[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

My hope is the team will gift us with a fix till Xmas but not for thanksgiving haha

“I’ll take comments that make exactly zero sense” for 500, Alex.

Certainly do with your money as you please, but a boycott of 3rd party developers until this issue gets fixed is missing your intended target, I think.

Sorry my snark was confusing. I was just making a point with a joke.

This topic is a bug topic. It is not a discussion topic for anything goes.

Keep all conversions on the topic of this issue that can assist the developers. If you have nothing further to add to assist, then please do not post. It makes for a long read when reviewing any topics that are in Bug Reports.

This topic will reopen automatically in an hour from this post.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 60 minutes.

Put me on that list. I bought console, hotx, planes etc specifically due to the “used to be” extraordinary ground/scenery graphics. Sure it’s "about flying a plane but “sub-par graphics” is not what I paid for. Asobo needs to buy some ai.

5 Likes

Has this strange behaviour also to do with the texture problems on the ground?

Yes. Level of detail and ground textures are reduced.

1 Like

They said the fix will probably come mid-january 2023 :frowning:

3 Likes

These are my last comments on this thread. I’m glad the issue has been fixed. Gives me some optimism.

1. based on the length of time it took to identify and fix the issue, if anyone had been looking at the developing SU11 beta thread, this issue could have easily been fixed before the Anniversary release- which would have made it the very happy anniversary release that it has not been.

2. by delaying the update or rolling it into another one planned for January, the dev team shows a propensity for scoring own goals rather than doing the right thing. This is a major fault and it has damaged the reputation of MS/Asobo. Don’t pretend it is a minor bug, sweep it under the carpet and roll it out in an update that will probably break other things and think we’ll all forget about it. It isn’t and we won’t.

Please improve your QA process - we should all look forward to each update, we don’t though, and the story of this issue and it’s fix guarantees that your Xbox community will (deservedly) dread each future update, and the beta testers who do so much conscientious work for you will be thinking, “why should we bother?”

Let’s make this better please.

24 Likes

I just cannot believe that they want to keep the already found fix despite during Christmas many new Xboxers will download MSFS and be shocked about the fidelity

17 Likes

I don’t believe the team will shoot itself in the foot

4 Likes

For some strange reason, I am only allowed to post once in an hour: I have reached out to Digital Foundry. Maybe they can use their weight in the industry to make Asobo give us the bugfix NOW, instead of making us unnecessary waiting months for it.

9 Likes

I’m reaching to Digital Foundry and other gaming websites too. Because in my opinion it’s not right that they are still selling and will be selling for months, a product with pictures and trailers that absolutely don’t reflect our downgraded experience here on Xbox Series X|S.

16 Likes

Just so we understand microsoft and Asobo show us a trailer and graphics in the trailer that are incredible and once you lanch the game you have just blurry texture , so selling a fake product showing us something but in reality its something else and it aint concern them can wait till mid january

7 Likes

To put things in a little bit of perspective : people with many addons weren’t able to use a very lot of those at all, for months and months and months in a row. That is gamebreaking.

I haven’t seen a video on DF about THAT :joy:

4 Likes

Yes I have the camp out add on and that doesn’t work. I think it needs WASM to function. I can live with that because I do something else until it’s fixed. The LOD issue is far more serious because it affects all aspects of gameplay.

7 Likes

I have a few small GA third party aircraft and they worked perfectly with Sim update 10. Most CTD related problems were with airliners that I don’t care for and big airports due to consoles running out of memory.

So they should optimise or STOP selling these memory hungry products on the console marketplace and give refunds to users that bought them. Not downgrade everyone’s experience into X360 level of graphics.

12 Likes

No you don’t. It can be set and left at zero.