Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

100% true statement also for me! Sick of it!

We just need to keep pushing this topic out as much as possible.

3 Likes

egypt to turkey he15-ltac sim frozen up to load the area few minutes later cockpit screens when out then CTD on Xbox

At this point the mods/community managers have brought it up to the dev team so I donā€™t know if there is much more we can do.

Given the genesis of this bug, I fear it is something buried deep enough in overlapping systems that it is almost impossible to debug. But I donā€™t know how serious the devs have looked at it in the past, if at all.

If it were me, Iā€™d work backwards - figure out why those using the FBW or heavy mods are not having these issues and what that software is modifying in the base code of these aircraft.

Maybe it is all the default FMC? Iā€™d be fine not being able to modify the in-game flight plan as a stop-gap until WT gets to these aircraft if it means I donā€™t get black avionics. Give me an A320 with a G530 at this point (even if I canā€™t use an arrival because of the u-turn bug) - itā€™s better than black avionics and CTD!

Atleast they acknowledged it. We can only hope it gets fixed or they atleast create a work around.

1 Like

True, but the battery explanation was the same thing zendesk was telling PC a year ago until FBW and heavy mod came out and the issue ā€œfixedā€ itself. So call me skeptical for now.

You can search old threads and see some of the responses.

They said ā€œNo update as of release yet so >stay tuned<ā€ so maybe thatā€™s a hint of them fixing it? At this point im going off every breadcrumb of hope. I understand its unacceptable, especially for people like me who bought premium deluxe. We all need to make sure this gets fixed and this topic get solved.

2 Likes

Other flight cockpit screens going out then CTD after 2 hours flight GGG

I feel ripped too! I got premium deluxe and canā€™t fly properly since August.

1 Like

Incredible, still no solution?
A week ago I got the Xbox just for MSFS.
Yesterday I wanted to fly long distances. After 2 hours everything was black in the Cockpit, but the engines were still running.
Is this a joke? The simulator is absolutely useless.
Should everyone who has this problem send a ticket now?
Over 500 articles, and what does Asobo say about them?
Honestly folks, I was really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off yesterday. Seems to be a serious problem.
After so many months, updates come out, but they dont solve such core problemsā€¦
I donā€™t dare to do such flights anymore. Why is it pointless if something like this happens after a 2 hour flight?!
How many tickets do they have to have? Do they only act after 10k tickets?

4 Likes

This is supposed to be fixed in SU6. I think 20th oct

Here is the development roadmap.

There is nothing to be read about this problem.
And look how old this thread is, and before every update everyone thinks, now it will be solved.

See also:

1 Like

2 Likes

Yesterday the second attempt. This time the Ground textures have disappeared. Avionics are still there.
I have the feeling that the simulator doesnā€™t like it when you stand at the gate for 30 minutes and want to make everything as real as possible. But if you just fly off, ideally still operate the aircraft from outside, everything will work perfectly. Itā€™s like this simulator is saying, just fly off and have fun. Otherwise if you invest an hour in Flight planning, I like to crash.
Until that is solved, take off from the runway with howling engines and have fun. The simulator likes that.
And a sign that the sim is about to crash is that you can look outside the Cockpit windows. Which is usually not the case. Then I know something is about to happen again.

Seriously, I love Flight Simulation, but nothing is right here and there.
How can you publish something like that? Isnā€™t anyone testing the simulator?
Weā€™re not talking about a small thing here. For me personally, all the joy has gone. Even wanted to buy the Series X.

I really wanted to have a console:
Ok, no mods.
Marketplace does not contain all addons.

Everything is accepted, but a simulator falls and rises with its Aircraft and their systems. Why not say we will program the Airbus more deeply in the next few years?
No planes come out for MSFS, so you have to rely on the one Airbus. And it is programmed like a GTA plane.
If I were the boss, the ā€œSimulatorā€ would be the highest priority.
Of course you want to have customers, but how should that work in the future?
Your car is broken, but you are trying to make it more beautiful to sell. No, fix the car first.
Sorry, but ā€œWe are working on itā€ is not enough for me. We dont need updates that shouldnā€™t have any priority at first. That means, no priority on this. Maybe Q1 Q2 2022.
Now you can attack me as you want, but if you are affected, itā€™s no longer funny.
See CP 2077. The game industry is getting more and more ridiculous, and everyone is swallowing everything and putting up with everything. A shame.

1 Like

Youā€™re posting a link of sep 16th, almost a month ago. Check the last development update, they already said they found a possible cause of this bug. Just wait until 20th oct for the SU6

1 Like

Im fine waiting until SU7 at the most but anything beyond that will be unacceptable imo. If they dont fix it, the sim will go to an early grave because people will start walking away. Iā€™d rather them admit they cant fix it so I can get my money back. Its really infuriating. If this is not fixed by SU7 Im going to loose hope. They need a hotfix asap!!

2 Likes

Always the same, find it very annoying when the devs tell you su6 is fixed, then not. It is not playable, it should be fixed after a month at the latest. Soon it will be the end of October we still have a bug. I think we wonā€™t get any further with our 60 votes. And donā€™t ask for patience, Iā€™m very angry ā€¦

3 Likes

This is coming from someone who is equally frustrated by this bug and disgusted by the fact that this bug has not been resolved in over 1 year of its first discovery and zen desk tickets on PC.

Advice - just fly something else because continuing to roll the dice with avionics blackouts after spending a bunch of time debugging broken flight plans and several hours in the air will drive you insane eventually.

I recommend the C172, Bonanza, or C208B with G1000NXi. If you must fly high altitude IFR, Iā€™ve found the King Air or TBM consistent but you have to find a bug free flight plan and make zero changes to it once you load into the cockpit while keeping flights less than 3 hours.

1 Like

To be fair, that information came from a forum moderator, not a developer. A community manager also posted the Seneca would be on the marketplace ā€œin the coming daysā€ (before someone points out the obvious ambiguity in that statement all the other aircraft on the same list were released). That was something like 5 or 6 weeks ago and still no word on the Senecaā€¦

There is obviously a communication breakdown somewhereā€¦

2 Likes

Honestly I decided to just go for it and see what happened and I flew the TBM problem free for almost 4 hours. From cold and dark to shut down on the tarmac. It was a flight from Key West to Tallahassee. So I decided to roll the dice. I shut down the aircraft FULLY in Tallahassee and stayed in the same session, then went over all of the checklist and fired it back up. Inputted a flight plan from Tallahassee to Philadelphia. I flew the ENTIRE flight problem free. No FPS drop, no blurry textures, no black avionics. Today is the first day since July that I feel like I can confidently fly a flight without worrying about CTD or anything else as long as Iā€™m in the TBM or some other propeller driven aircraft. All of the airliners, including the 737 MAX after 2 hours I get the blurry scenery and CTD. So i donā€™t know what the problem could be but it seems to be very heavy set on the airliners. Whether itā€™s the models, the size of the models, the cockpits, I donā€™t know. But it absolutely seems to be an issue with bigger commercial aircraft. Iā€™m honestly going to bed happy tonight knowing I completed those flights as normal as could be. And that was with real weather, real time AND AI traffic on! Itā€™s not that big of a deal I guess but it absolutely gives me hope that this issue is one update away from being gone permanently.

FYI Iā€™m on Xbox Series S.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like