[Xbox Series X/S] Visual Downgrade - LOD Reduction

Do you have a time stamp if Jorg replied on-air or a screenshot of his typed reply regarding January. I’d like to share that with others I know. Thanks.

Wow. Instead of CTD’s, just now I had 3 very big, heavy lagg spikes on the always very busy EGLL. They lasted about 3 seconds each. I’m very confident they previously always led to CTD’s.

I don’t know if this is a side effect from the reduced LOD etc, but I can definitely live with it, under these circumstances.

I continue to try and apply perspective to this situation. As previously pointed out, this is still a silly video game and plenty of us have other pressing, important real life matters and adversity to balance. That said, I find MS/Asbobo’s response to this situation pathetic and unacceptable. They can spin and put all the perfume they want on this, but the game is not working as marketed and intended, so for all practical purposes, it is broke to many of your customers. Period. If in fact they “do read the forums”, let that sink in…

Here you go… A multitude of consumers buy a specific, new make/model of car with an engine rated and at meant to perform at 300 hp. But, due to a microchip issue, the car’s engine is only outputting 150 hp. You take it to the dealer and the dealer says, “yeah, we know the issue exists and we know how to fix it, but you’re still getting 150 hp and the rest of the car works so just deal with it for a few months - this issue is really not that important to us as we have other things to play with for the next couple of months…”

I know this sounds vindictive, but I hope MS/Asobo take a sizeable hit on this financially. The only thing these big corporations care about and ultimately understand is the bottomline, So, it seems our only voice as unhappy consumers is to “vote with your wallet.”

As for me, I don’t know if I will return. I bought the X Box X specifically for MSFS. I have an attention span of a gnat and what the game offers now does not interest me so what takes place in the next few months, we shall see. I’ll check in on occasion to check status but I wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to kick the can on this nor will I be surprised if I box up the X Box and post it for sale. And again, perspective, “this too shall pass,” Overall, this was a nice thread to watch and be part of and, for the most part it was effective and civil - not common these days.

22 Likes

That’s exactly what i wrote a few days ago.

It’s clearly Fake and lie advertising for Xbox users

15 Likes

Absolutely well said. At first I thought, servers to blame, they’ll sort this very quickly. Nearly a week went by without a single apology or word about what has caused this catastrophe of an update. To think that they knew of this and still went ahead with the release of the update! The final kick to the Crown Jewels is that they know what’s caused it and it will be two months until they fix it!!! The whole thing stinks of incompetency of the highest order.

19 Likes

Hello,

As stated in the Dev Q&A, the devs have found the issue and fix for this and are working to make it live as soon as possible. We do not need further bug report information at this time and will be closing this thread!

I will provide another update next week on their progress.

Thank you!

34 Likes

The fix for Xbox LOD is now live in the AAU Beta:

20 Likes

I’ll wait first for what the others will share after downloading the beta.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try it out later today. Thanks to the team at Asobo and Microsoft for delivering this fix in the AAU Beta. I personally deeply appreciate it, and I am sure many others will too.

9 Likes

I don’t understand, the fix Is included in this update?

YES!

<10 chars>

2 Likes

In the full release notes it says ‘Fixed terrain level of detail issue on Xbox’.

3 Likes

Hello @Lumatt89,

The fix for the Xbox LOD issue is included in the optional beta build of AAU1 that is available now. We are planning for this build to be released to all players in January. Please see this forum thread if you would like to opt in to the AAU1 beta:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-welcome-to-the-aau-i-beta/562534

Thanks,
MSFS Team

6 Likes

So far so good for me on the Xbox x seems like a great update. Don’t touch a thing Asobo! :wink::+1:

6 Likes

One thing I noticed tho contrails are squares

Yeah, same here. If it’s possible, if there’s anyone out there who has an significant amount of 3rd party airports, I would really like to read your thoughts in terms of stability and performance of those addons. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps, I wil also take part in this beta again to see for myself :thinking:

Graphics look incredible, again.

I did have some stuttering on taxi at KPRB (rural municipal airport) in the Longitude. That seems new.

8 Likes

Just testing some airports now but the gfx are a great again everything is much sharper and crisp like before if not better

5 Likes