Xbox SU9 CTD from world map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Crash to desktop when selecting airports in world map. Freezes before the crash.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

select an airport. Crash happens

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest build after SU9 1.25.7.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same on Xbox

YES. At EDDH

There is no information on this

not necessary

Yes. Around 50% of the time the game crashes while on the World Map.

Before crashing, the game locks up on the World Map for several seconds, becoming completely unresponsive.

N/A

Hi there @DHAUK ,

When you select an airport, does it crash on any airport you select or specific ones?

Thanks!

Hi @dreampage,

Can you provide further details, like what plane is selected on the upper left when this happens?

Hi. When i select Heathrow (EGLL) it crashes. I am a premium deluxe game version if this is of any impact.

2 Likes

My findings seem to be to wait until the download icon appears and than to click it and than proceed to the world map . It seems something to do with that “
Your download has finished “ button . Once that is checked or scrolled on , I seen the CTDs go away . Something in that process of the download complete button is stopping the sim from continuing in my findings . Xbox’s Series X and Xbox Series S . Using multiple and various planes and airports.

yes

After click at EDDH Sim crashed on Xbox from the world map.

4 Likes

@JackMartin7440 Can you expand on this a bit? Is it on anything you have updated/downloaded in the content manager? Would like to understand this better. thanks!

Yep same workaround as what Jack described (works for myself as well). When on the Home Screen after the loading screen, you have to wait until the downloads blue bell icon appears in the top right hand corner and after getting this message, then you can load into the world map/flight without CTD/Freeze.

The message says that “all downloads have completed” but nothing was downloading in the content manager. Here is a picture of the blue bell icon and text that shows up around ~45 seconds after reaching the Home Screen. Xbox Series X.

5 Likes

Ok I can’t seem to specifically find a root cause on this from anything downloaded . What it is , is this … When the Xbox begins , even though nothing is downloading, there is a number 1 under the notifications just above the menu that may take a minute or two to appear, than once you scroll onto it , and make it checked, than all the lag and maps run fluent and than will allow you to fly into the map and load at any airport if it’s not a 3rd party addon but vanilla without issue. The problem is this bug that appears in that loading instance which appears and says under notifications that the download is complete. Where or why this happens I don’t know . But after accepting it, than you can fly without CTDs ! This has been my initial testing on this issue and it works . The bug lies in the notifications . The notification must be first appeared and than tap or scroll on it , than it will remove that notification and all is good to go . I’ll send a photo of what I am talking about when I can get restarted again .

Side Note Jayne - I have not downloaded anything or had any updates than what we’re in the regular content manager with the base core sim. This was off the bat from the beginning of that helps . Also many other users had the same pure vanilla.

Jack

4 Likes

Thanks yes that’s what I’m taking about right there . That is the culprit in a nutshell. What users are doing is not waiting for that notification and than just jump into the world map and than boom CTD . Thanks for the image .

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say this doesn’t always work, possibly just a coincidence. The first time I had the CTD after SU9, I saw this notification and closed it. After that the game crashed on the World Map.

It’s 50/50 really. I can leave that notification there and still fly (the menus do stutter, though), or close it and still get CTD, or any combination. I don’t think the two are related.

The CTD could be caused by server skips / slow data streaming, and it could also cause the fake notification appear late. So both can be server related, but waiting for the notification doesn’t necessarily prevent the CTD on the Map as the latter streams completely different data.

3 Likes

Yes

Flight planner freezes, then sim CTD on xbox

I have the same issue, no download at the background

So now Microsobo has finally done it. Every attempt to start from the world map, no different, I don’t even get to airfield selection ends in a CTD. I would have said after the update 9, if they had adopted the SU9 beat 1 to 1, SSDD. But what they have done now beats the barrel out of the bottom.

1 Like

I have screens going black and then CTD Xbox hopefully they will fit it soon

We are trying to help Asobo with Xbox cockpit screen going out in then CTD hopefully they will fit it soon?

Yes

Once flight plan is entered the load screen just freezes. On occasion the sim will go to the cockpit but then CTD. When on map page cursor constantly freezes, especially when using right controller stick.
This happens for me regardless of airport using Boeing 747.