Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

It’s much better than I thought

2 Likes

I asked several times for us having this dreadful issue at todays q and a and zip nothing no answers and again seems to be swept under the rug like it don’t exist . It can be so many things going on . My tests still conclude the series s as just too weak opposite of the x . Also the handcrafted airports are most certainly a cause of CTDs on both platforms with zero mods whatsoever installed. Black screens seem much more apparent in the series s though . Live traffic, live weather, servers, handcrafted airports, photogrammetry, internet connections, draw distance, etc … You name it I have tested it as well as many others here . Simply put , this again not going away for many users and I don’t think the developers have a clue about it either . With major airliners upon the horizon, this is a scary notion how they will perform on the Xbox platform. I noted the more an aircraft has gigabyte in it , the more resources it consumes . The same applies to the airports. Lesser busy or non handcrafted airports and planes perform fluent . But yes we’re in for a very long haul here guys .

Jack

4 Likes

We need to keep this thread alive until it is dealt with and I don’t plan on abandoning this thread anytime soon. No matter how long it takes. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for your work, especially for those of us who don’t have enough time to investigate and wants the FS back again

Cheers from :it:

1 Like

I’m still thinking the main problem are the airplanes plus the live water. I’m going to try flying the 777 since I’ve seen more people on other sites say that this model is the only one that is not causing CTD. And it’s the 747 “Frankenstein” but also it’s the only one who’s doesn’t get any upload in the cabin, neither the new 747 updates.

2 Likes

Lets just give the update a chance and let the servers calm down a bit. Keep posting reports so we can see the results everyone gets.

2 Likes

Today I reinstalled the whole game on my xbox.
No CTDS, no black screens, only frame drops occured.

2 Likes

Did that help? If so I will try. Also do you have rolling cache on or off? Edit: Just got black screens again during approach, 3 hours wasted. I’m going to re install it just to make sure all the files are fresh. (Live weather and traffic was off, Rolling cache was also off). Its a bit ridiculous how we are at almost 2000 replies since July. I encourage everyone to keep sending reports and asking constantly on twitch until we get a valid answer and solution. As I said in my posts above, I’ve said it once and i’ll say it again, I’ve been on this forum topic since August and I don’t intend going anywhere until its fixed for everyone.

3 Likes

Do you have any third part products there?

I’m trying to talk to airport developers to see if the problems come from there and LFVR is fixing the issue, Drzewieki has fixed their CTD at Tokyo airport and Jetstream is reviewing their products. For its part, Fly Tampa has said that they have nothing to do with this

the same statement as justsim about facebook

Yes CaptainSim’s Boeing 777-300.

I would say, it helped.
After SU8 I got a black screen during landing…for the second flight it was okay, the circumstances were the same and 3rd flight was also okay, so I haven get black screen only once before reinstall.
But I wanted to try what happens if I reinstall it, I would say during today’s flight after reinstall I had no framedrops.
It is also interesting that after SU8 I was not able to update WU4, but after today’s reinstall this was also successful.
So if you had a decent net connection, I would recommend to reinstall it, for me it was roughly 90 minutes, with half of the WUs.
Some details about today’s flight:
CDG - JFK
Duration: 7 hours
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300 (CaptainSim)
Live weather and live traffic: yes

1 Like

but Justsim has the Düsseldorf airport in a very complicated area of ​​the simulator, because when I fly through Bohrnholn, which is right next to Düsseldorf and it is from aerosoft, it also has the same problem, there I believe them that they cannot do anything

good report

from Bilbao to Barcelona (both payware scenery)

1 hour flight

Xbox series S

full live water (with storm on the Bilbao side and cloudy on the Barcelona side)

full live traffic

airbus a320N

full third part (both airports)

a flight without any problem, without lowering of frames, without black screens or CTD.

something I have done was load each payment airport that I have in the simulator (15 in total) to see if that would help to “accommodate” them in the simulator so that I do not have a problem when I have to load it at the time of arrival.

1 Like

My Fazit to SIM Update 8 and Serie S so far (done several flights with Live weather and traffic on). As long there is no Handcrafted Airport involved in the Flight no Problem so far ( except 2 or 3 sessions black screen on final), all very smooth and enjoyable.

For my feeling the GOTY LSZH Airport makes a lot of Troubles. And exactly this one could not be deinstalled via Content Manager.

To the last Q&A Session they only thing I can say - very disappointing that Questions regarding Black Screen is simply ignored. For me it would be more or less enough if the question would be raised during the Q&A session even the devs say „well we don’t know so far - but we are aware“ this would mean for me at least the are listening to us and taking care. So it feels a bit like treating us with feet.

2 Likes

If we’re going to get this bug somewhat fixed or reduced to where its very rare. We need to be consistent and persistent. I just re installed everything fresh, I will do a flight and report my outcome later. Edit: Also I was thinking as Jack, mentioned about upcoming airliners, if lets say for example the ‘upcoming’. Pmdg 737 so if the 737 has their own avionics developed, would they still black out? Either that or it will consume so much memory it will ctd everytime. My theory is they wouldn’t but I could be wrong. Don’t quote me on this, it was only an idea.

3 Likes

Bad Report

Xbox Series S

Live weather on

Traffic Live

A320

EDDM - EGGL

Flight time 1h25m

Full delux version of MSFS

No others mods installed

Frame rate drops after landing and black avionics when pulling onto stand. Just thought I’d try live weather with SU8. Back to no live weather for me then.

Good report

Xbox S

Full live water

Full AI Traffic

Full third part content: a320N Air France skin from 4 simmers, Nantes airport from Jetstream Design and Biarritz Bayona airport from FlightBeam (both payware)

No frame drops

No black screens

No CTD

night time fly

1 hour fly

I think that you guys are using too long flights and when there are more than 1:30 hours of flight the simulator presents many problems and now with this update even more.
Try with shorter distances like between 1 hour and 1.20 hours and avoid the areas of Germany / Switzerland and England that are very unstable areas and you will see that it works well

A post was split to a new topic: Anyone have had issues with the decel point on the a320neo?