XBOX version logbook issues

Unflyable

Will you continue to use a game, with the constant fear of losing your progress?

• Certainly not. :woozy_face:

However, this is exactly what is happening with the current version of MSFS on Xbox (1.18.15.0) and it makes the game simply unplayable, unflyable. This is a major problem and one that will happen to you sooner or later.

Version

We all know that both the PC version and the XBOX version have many bugs, but this one exceeds them all,

• because it makes you lose all interest in the game. :broken_heart:

Disastrous, yes, because it is literally killing the user experience with this game. :skull_and_crossbones:

The situation is quite comparable to what happened with Cyberpunk 2077 at Sony, and if Microsoft had as much courage as its competitor, it should purely and simply temporarily withdraw this title from its store.

What exactly is going on?
For the third time in less than a month of use, my logbook has been completely erased (with loss of 10 hours, 25 hours and 40 hours of flight respectively). This is not acceptable, especially since it happens regularly and under clearly identified circumstances.
I myself, opened a zendesk ticket #118094 and a forum topic in the bugs section. This major issue has also been discussed here.

In what case does this happen?
Often times, Xbox Live servers are saturated evenings and weekends. This is a known issue, and it is very difficult to play on Xbox (not just MSFS) during these times. There, we easily understand that it is the influx of users that saturates the servers.
During the day, however, I never have any problems connecting to the Xbox live servers.
When this happens in the evening, there are several disconnections and reconnection attempts.

At that time, when you try to view your profile from the Xbox, it’s impossible, but on others PC, I can check that there is no problem with the internet link. If we try to access to the profile from Xbox application on the PC, this doesn’t work, of course because Xbox live servers are not accessible. This is proof that there is indeed a general problem with Xbox live servers and not a local network problem.

With MSFS, after several connection attempts and errors, the game eventually crashes and, in the end, displays a message in red (sorry, I have it only in French, but should be something like that): "
“A technical error prevents the software from verifying the license …”

Just a clarification: My Flight Simulator is a PREMIUM version purchased in the Microsoft Xbox store for pre-order, it is not a GAME PASS version. In this case, I’m wondering why, after installation / activation, does the software need to check the license again?

Well, it’s not a big deal to have to be logged in (my internet access is a fiber optical), but what is, however, is that it seems that in the event that MSFS cannot verify this license (due to unavailability of servers), it purely and simply erases certain elements of the configuration, and in particular the logbook.

And thus, you will get 0 hour of flying time.

It’s totally inconsistent, and totally out of step with what is kept in the profile on Xbox live, where the successes are present and fortunately not erased.

Sure, this way you will NEVER reach the 50 hours of flight time, and levels 100, 500, 1000 are pure utopia.

Is this game that bad and stupid?

I am an experienced simmer, I started with the version of Sublogic on TRS-80 and used all existing versions on PC. I also spent an incalculable time on IVAO in simulation on network.
I resolved to use the Xbox version, because I wanted to avoid investing in a high-end PC, only for MSFS, and I believe that in the end, it is certainly the best choice that I have made.

But this XBOX version, in the current state, no, sincerely, there is only the “famous word of Cambronne” to qualify it.

It is simply unusable in the long term. I’m not going to ask for a refund, that would be way too complicated and unproductive. However, don’t count on me to buy add-ons for a game that doesn’t work! I’ll wait and see if a fix ever comes out, but for now I’m going to stop using it, it’s just wasted time.

Fortunately, there are other games out there that work very well on Xbox that fully justify the investment.

But honestly, in almost 40 years of simulating on PC and console, this is definitely the worst experience I have ever had. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

For me it’s working fine on by my series x and series s consoles. The only time I’ve had a crash was when using the G1000 NXi mod, but after uninstalling it I’ve not had any crashes.

I don’t agree with your comment regarding the xbox live servers, I’ve had no issues at all with them either on this game or any other game.

I’m sorry you’re having issues, but the title is misleading in my opinion

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this, not great at all.

I also fly on a series X currently and have not experienced any of the issues you list-

I always fly at night time here in the UK - there is no problem at all with servers.

My log book has been and is updating fine (including my PC logs since launch)

I have had 2x CTD randomly this week, I am going to follow the above users point and uninstall the GPS mod.

I take it you have troubleshooted your Internet connection?

Regards

1 Like

For me it also working fine on Series X … over 70h of flighttime now

1 Like

I should have added, that was using version two of the mod, I believe that there is an updated version which I need to install and try.

