Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

XBOX Series S,
After 4,5h flight EFHK-LEMD (A20N) just before landing, black screens and CTD!
Live weather and live trafic turned OFF!

What is the problem?
No changes to the settings seem to help with this!

This is soooooo frustrating! :triumph:

2 Likes

Xbox series X en route from Paris to Denver.
After 6,5 of flying black screens and in 20 minutes CTD.

Fly with NO LIVE TRAFFIC AND NO LIVE WEATHER this will help prevent the problem for the mean time whilst they fix the issue

Settings was No Live trafic, No live weather
and still black screens and CTD

1 Like

You can also limit yourself to shorter flights.
It does seem to be time related.

1 Like

I had/or have this frustrating bug, for quite some time and recently increased the rolling cache from 8 to 16GB. I also uninstalled the workingtitle G1000 mod(free) and omitted the WING - Anti ICE in flight, as I don’t really need either. And victories there! Since then I have completed four flights with an average length of 2.5 hours! Without any problems with displays as well as CTD during the flight. In my opinion, the bug (at least I think for me) lies with the G1000 mod or Anti ice, as this also consumes a lot of energy in reality, which is why the displays could go out. But that shouldn’t happen normally. Of course, as long as nothing else happens, I’m happy. You don’t necessarily need Anti ice.
Hopefully we will have news about the bug soon, since Asobo said in the last Q&A stream that they will give us more information about the fix status of the bug at the end of April, before SU9. Hope. We hope for a fix soon.

Greetings, Anatol
Xbox series s

BAD REPORT: Series S
BLACK SCREEN : YES
CTD: YES
Flight Details:
LSZH to EKCH
Flighttime approx. 1:15
Crashtime: approx. 05:55 UTC
Livewather: ON
AI Traffic: ON

Received Decent from ATC right after starting decent Black screen appeared few seconds later CTD

Are those of you who are still experiencing this frustrating bug providing their error / crash reports to the Devs, as per the post from admin further up the thread? I haven’t had it on my Series X for some time now.

From that post, it does look like the Devs have redoubled their focus on fixing this - so hopefully those affected can provide the reports needed in order to make progress. Good luck!

Maybe this will help, I encountered the same kind of bugs, since I bought las Vegas airport/city bundle by fly Tampa, the avionics of my cessna 172 (g1000 glass cockpit) went black when I was in the final approach , no way to turn it back on, data collection on my xbox series s console has always been activated.

same here with the a320 the Autopilot takes me off path right after descent and close to airport. tried a few flights and it seems broken. and of course all my add-on airports are still causing CTDS even with traffic/weather off

2 Likes

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

Good report: XBOX SERIES S

KSFO -LLBG

14 hours

747 8I

FMC used to set up flight

Note: very good flight however when descending the frames became choppy and the sim was slightly laggy but overall very good flight. NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS

4 Likes

In my experience so far it is certain usage patterns that help cause the CTD. If one night I’m getting a few CTD then I just stop whatever I was trying and go fly somewhere or something else, often then I get a good flight out of it.

For certain if you get a CTD and then try and do another similar kind of flight you’ll probably get another. The main redeeming feature of this sim is that the options are near limitless, there is so much to do that it’s easy to try something completely different and still have plenty of fun.

I think this is a big reason why different xbox users are getting very different experiences.

2 Likes

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC

Good report:

EGLL - EGNT - EGLL

A320 NEO

FMC used for flight plans

Note: very good flight no choppy frames or no lag. NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS.

Also off topic but during the flight the a320 cut out a section of the Flight plan and headed to a waypoint further on does anyone know what this could be?

1 Like

Several posts have been removed. Please stay on-topic of reporting an issue to assist the developers. Thank you.

1 Like

Good report:
Xbox series S

Flight from EDDB(Berlin Brandenburg).
to LEPA(Mallorca)

A320neo

2,5 hours.

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC
With 4simmers liveriepack Europe and
Airport Static Aircraft.

Fmc used for flight plans

NO CTD, NO black screens.
Normal flight, fps very good, no problems.

3 Likes

I think a major contributor to this problem is having live weather and live traffic on

1 Like

Agreed. I have everything turned off, all traffic @ 50%, I have Online and Bing Mapping functionality (for better scenery). However I just recently noticed that more clouds causes this to happen. I only use “High Level Clouds” and turn off all wind. Seems to alleviate the CTD’s, Thus far (fingers crossed).

1 Like

GOOD REPORT:

Xbox series S.

A320neo.

NO LIVE WEATHER
NO LIVE TRAFFIC.

Flow in heavy rain for all the time!

From EDDM - EGKK.

Goog flight. No lags or fps drops and no BLACK SCREENS and CTD.

2 Likes

For me, it seems to be the 3rd party airports.
Because whenever I take off from a third party airport (cold and dark), I get black screens. This is NOT the case at the autogen and Asobo MANUFACTURED airports!

1 Like

Agreed with everybody :+1:

So lets recap what may or may not be causing the CTD issues (odds are good these are) as per the consensus scattered throughout the forums:

1). Clouds
2). Anything Live Turned On
3). 3rd Party Software (addon’s)
4). WU’s
5). Photogrammetry
6). Increased Auto, Airplane, Ground Crews, Fauna, Ships, etc. (I read this somewhere in the forums)
?
7). Not to be Forgotten (the updates and patches)
!

Did I forget anything
? (other than equipment, PC’s and Consoles)

4 Likes