[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

Thank you for this post…so true!

2 Likes

you’re completely right. This update sucked all the fun out of the game. All the sights and locations I admired all look like poo poo now. I even loved those small farm towns I use to fly over and be amzed how two corn shilo’s in the middle of nowhere looked. Not anymore.

I’m even considering deleting this from my XBX. This game is such a huge storage hog at like what 250-300gb now? Think if someone is playing on a XB S - that’s like 90 percent of the storage used up for just this one game!

11 Likes

That’s a very good Idea and i am With you on this !!

What would be the hour in France. I do not really understand conversion.

On what Channel Can i watch the meeting ?

Thank you

5 Likes

It starts at 19:30 Paris time and you can watch on Twitch

2 Likes

I know what you mean. For me it shows as 245 gigs with another 110 gig of reserved storage. 355 gigs this game takes up and i barely want to turn it on. If it wasnt for the massive visual downgrade id be trying to figure out how to bind all of the new axis’s (sp?) for the new helicopter controls right now.

The only reason im not giving up is because i literally have a mouse, keyboard, velocity 1 yoke, and thrustmaster hotas set with the pedals all connected. I even have an airmouse strapped on top of a pilots hat that i turn on via usb switch so i can have headtracking lol.

As you can tell i absolutely love this game, thats why this massive downgrade hurts so much :confused:

8 Likes

You are absolutely right i have no problem with downgrade IF it needs but this is too much for me it is absolutely RUINED.

4 Likes

Please make sure you vote for this!

6 Likes

A few things after watching this unfold during beta:

The idea to ask during Q&A is absolutely correct. Ask politely (it may take some self-control) because they are less likely to answer angry or accusatory questions.

As has been repeatedly said in this thread, the issue has been logged by the developers and historically, that means the sim is not running on Series X as developers wish. So, be patient and a fix almost certainly is coming. They have acknowledged the issue. That is the first step.

Nobody here knows why graphics were rolled back and we may never find out. But Asobo has at times had to roll things back to keep the sim live while they work on certain issues for future updates. Clouds come to mind.

And really important: We are allowed to take a break from the sim. Come back in two months and see if it hasn’t been fixed. It is healthier than fixating on a bug or issue that likely won’t be resolved until at least the next SU. If you can’t look past the issue, play something else for a while. The sim will still be here when you return.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s bad - this post doesn’t add much substance just wanted another comment showing this issue is noticed. Textures are really bad

4 Likes

Feeling really bad, but I must agree with you. I’m definitely now focused to (finally) advance in my single player outstanding Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode. Not proud of this, but it’s still in my “backlog” until today. If I can only “enjoy” 30 FPS on Xbox Series X (thanks Rockstar for no next gen patch), I prefer to experience headache and eye strain playing it, without any doubt. Even VRR not working anymore is the major punch in my stomach right now.

Sadly, this means I won’t decrease the huge number of items in my wishlist in this big sale (and maybe others). Also, I feel relieved that I didn’t spend even more money in the Marketplace before Sim Update 11 Beta.

2 Likes

Many of you are reporting dissatisfaction because of this issue, yet you’re not voting on the topic. It seems that many of you are likely unaware of the voting system.

Voting is a mechanism to bring attention and priority to any issue that you are experiencing and would like to see addressed by the developers.

To vote, navigate to the top of the topic page and click the blue “Vote” button.

Disclaimer: We aren’t allowed to petition for votes so I want to be clear. This comment is not a petition for votes; rather, this comment is simply aimed at those who seem to be unaware that a voting system exists.

11 Likes

Here is a video of what I described in an earlier post which I’ll describe as the vanishing and reappearing city of Chicago (downtown/skyline).

Rendering happens behind the plane and in front of the plane everytime the camera changed. This never happened in earlier system updates.

Sorry for the low quality of the film but it still shows the point i’m getting across.

4 Likes

Looks like sluggish ambient occlusion. That could be unrelated.

Edit: Occlusion culling, not ambient occlusion.

Thanks. I did not know about/understand the vote option.

2 Likes

Couldn’t be happier. Finally, finally being able to do cold&darks from heavier 3rd party airports without the feeling that you are walking on eggs the whole time. Not a single CTD this whole weekend.

I don’t see how those pictures are relevant to the topic.

Also, everyone should also try night flying in SU11 on Xbox. If anything, the very low LOD radius is even more apparent, with lights disappearing and reappearing before your eyes only a mile or two away. It’s really bad. Here’s Chicago area at 15,000 feet, where the lighting just cuts off and moves in and out as the small LOD radius moves with you.

9 Likes

Those pictures are even so relevant as those endless and irrelevant LOD pictures. This Sim still looks absolutely amazing, and performs better than ever.

So thank you Microsoft /Asobo for making this happen.

The argument that one should prefer stability over visuals is consistent and makes sense even if one disagrees. Denying or greatly minimizing the visual tradeoffs altogether doesn’t make sense in light of all the hard evidence in this thread.

5 Likes
  1. A performance option that gives us the best of both worlds, depending on our own preferences.

2. Optimization. It may be easier said than done, but I bought a sim that I expect to look as beautiful as it used to. I think its fair to expect two things simultaneously: I want the sim to a) work, and b) look as good as it was advertised.

Either solution (or both) would be a great step in in the right direction. On the other hand, simply accepting that the sim is going to have subpar visual quality because it may or may not be the only way to achieve stability isn’t going to cut it for me.

5 Likes

Some posts removed. Please stay on-topic.

@NixonRedgrave @UnitedArt
Stop the bickering. Any further banter and both of your accounts will be silenced.

1 Like