Like you I’m also in the UK and not had any server issues in this game or any other game.

1 Like

Annoying and a bug for sure.

If this happened to me it would be a bit of an inconvenience but it’s not gonna put me off using the sim.

Thanks pal, I will check mine has been updated - the 2 CTD were in an aircraft using that mod so you may have cracked it.

Thanks

This is normal for the PC version. Some people have horrible problems for no apparent reasons and for others it works fine. I’ve been in both camps at various times, which if nothing else suggests its not hardware which hasn’t changed one iota.

The title is unhelpful.

Been flying for a while on xbox series x, no other mods installed other than world updates, don’t fly anything but the 152 and I love it. Had a couple ctd but that was from the main menu we’ll before a flight. Some issues with priphials but nothing like what everyone keeps talking about. My Internet is poor, and I use photogrammetry, on. My cache is 32 GB, I use the Thrustmaster Hotas one, and mouse. I’m in a house with 4 xbox ones sometimes all connected at the same time. No problems. It’s interesting that so many people have vast differences in their experience.

Dont give up, it’s well worth the patience!

Sorry I’m confused. Why does the logbook wiping making it unflyable?? Have I missed something?

1 Like

I’m also on Xbox Series X, and have only had about 3 CTDs, and those all occurred from the main menu.
No issues with the logbook either (other than not being able to delete entries).

I’m sorry you’re having problems, but I agree with others that the clickbait title isn’t helpful.

I changed the title to more accurately represent what this thread is about.

1 Like

I wish you could delete entries from the log book. I’ve done lots of flights just for testing controls etc then quit out which leaves an incomplete flight.

Would be a nice to have, but not major.

2 Likes

Maybe you’ll change your mind when you lose your logbook with 999 flight hours, just before you hit 1000 and have to start all over again.

No, I’m sorry, but for me, to use such unstable and simply impossible software. Of course, it remains partially usable, but not really what it is intended. It’s really bad development, deplorable quality, even the texts in French (although the software is officially developed by French people) are incorrect.

Some bugs are acceptable, tolerable, or can be worked around. But there, no, sorry, enough is enough.

If you don’t mind using lousy quality softs, good for you. But very little for me.

1 Like

No, we can’t!

The PC spirit and XBOX spirit is by far different. On XBOX, Microsoft has created a close system. That is normal, they don’t want users (gamers/customers) modify the system a corrupt something.

On XBOX, your don’t have an OS able to manage files.
On a PC, you can edit, delete, create a backup using an external program (your file manager). On XBOX no such thing exist.
If the game software produce internal files, the only solution is that the game include it’s own system to manage them.

No way to edit logbok on XBOX.
Note that there is a similar issue with FLT files: on XBOX, you have no way to delete them, and this (very, fundamental) function has been forgotten by the MSFS developpers.
This really demonstrate the poor level of quality of this game.

On PC, you have the advantage that you can sometime overide the bugs, using external tools. On XBox, you cant do that. And now, all the previous bugs (and more precisely, all that have been baddly implemented) appears, and there is no way to surround them.

I don’t know what that response is about. I’ve said it would be nice to be able to delete entries, I haven’t said it’s there or any plans for it to be there. Hence why I said it would be a nice to have, but it’s not major.

To me your picking at minor issues (log book, deleting flight plans), while I appreciate that it’s not great, it’s not game breaking. There are other bugs which need resolving first. For example with the Cesena longitude oscillation issue when you get to the first waypoint and then it does it for the rest of the flight. That’s a bug which has been around for a while.

No I can’t say that I will. I couldn’t care less about the meaningless numbers inside a digital “book”. For me, I’m here for the love of flying, something I do in real life and this simulation. I don’t consider the number of hours I have at all especially as it provides no tangible benefit to the sim in any way.

It sounds to me like you’re just here for the gratification the so call logbook can give you rather than the actual flying. Shame.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a problem. I had a bug with a corrupt USB profile which caused a crash on boot up. Problem was a reinstall just redownloaded the corrupt profile again !

So the solution was to manually delete it from the FS2020 filesystem which then synced back to the cloud.

XBox users cannot do this, so I’m not quite sure what you’re supposed to do in that situation.

1 Like

You can delete the profile for MSFS on your xbox only and then it can resynch with the cloud. That may fix the issue

If it resyncs back to the cloud (as opposed to redownload it) it would.

I’ve seen other bugs that I suspect are due to corrupt cloud data, but there’s no way to reset it AFAICS without messing around with the internals which is not a good idea even for people with technical skills.