Xcub custom variants

Oh that’s interesting. The indicated airspeed maximum lowers as you increase in altitude. I’ll have a look at the standby… Not sure why it would adjust along with the primary.

Hello where can I find the 1.7.8? Ground handling is gone bad with the 1.7.9 for me.

A little tip maybe, and a personal observation, if ya don’t mind… I have a separate file that I download to called BUSHLeague and I have several individual folders to which I store at least the previous file, just in case I don’t like or have an issue with the new one.

The observation is that, as BLL keeps refining their performance Modual and getting as close to real as they can get, the more you have to be on your toes and practice the challenges that all “Real” Tail Dragger Pilots have to practice to keep their “Tail Dragger” Certification. Especially if you are using the 210 HP Variant as the extra torque factor can mess ya up real fast. Ground Loops are just waiting to happen to those who don’t do the things that prevent them. Also, there is ALWAYS a trade off within the sim, trying to improve in one area often times causes issues in other area’s. Because the SDK is still evolving and there are still a lot of sketchy information that the 3rd party developers are learning, I think a lot of things will smooth themselves out in the near future. I too, was all over the runway, at first but the more I practice rudder control, both on the ground handling and in flight, the better the experience gets.

Almost forgot, there is a pathway to reach the folks at Bush Leaque Legends, in the Mods page on their website, so you might try to contact them there and see if they mite provide you with the older file. They are pretty good at getting back to people in a timely manner, although I imagine they are quite busy right now updating all their scenery files to work better with the US Update.

Robin

Savage Cub released lastest mod with 29" Alaskan Bushwheels :sunglasses:

maybe they can help you out somehow to get model exported properly.

looking forward.
all best
FF

I’ve got the tire resized and other contact points etc fixed. The one issue left is resizing the brake. Basically this fix stretches the tire out to make it look larger. In the case of the xcub the brake area is a separate part. Any attempts to also resize it are being ignored by the sim. I’m working on it…

3 Likes

If you want to check out our discord I have the beta out for Tundra tires. Now implementing skis and cleaning up some loose ends before official release. https://discord.gg/qfcW5vQr

5 Likes

Fantastic, what a great job Congratulations and thanks very much for what you offer us.

1 Like

I just downloaded 1.8.2, and I thought I’d share a couple of notes. Your tailwheel steering angle is 90°. This is a little too much. You don’t want the steering angle to go past an angle perpendicular to the imaginary line between the steering point and the inside main. If you do the trigonometry, the correct angle is about 79°. You also didn’t enable differential braking in the systems file. Setting that to 1 will get full differential braking either by keyboard or controller input. If you want to enable true castering, set the steering angle to 180°, which is a throwback to at least FS2002 that disables tiller inputs and lets the gear swing on its own. After that, steering is done with throttle, rudder, and diff. braking.

1 Like

I’ll have look and play around with it a bit. I’m assuming the differential_braking_scale applies brakes when you push left and right rudder. That would mean it’s overriding toe brakes… anyhow thanks for the heads up

Since I don’t have pedals, my rudder axis is the stick twist. The trigger is the brakes, so when you enable diff. braking, you can vary the braking from side to side by combining the twist and braking. That setting shouldn’t care about toe brakes on your pedals.

Please do not make the wheels that big.
That looks out of proportion.
It seems that this is a trend but it doesn‘t look like an airplane anymore.
I‘m thankful for the stuff you do. Just wanted to voice my opinion in opposition to that trend. Bigger tires are wonderful for the xcub but this big i‘d prefer the stock ones anytime.

1 Like

Many thanks for your work here, this has been my go-to aircraft. I’m looking forward to the Tundra tires and hope there can be some more tinkering with the tail wheel.

1 Like

LOL. That’s just the camera. Honest. The tundras are modeled after the 35" ABW’s and the photo of the skis is the standard size wheels. It’s just a perspective thing from the sim camera. I have a large group of pilots who are itching to try them out.

3 Likes

BETA v0.7 of the cargo variant is now available on our discord channel for testing.

1 Like

We now have several variants in beta. This is the newest requested by our discord members. The Tundra Cargo. Floats are under development.

Developments updates and beta downloads are available in our discord… NEW LINK (https://discord.gg/Dzp7SvqN)

4 Likes

Great work! However, for my missions i prefer the standard tires. Another cool feature would be the new cowling and exhaust for the 215 HP version. The had to modify the cowling to fit the CC393i engine.

If you think, these tires are off- limit… meet Ggravel (31" ) or even Scrappy ( 35")
They are there for a reason…
Waterskiing en landing on rough surfaces, to name a few

No Icing or Rain effects inside the cockpit on the windshield you now about this error ?

Icing works for me

There is a standard version in our discord if you want to try it out. This is modded to 215HO but does not currently have the larger cowl.