Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Sorry this topic is strictly for CTDs and black avionics. Please search the forums for answers related to your issues.

3 Likes

Good report

Xbox S

Barcelona - Bilbao

1 hour fly

A320N with Vueling skin from 4simmers

Full live water

Full live traffic

Both airports from third part (Barcelona-LVFR) (Bilbao-BMOW)

No problem, smooth performance.

No frames drop no CTD

Bilbao has some rainy water but everything worked perfectly.

Good report

Bilbao - Nantes

Full live water

Full live traffic

Both airports from thirty part developers

55 minutes fly

No frame drops

No CTD

Everything perfect

Good report

Nantes - A CoruƱa

1.10 hour fly

Full live water

Full live traffic

Both airports from thirty part developers

No frame drops

No CTD

Everything worked awesome.

3 Likes

Another black screens again during descendig from Bali to Bangkokā€¦duration roughly 3,5 hours.
So after reinstall I had two 7+ hours flights without any issue, so I have no idea what happened todayā€¦and of course CTD during landing.

2 Likes

Jack quick question - have you or know anyone that has tried the cloud gaming now available. Does the black screen occur on that too?

I know not a fix. Just curious.

2 Likes

Well guys Iā€™ll write my last flight report:

GOOD REPORT

Xbox series S

A320N

A CoruƱa - Barcelona

1:22 minutes flight

no frames drops

No CTD

Both airports are Payware product

Barcelona itā€™s biggest airport but no problem at all (some frames drop when I turn to the terminal 2 but itā€™s normal, have a lots of details and are big structure)

Well, I have lucky or Iā€™m flying short flights and thatā€™s all.

Have a good luck guys

4 Likes

BAD REPORT:
Black screen after landing.

Platform: XBOX Series S
Aircraft: default A320 NEO
Route: LEPA to LEMD
Live weather: OFF
3rd party airport: NO
Black avionics screen: Just after Landing. This flight was only 40 minutes, had black screens after landing. Honestly its bothering me how 9/10 flights I get black screens somewhere along the way. Iā€™d rather them come out and say they canā€™t fix it. Iā€™m tired of being ignored by the devā€™s but Iā€™ll still remain here until we get a yes or no answer that it can be fixed or not. How is this a flight simulator if I cant complete a bug free flight. Iā€™m not trying to be harsh, I know how much work goes into these products and I can tolerate the odd bug here and there but when avionics shut off, its like a kick in the teeth as you cant navigate nor operate the aircraft properly. Sorry for my rant, also donā€™t worry guys iā€™m not going anywhere! P.s when the next Q & A comes around we need to get them to address an update for this as much as possible. Iā€™ll be there.

4 Likes

The Madrid area is having problems, I have an LVFR airport and I have already reported the problem to the developers and they are fixing it since I have CTD when I approach

1 Like

Its not about 3rd party scenery. Iā€™m talking about the core sim with Asobo airports.

1 Like

yes I know, what I mean is that it is a problem area anyway, regardless of whether you have a third-party scenario or not

1 Like

Oh right, I was just saying because this bug is strictly vanilla. :+1:

1 Like

BAD REPORT:
Black screen before takeoff.

Platform: XBOX Series S
Aircraft: 787-10
Route: LEPA to LSZH
Live weather: OFF
3rd party airport: NO
Black avionics screen: Just before takeoff. Spent half an hour settling the up the flight plan and got hit with black avionics during taxi before take off. Im going to have a break for a day or two, its driving me insane. :joy:

1 Like

I just donā€™t understand Asobo they donā€™t have any ideas on Xbox bugs they just fixed PC I donā€™t know how to get tho to them about this topic

2 Likes

Its horrendous, I cant even get off the ground. I beg to god that this gets fixed soon. As soon as the next Q & A comes, Iā€™m going straight to the chat.

I asked q&a last week they ignoring people are trying to ask on Xbox on q&a

1 Like

I know, I heard. I just donā€™t understand do they even read these posts? Almost at 2000 replies as I said many times, but yet we donā€™t seem to be making any progress. Iā€™d even be happy if they fixed it to an extent where it happens 1 in 10 flights. Iā€™m grateful for Jack starting this thread and is still with us and everyone else whoā€™s still supporting this topic. I know I said this many times but I have no intentions of leaving this thread until its fixed. Heck, I even have the link bookmarked on my phone. :joy: I canā€™t begin to think how many CTDā€™s are going to happen when ā€˜weā€™ get the 737 or CRJ if the default aircraft are having issues.

2 Likes

Today I flew from DĆ¼sseldorf to Basel, knowing that it is one of the most unstable areas in all of Europe to see how far I could go. One of the things I discovered is that the more time you spend at the departure airport, the more likely the screens are to turn off before taking off (not all airports, of course), and another that I have discovered is that when I fly through Spain/Italy and France, the texture of the terrain at 30,000ft is excellent, but through Holland/Germany and Switzerland the textures do not finish loading, making everything look blurry thus generating that when I start the descent, the simulator starts loading the auto gen and overloads with information, causing a screen blackout or directly CTD. what seems strange to me is that having both the same console, I fly with all the accessories and have no problem and you deactivate more than one thing and unthinkable errors happen to you

1 Like

Does this issue occur on cloud gaming too?
Not proposing thatā€™s a fixā€¦

Curious thatā€™s all.

Sadly I donā€™t know anyone that doesnā€™t have it installedā€¦to testā€¦

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ~7.5GB Xbox Update March 9 2022

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Has any body had problems with black instrument screens resently, just happened to me just about to land at LFPG with latest update 1.23.12.0 XBOX Series S

1 Like

Thank you. Kind regards