Xbox Series Marketplace purchases failing

I’m having an issue on the marketplace on my Xbox series X. Whenever I try to download a paid add-on, I get the constant Purchase Pending/Purchase failed message loop. I get an email receipt from microsoft for the purchase, but can’t download it in the sim because of the error. Anyone else with an Xbox having this issue? This is now the second time this has happened, the first time Zen Desk fixed it manually.

Do you have a payment method saved on your Xbox or in your Microsoft profile?

I deleted PayPal as preferred method, it then worked perfectly.

Yes, I have PayPal as the prefered payment method. I’ll try switching it to credit card and see if that helps. Thanks

We’ll, it didn’t help. Even using just a credit card the same thing happens - purchase pending/purchase failed. Am I the only one that this is happening to?

Try a system restart on the xbox and try again. Does this help?

1 Like

Same problem can’t purchase items. Keep saying purchased failed. have done system restart and no go! I have a credit card and microsoft currency. Using game pass on xbox series x to play flight simulator.

2 Likes

Might be a dumb answer, but have you made sure that what you are purchasing is made for xbox? I’ve purchased a few things without any trouble, but was billed to my verizon acct.

Restart didn’t help, and yes what I’m trying to purchase is for the Xbox. I’ve scoured Google and the forums, but can’t find any info regarding this problem on the Xbox, only the PC. Here are the steps that I’ve done so far…

1. Changed form of payment to credit card instead of PayPal.

2. Checked my Microsoft account for any errors (missing credit card info or misspellings)

3. Signed out of Xbox live and resigned in again.

4. Made sure that data was enabled and connected to the server.

5. Reset the Xbox

6. Unistalled and Reinstalled Flight Simulator.

I’ve tried to make 3 purchases so far. The first two were fixed manually by Zendesk support, the third is still Purchase pending/ Purchase failed, and awaiting support.

This has to be a bug in the program itself, so if anyone else reading this is having the same problem please upvote this message. The more votes it gets, the more it’s likely to be looked at by the team and fixed.

24 Likes

Still waiting for the response team and Yes 100% its for xbox. I tried purchasing other stuff for console version aswell. Box becomes greyed out then on message centre it says purchase failed.

3 Likes

Did you change the language in MSFS? The language needs to be the same as your locale on your xbox. Had the same issue because i changed the language from Norwegian to English in the sim.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but it’s always been on English. Tried switching to a different language, then back to English again, but still no luck.

Sorry to hear that, is the MSFS marketplace the only place you have trouble purchasing content? You havent changed anything on you xbox either? Like your country or language settings? I saw a thread on here a week or so ago about the same issue, and the language thing seemed to be the problem for most people. Your issue seems more complicated. Sorry i couldn’t help.

I have the same Problem. I can not purchase any item ingame on xbox. Any advice here? I already checked the above advices.

No, I haven’t changed anything on my Xbox. Region, language, and account are all as they should be. I can make game purchases on the Xbox marketplace, but not within the marketplace on MSFS. Thanks for trying. I think that Zendesk will have to figure out the problem.

Same issue here on xbox. I’ve tried all the obvious stuff. I can purchase from the store itself so I believe the issue is within FS. Odd…

2 Likes

I contacted xbox billing department. Tech support checked my profile and they said everything is good and there is nothing blocking my account from making the purchase.

Just got a message from Zendesk. Posted it here hoping that it helps somebody, but it didn’t help me. Followed all of the steps but purchases are still not working. Also just purchased a game from the microsoft store on the Xbox and that worked, so it’s the flight sim marketplace that is the issue.

Here’s what they sent;

"Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

If you’re having trouble purchasing from the Marketplace, please do the following:

1. Your PayPal account may have a different country/region listed than your payment method does. If they don’t match, you’ll need to update your PayPal account or payment method or use another payment method to complete the purchase. To add another method of payment:
  • Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    Microsoft account

• Go to Payment & billing and select Payment options.

• Under Payment methods, you can select Add a new payment method, View or edit card, or Remove card.

• Enter your updated info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

1. Make sure the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card’s expiration date hasn’t passed.

2. Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    Microsoft account

3. Go to Payment & billing and select Payment options.

4. Under Payment methods, select View or edit card.

5. Enter your updated info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

6. Contact your credit card company or bank.
    The purchase might have failed for the following reasons:

• The credit card hasn’t been activated.
  • The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
  • The credit card can’t accept online purchases or automatic billing.
  • The credit card company is intentionally preventing the card from being used.

Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the payment method you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction isn’t being blocked for some reason.

1. Try again later
    The purchase might be blocked for one of the following reasons:
  • Too many recent declined purchase attempts occurred.
  • The Microsoft account or the payment method is being used from a suspicious location.
  • The payment method you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.

Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours.

1. Use a different payment method
    Your payment method might have a billing decline violation against it or a previously unpaid balance. If this is the case, you’ll need to provide a different credit card for the purchase.

2. Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
    Microsoft account

3. Go to Payment & billing and select Payment options.

4. Under Payment methods, select Add a new payment method.

5. Enter the new payment info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

6. Information mismatch
    Make sure that the region of your payment method matches the region of your Xbox Console and Microsoft Account (i.e. if your credit card is from the US, make sure that your billing address is in the US and that your Xbox is set to the US (System > Language and Location > Language EN-US, Location US)

ADDITIONAL TROUBLESHOOTING
If you are using wifi, use a cable connection instead as the issue may be due to connectivity.

Even if the information seems correct, enter a new payment option, or delete the current payment option and re-enter it. For detailed instructions, see: Update your billing address and payment options. NOTE: If your payment method is about to expire (<30 days), you’ll need to enter a new valid payment method.

Some payment issues may be due to bank authorization challenges. Please make sure that the card details in your Microsoft account appear exactly as they do on the card and on your credit card statement.

A privacy and online safety setting for your Microsoft account may be preventing you from making purchases. Sign in to the Privacy section of your Microsoft account and review your settings. Privacy settings

Contact Xbox Support
Your Xbox console or Microsoft account has been banned or Microsoft detects suspicious activity and is preventing charges. To see if this is causing your issue, visit Xbox Support and click on the Contact Us button.

Best regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

Like I said, I hope this might help some of you, but it didn’t solve the problem for me.

1 Like

Yes same deal! I even made a purchase myself too. I contacted xbox support aswell. Basically this was the outcome of the conversation.

GMT][Maria C]: I know it is important for you to resolve it and I was checking all the options in my end, this is the account and billing department and at the moment your account is not showing any errors, you can totally continue trying with removing and re-add profile to update information, if the issue persist you can totally contact them back and I can send you an email as back up of our interaction to let them know

Here we go with tagging and getting tossed from department to department🤦‍♂️

Xbox can’t do anything, only the devs can, I’d guess the support desk is based in The EU (I’m in Aus and based on reply times worked this out, I don’t get responses Saturday/Sunday EU Time, I’m going to guess they’re absolutely inundated because EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE on the marketplace on Xbox will have this issue,

I just want to fly my spitfire

The only time I’ve had trouble is when using quick resume the day after starting the game. It’s happened a few times, it seems like the marketplace times out. Whenever I quit the game properly and restart it works as intended. I’ve been able to make quite a few purchases, with no trouble at all. Hope this helps.

1 Like