Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

It doesn’t matter what setting they fly with, the error occurs sporadically and is incomprehensible.

1 Like

So, for anyone who’s participated in SU 8 Beta, Have the black avionics been fixed, reduced or still the same problem? FYI Im not in the beta. Just would like to know everyones experiences.

I have been in the beta since the start and i can say that i didn’t have any problem, just 1 time but they came back after few seconds. For me looks more stable with a good performance.

1 Like

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

Bad report:

LFPO - EGKK - LEBL

A320 NEO

Flight time 45 minutes

Filed flight plans in FMC

Note: The flight from Paris orly to London Gatwick was perfect NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS however I was doing a 1 hour stop at Gatwick and just as I was about to pushback for Barcelona just after I had finished doing the flight plan the screens went black but there was no ctd. This has never happened before so maybe it is a one off but I will keep testing to see if it occurs more often now

1 Like

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

Good report:

EGGW - LIRN - LIRF

A320 NEO

3 hours

FMC for flight plans

Note: very good flight overall NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS and no choppy frames at any point during the flight.

Do y’all think this update help with our topic?

It’s not listed in the notes and it’s too early to tell at this point to determine any differences or changes

2 Likes

Bad report After the Sim update 8
KJFK-KDFW
xbox series x
live weather on
live traffic on
default 747
Asobo Handcrafted airport to handcrafted airport
3 times CTD spawning into KJFK
then I re started the console and sim and finally was able to taxi and take off from KJFK to KDFW. landed successfully at KDFW no CTD or black screens. just when I thought all is good, got CTD when pulling up to gate. bright side, it was smooth flight all the way there and even landing. no stutters. I don know what’s the deal with these Crashes on xbox when switching camera views but its not fixed at all. i will test with no live traffic or live weather later

im noticing on xbox with the default aircrafts such as a320neo 747 787 etc are the planes crashing the sim at handcrafted airports and add-on airports. ive tested the 777 cap sim and it doesn’t CTD at all. something is going on with the aircraft and the airports. every time I spawn in the a320neo for instance CTD. anyone else getting CTDs from this?

3 Likes

Hopefully they will finger it out for us

2 Likes

There were no black screens for me in the last 2 months but after the su8 update it came back during the first flight.
Has anyone experienced the same since yesterday?

4 Likes

the sim ■■■■■ me so hard. justsim ctd in Dusseldorf. why don’t you get the thing to run stably!!! when products are sold via the marketplace, i, as a customer, also expect that ■■■■ to work.
Series X with Asobo Airbus livery from bredok.

Hey cpt., write to the boys on facebook. It’s the only way to contact them anyway. I’ve already written to her about EDDH. the only thing they can do is talk their way out. I don’t think anything comes from them. There seem to be general problems with justsim’s addons anyway. So better not to buy anything from them. You can see that in the compatibility list. they are the “leaders”

1 Like

BAD REPORT:
Black screen after 2 hours of flight

Platform: XBOX Series S
Aircraft: default A320 NEO
Route: LEPA to EGCC
Live weather: ON
3rd party airport: NO
Black avionics screen: about 2 hours into the flight, 15 minutes away from landing.

2 days ago I had the same, during descending I got black screen and suddenly CTD.
Yesterday I tried it with the same airports, there was no black screen, so everything was okay (except frame drops) and today I had also a successful flight from CDG to JFK, so during that 7 hours everything was okay, no black screen, no ctd, only framerate drops.

1 Like

GOOD REPORT:
Black screen after 2 hours of flight PART 2

Platform: XBOX Series S
Aircraft: default A320 NEO
Route: EGCC to LEPA
Live weather: OFF
3rd party airport: NO
Black avionics screen: NO. So I posted a report earlier as I had black screens from Palma LEPA to Manchester EGCC and got black screens as I was going through the clouds. However I didn’t stop there, I started the sim back up after crashing and went from EGCC back to LEPA but this time I switched to a less active server (I play on west europe but switched to North europe I come across less people on North Europe) I also turned live weather OFF. I flew without any issues what so ever. So as @JackMartin7440 said, its too early to tell so give it a few days. @Takric it may be because the servers are getting slammed right now. Try live weather and traffic off on a less active server region and try. Also they put the sim on cloud gaming so even more people are playing right now.

2 Likes

Do you mean it’s only server problem?

1 Like

Not necessarily no. Its basically a memory leak.

1 Like

Its so ridiculous even after this SU8 that we are still getting these Black screens and CTDS on xbox either it be handcrafted or add-on marketplace addons. we should be able to use live weather and traffic. Constantly having to decipher which Live feature should be on or off is a nuisance. I just saw the dev Q&A today and from what I heard yet again nothing was addressed from all these issues effecting xbox. memory leaks, black screens, marketplace add-on CTDs etc. I asked and I saw that others did as well and it wasn’t even mentioned- xbox series x here

3 Likes

I agree, we needs to push this as much as possible.

2 Likes