XPlane has Nothing to worry about

I should know better, but I can’t help myself.

Much of which (like this thread) is pointless if people don’t raise the issues with ZenDesk or put what they want changed into the bug/wishlist posts and gather votes. Nothing will change otherwise, and these threads, whilst addictive(!) don’t exactly further the debate. I know, I’m just adding to the problem.

The water is typically beautiful whether in one of the “special” areas or not. There are some parts where the water colour is lacklustre and drab, and there are issues in some parts with hills in the water, but I could show you countless screenshots where, in my opinion, the water is better rendered than in any video game I;ve ever seen - and I include Assassins Creed Black Flag in that, well known to have the best water rendering of all time

The poster you are replying to wasn’t talking about live weather, which is a known issue and is due to be fixed, at least to some extent. However, the weather that you can set (or live when you first run the sim) is unbelievable and makes xp looks like it is coal fired

Again, not true at all. See my post here with hundreds of high fidelity screen shots (where the Forum doens’t crunch them down too much)

That’s a joke right??

Quite amazing that Asobo failed to invent the time machine in order to use DX12 that hadn’t been invented when they started on this project. Very poor form.

tl;dr keeping restating myths doesn’t make them true

2 Likes