XBOX version logbook issues

Absolutely not.

In REAL LIFE, I also have a logbook made of paper, which, fortunately, does not waste my flight hours (very real, those)! This one is much more important to me than the virtual flight simulator one.

It’s just boring on MSFS that you lose everything. And I’m not complaining about not being able to recover all the hours spent on the previous simulators. But it’s still the only game where I see this.

We are far from reality. At least I write everything down in my paper flight log and even if I change of plane, piloting centers, at least I keep everything.

1 Like

I’m almost at 100. Just saying, your problem isn’t as simple as you view it.

XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Report here so it can be logged. Thanks.

I’ve had a few flights not show up in my log – or especially not recognize that I really landed, but I’ve not lost the the entire log. I’m using a Xbox Series X.

I think I must have left the game while in active pause. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me after finding a log entry that shows me flying for 115 hours.

Not sure if logging should continue while in pause, but certainly not after you shut the Xbox off for the night!

It would be a nice feature to be able to delete or at least exclude log entries from total flight time.

115 hours! it takes a hell of a tank!

Yes, sometimes the logbook contains anything. Having a tool to modify it would be a workaround, but the best would still be if it was correctly populated by MSFS and you don’t need to manually edit it.

Regarding the loss of the logbook, I did not have a 4th time! This weekend I didn’t have any connection issues (it seems Microsoft was well aware, and last week there were a lot of issues with some live servers).

I think this only happens when MSFS is unable to verify the license. I tried to reproduce the network errors by unplugging the cables, or by cutting my box, but the loss of the logbook does not recur. It is in fact impossible to cause it yourself, but there is a risk of loss in certain cases (perhaps rare and linked to servers).

I keep my fingers crossed, but I’m afraid it will happen again sooner or later.

I play on Xbox daily and this has never happened to me. I have all my flights logged, even those during which the game crashes. It’s just saved up to that point, with all flight time intact. I already have my 100 hour achievement and counting. So while I’m sorry for your loss of stats but I don’t think it’s a bug within the game itself, it might be something with your account. Heck, I even have my flight logs back from last August, when I merely tried the sim on my lowly laptop.

Server issues do exist (there has been an extended problematic period over last weekend or so) and sometimes they make logging in or starting games hard. Xbox always has to sync your licences when you start a game, that’s when sometimes you get an error message stating you either don’t own the game or simply “took too long to start”. These are however temporary issues and sort themselves out in time.

The real problem on XBOX is that I’m stuck in a group that I can’t leave. This means I can’t ever change flight conditions before starting a flight or during a flight. My game is hobbled now until, or if, it gets fixed.

That genuinely effects the fundamentals of the game, a logbook however isn’t that serious to go without for a while.

I’ll quite happily swap bugs with you if you’re up for it.

I also had problems with losing hours on flight log. Twice I have lost my hours completely but these show up on my Microsoft account. And when I fly bush trips it often (50%) shows zero hours for a flight and it’s shows taking off and landing at the same location even though the flight was verified in the bush trip landing. This happens on both Xbox series X and pc. I have reported this on Zendesk.

Have you tried to join someone else and then leave? I had exactly the same issue, I got someone to invite me to there group then I had the option to leave the group and all my settings where back to normal.

On my Xbox Series X, I just had a CTD and lost a flight from Vienna to Luxembourg – my longest flight ever, almost 2 hours. :frowning:

I couldn’t join new groups and the original party leader was on holiday so couldn’t close the group himself. I ended up fixing it by turning all online functionality off during a flight which caused a CTD. When I rebooted and turned it all back on the group menu was then accessible.

The strange thing was the method of turning off all online functionality only worked if I was mid flight. Doing it at the main menu didn’t ever work. Maybe the CTD caused my online presence to be properly forgotten by Asobos servers.

From what I’ve read this bug seems to effect people slightly differently, in my scenario I was totally hopeless to leave the group and it meant I couldnt use live weather or change any flight settings.

Hi,
Since 6 days all my flights are no longer counted.

Ex : For a flight of 3 hours only 30 minutes are counted.

So, i’m stuck at 265 hrs…

Someone has the same bug plz ?

Yes I have the same problem, went from 400 hours to 50 then today had It go from 53 down to 1 hour. Have contacted Zendesk numerous times and they keep saying it is down to an add on but the only ones I have are Microsoft. When I log into my account on Microsoft it shows the correct number of hours but not in the sim.

1 Like

After about 85 hours of not having it happening again, I lost my two last flights (about 4 hours). Obviously it will eventually get to the point where I’ll lose it all over again.

I’ll come back in a year or two when … it probably won’t have been fixed by the looks of it.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Good morning
I have the version downloaded from Steam related to xbox … How do I know which version I have?
Is it possible that with the xbox steam version some scenario is not read or that scenarios created by me create blocks?

Buongiorno,
io ho la versione scaricata da Steam legata a xbox… Come faccio a capire quale versione possiedo?
E’ possibile che con la versione xbox steam qualche scenario non venga letto oppure che scenari da me creati creino dei blocchi?

Have had a few days where every flight was logged correctly. Have found by trial and error that as soon as I land and the sim registers the leg completed I immediately go to home page and check the pilot log. So far it works every time, only time will tell.

What sort of “add on” would be able to access the cloud data and change or delete your history?

Sounds like BS to me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.