Xbox users, Welcome Aboard!

I have the same problem. Started playing then game just crashed. now I’m stuck on update screen.

Not all control buttons on the t flight hotas one are responding. Gear down for example

1 Like

Got past the update manager but stuck on the loading screen. So disappointed.

We are getting reports of users being stuck on the “Take the Pilots Seat” screen on Xbox after updating 27GB as well as the Waiting for Updates screen for a long period of time before loading in. We are currently looking into this issue.

2 Likes

Welcome to msfs new simmers and xbox users hope you have a great time in msfs

3 Likes

Can confirm. I’m on a Series X hardwired into a gigabit fiber connection so it’s definitely an issue outside my network.

I experienced both of these. Both of them resolved themselves after going to the XBox home menu then back into the game. Maybe it’s waiting on something that’s not triggering properly?

1 Like

I was stuck on the “Checking for Updates” for about five min but eventually it moved forward and started downloading a 2.3 GB update. Now I’m on the “Take the Pilots Seat” screen for the last 3 min

Same issue here as well. Been waiting at the ‘Take the Pilot’s Seat’ screen for about 15 minutes now on my Series X.

It does eventually move forward. I’m in a flight now

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll just keep waiting I guess.

got past update screen but game running really slow. when restarted it said online services unavailable. Poor start to a launch. Been looking forward to this for a while.

Still downloading the update and can’t wait to get started even though it seems like lots of issues for many people which is a pity

Thanks for the welcome! Still at work but can’t wait to get home and take to the skies!

Nobody knows yet, once we figure out how to add addons from outside the market place I will work on an app to do that so XBox users can enjoy the same add ons etc we use on PC.

1 Like

Hey friends,

I bought the Honeybumb Yoke last year. Now with all the anticipation, I connected everything to my Xbox today and found that it is not supported :frowning: Why? Do I have to spend another € 250 now?

Greets!

Xbox (and PlayStation for that matter) doesn’t just use standard PC peripherals. You need to buy peripherals that are specifically made for the consoles. Most console peripherals also work on PC, but not the other way around…

Honeycomb will be releasing a version that works with Xbox, but no, you cannot use just any PC peripheral on Xbox.

I certainly hope so. This seems pretty disastrous so far. It’s frustrating because I absolutely love this Sim. Shame there are so many problems. Really excited to test this new update out. Good luck to the team in resolving all the issues and thanks for the updates @OlieTsubasa443. Really appreciate it.

1 Like

It worked really well once it launched. Release day madness and all that, but the graphics were honestly a lot better than I was expecting! Really nice to be able to chill on a couch and fly around a beautiful part of the world.

For more “serious” simming, I use my PC. And yes, your logbook is synced between PC and Xbox, which is a nice touch.

1 Like

i was thinking of looking into controlling the logitech panels via raspberry pi in case there is simconnect output available

1 Like