled for energy consuption by default. Is it like fuel that can run out? I take it it’s one of those internal aircraft sim things that we have no control over? If so why does it happen across multiple aircraft though.
Too bad there isn’t an option like
Options > Assistance > Aircraft Systems > Unlimited Battery
to go test the theory out.

Yeah I agree I wish there were those options but yes it seems like there is more to the story than just the battery. The ground textures become very blurry before the blackout screens happen than the CTDs . I did notice that on my series x, it seems to fly longer without the blackouts compared to the series s . It also could be because of draw distance? Who knows . Just my take so far on this as I own both the series s and x also a very powerful pc which of course the pc works great.

Cool, you get to experience FS from 3 different perspectives. Can’t be bad thing.
I think the reason devs keep remembering battery though is related to this post (see whole thread from Aug 2020) about start up procedure whether done manually or by AI being wrong and not enabling battery charging. Only starting by CTRL-E was OK.
I can’t see how batteries running out mid flight would affect ground textures CTD’s etc though, that’s more like XBox system resources running out/ being limited in some way.

Yes no doubt I get all the perspectives it does show me a good idea of the scope of things . I read that article and it can be evolved from that nature . The Xbox’s are new so it’s gonna take awhile to get these things working right . I feel that they may be just a little underpowered for the sim right now . Especially the series s for the big airliners. Ground textures getting blurry sounds like a memory leak draw. Well see what they can figure out . It’s their job to do such .

1 Like

I do wonder if a slightly beefier XBox may emerge at some point for FS. The XBox eXcesS :joy:

Gotta stay on topic but heck people can’t even get the current “scalper series “as of yet !

1 Like

1 Like

Mine X crashes 100% all the time 5-10 minutes later after avionics goes black.

My root of cause is next (again):

UUEE airport by drzewiecki-design

1.Spawn or approach at the airport
2.Receive black :tv: screens near about 5 minutes
3.CDT 5-15 minutes after 2.

1. Unistall the package
  2. Back in the sim with no problems in that area

After uninstalling, everything becomes normal.

No black screen again! CTD just after the landing.

They need flying 3 hours flight on Xbox series x and s and see what we’re talking about

Tried a short flight from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas to try to avoid the dreaded black screen bug. Being a noob I listened to ATC who instructed me to decend way too late and I couldn’t get down low enough to capture the ILS and so had to do a go around, on the second attempt ATC told me to go around at the last minute so another go around. I got all configured again and was on the G/S and another go around but this time got the dreaded Black/Blank screens which effectively ended my flight.

Three problems… ATC FL, Multiple go around instructions and my Noobness.

1 Like

If its not fixed in SU6 which theres a chance it could be, SU7 is only next month according to the roadmap. Just give it chance. Matter of fact I just had a black screen in the 787. It could be in SU6, Miracles do happen!!

And SU8 is only 2 months after that!

Please don’t give the devs a free pass on this one. It’s a legacy bug from PC and absent mods or marketplace options that work Xbox players are going to start leaving because of it. There really is no excuse for it and it should be priority #1 as far as Xbox is concerned.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely

1 Like