Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

Turning it on? That seems to be the common denominator. :grin:

1 Like

Ya, that’ll do it too.

Best to leave it “off” and just admire the the big black box as a conversation piece. lol

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

MSFS Standard edition
XBOX SERIES S

Good report:

EGLL - KDEN

9 hours and 55 minutes

A320 NEO

FMC used for flight plan

Note: very good flight no choppy frames or lag however on approach the frames became slightly choppy and the sim started to lag a bit but otherwise NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS

1 Like

Yeah, several months later and this is still an often occurrence in this game. While it doesn’t make the sim completely unplayable, it ruins the experience slightly. I gotta admit spending several hours flying and then losing all of your screen displays is quite irritating. I understand they’re working towards making this go away, but unfortunately for now this will still be around.

3 Likes

After 2,5h flight with A20N during approaching to EKCH, first black screens then CTD. XBOX Series S.

70% of flights ends like this.

Live trafic ON
Live weather ON

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I see it like this.

If you can “create” your own weather and use the “Ai Traffic” why bother with anything “LIVE” at all
? If that’s causing the issue
"Don’t use it
!

I don’t have any WU’s installed at all. No extras. I have no 3rd party software what so ever. All physical traffic is down to 50% except Fauna, its completely turned off, no need to see animals. In my content manager all I have is “7” items installed since I re-installed it, and “9” uninstalled items. Photogrammetry.?, forget it, never gonna use that MSFS crasher. I haven’t had a CTD since.

Another thing I do is once the Xbox console is first boot up I restart it again. Just in case something hasn’t boot properly from a cold dark start so to speak.

Lastly, rolling cash is “OFF” completely.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips, but no help!

Live weather OFF
Live Trafic OFF
Photogrammetry OFF
Trafic below 50%
All 3rd party software uninstalled

1,5 h flight A20N after landing Black screens and CDT

What next??

Rolling cache is off
?

I’m assuming you did a fresh re-install
?

“Do Not” 
install “WU’s”
they can cause issues too !

Do you have the Premium Deluxe Game Of The Year Edition
?

Its been mentioned in the “Should You get MSFS for Xbox” thread that its inconceivable that people with totally identical Xbox consoles and internal hardware, are having and or not having issues. Pointless trying to wrap my head around it. Even people with identical PC’s are having issues too. High end and mid range PC’s, both of identical nature. It boggles the technical mind.

2 Likes

Good report:
Xbox series S.

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

Rolling cache: 16

Photogrammetry ON and ground traffic to 50.

Installed: Liveriepack Europe, EDDH from Justsim, Airport static aircraft and WU 6, 8, 7, 3

Flight from: EDDM - ENGM
approximately: 2:05h

Weather: English day(middle rain)

Good flight, NO black screens and NO CTD.

1 Like

Like I said as many have:

Ironic that people with totally identical Xbox consoles are having and or not having issues. Boggles the technical mind.

1 Like

I think it may depend on accurate reporting. I notice on a previous positive report that no plane type was identified.

That would be a key item to include on whether you reported the issue or not.

CTD again after 10 hours of flying

2 Likes

I’d like to point out this isn’t just black screens it’s systems turning off too. No GPWS callouts no warnings no anything. It’s not a simple can’t see any information. It’s literally systems shutting down as well. It’s like the entire avionics electrical system is failing almost like a blown fuse but there’s no fuses in the sim on many aircraft that are modeled in.

1 Like

Hopefully they will fit it soon

This issue is one of the items from the last Dev Q&A where they said they would follow up and provide an update on in the next Dev Q&A (this upcoming one). Hopefully we will get an update soon.

2 Likes

Tomorrow(Germany time)is the q&a. I hope, they have an update!

any problems with the SU9? because in xbox im finding lots of problems when i create the fly plan, the earth gets freeze and when i go to the airport (if not kick me to the xbox menu) im get black screen in my avionics, its like some memory luquid or something like that, that get too unestable since the SU9 came out to the xbox

2 Likes

Hopefully they will update us

Do y’all think q&a talk about this topic do y’all think they will fit it?

1 Like

CTD just after landing in KSEA
 Xbox series X, default airport, default A320Neo
 come on fix your game Asobo !!! And stop ignoring the problem in Q&A :rage:

I think SU9 must be one of the, if not, THE worst update

4 Likes