Xbox users, Welcome Aboard!

yeah, but a mouse and keyboard arnt xbox specific, but they work, so there is no real block on using standard hid devices, only that the s/w dev’s don’t allowing input from them to be used.

which i thought might be a different story with something as large as msfswith an already rich peripheral scene…

The team increased server capacity and we are seeing faster load-in times. Let us know if you are still stuck on a screen!

3 Likes

Cant fly anywhere as need a USB mouse plugged in to select a departure airport.

Happy Flying.

Thaks for the update. Download times still very slow for me and my friends.

True, but Kb/Mouse support was only recently added. Other peripherals have to be licensed by the console maker, and have specific firmware loaded to be recognized.

Now, could Microsoft throw open the doors and allow any PC joystick to work? Technically it’s possible, but it’s not likely to happen. This is just the nature of the closed console ecosystem. Playstation does the same, Nintendo does the same… so yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Xbox to become as open as a PC.

Hopefully over time we see more flight sticks pop up.

Why? The controller lets you choose your departure airport. Aren’t you able to move the world map around with the controller?

Nope it doesn’t let me. I can only rotate the globe thats it. Cant select departure airport or arrival so cant start a flight.

If i plug my mouse in it lets me, with my mouse, still not the controller.

xbox kids are welcome , behave in and out of the track

Right joystick makes you zoom in, then you can move the mouse cursor over your departure airport and press “A” to set it as departure…

I know dude, it doesnt work, im literally sat here trying it right now my man. There is no cursor.

On PC, internet died during the update, game closed itself rather than wait for reconnection and I was forever stuck in a “Checking for updates” screen.

I have literally uninstalled the game and now trying to re-download from scratch. I can’t even do that it seems as the installation manager isn’t showing any content to download and is again stuck “checking for updates”.

Whats going on?!

Try restarting the game, but with the mouse unplugged. Maybe if you have a mouse plugged in it doesn’t show the controller mouse cursor (it’s a circle with a dot in the center).

It works fine for me, I’ll try and upload a video once my World Updates are done downloading.

Games just constantly crashing and can happen anywhere between boot-up to trying to select a flight. 30+ crashes and not managed to start a flight yet.

Tried it all since 4pm dude. Nothing works. Thats why i made an account on here to report it in bug section.

Ok, guess something is messed up on your Xbox. I hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Fortunately it isn’t just me, so yeah hope it gets fixed soon. Half finished products are becoming too common now.

1 Like

Mine loaded ok and playing with no issues thankfully and it’s mind blowing this game and hope things get sorted for others quickly

FYI, the support and Bug Reporting is here - Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

You can get support via the official support channels there. The forum is good for user-to-user help, but there’s not a lot of official support here. The mods chime in from time to time, but specific bugs like yours are best reported through Zendesk (the link I posted)

Yeah I have to say reading all the feedback so far that the PC users are taking the hit. This update was primarly Xbox fo da bling bling. I hope they improve the PC version in terms of stability and getting us back to graphics settings that were as good as before.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH

the answer was in there!!!

It saved my controller profile from PC and its a known bug. I had to use a mouse to revert it back to Default Profile. Got my cursor and everything now <3

1 Like