XPlane has Nothing to worry about

There is a Flightschool in the Menu :wink:

1 Like

I remember the first day I flew my FSX (two weeks after it was released)ā€¦I jumped into my PMDG 737 andā€¦no waitā€¦that was months (or years?) laterā€¦I had to fly default aircraft and portovers from FS9!
In other words: Give it some time! There was never ever a perfect flightsim falling from the skies right from the begining. FSX, Xplane etc will not be forgotten in 1-2 years and there will be people flying fs9 in 5 years from now because they want to - just like the guys using CFS2 or 3 nowadays. If someone invested a lot in those old sims they will probably keep it and I hated to buy most of the scenerys/planes again (and had to wait for their release). If Xplane 12 has worldwide google scenery with all landmarks and POIs and XPlane 12 aircraft instead of portovers without VC or just forward VC, etc I might just switch to it.

Please moderators, we need help! Please close us down!

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure flight school will help if the ROK 9000 in Boeing aircraft decides to crash youā€¦

Thanks for the info. Great news for those who prefer x-plane. Iā€™ll pass it on.

Iā€™m only trying to be helpful and friendly. ā€˜Move onā€™ was only meant as food for thought. Perhaps to continued happy flying with x-plane or the a forum you find not toxic.

Wrong and presumptuous and wrong and presumptuous - again and again. Do try to be a bit more friendly in the spirit of a sim community, and please on-topic too.

Wrong, unfriendly and presumptuous. I have never been an old fanboy. Tip: got big breasts since I was 11 and am usually politely called madam ord lady chairman by my board members. :blush:

2 Likes

Ahā€¦ LoL Im dumbā€¦ I thought a special message pops up when game crashes :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience. And take care because you soon will have all trolls attacking you if you make a single critic to MSFS as you did :smile:

Sorry disagree. Please moderators we do not need help. Please do not close this thread yet. The question of whether or not a piece of software can have anything to worry about has not yet been resolved. Furthermore, forum admin has already allowed a humorous thread and so many forum members are having fun here. The forum member who started the threat has also no made such request.

2 Likes

What a strange hobby some people on this forum have. Not the ā€˜flying imaginary planes on a computerā€™ bit (which probably seems weird enough to most people) but the ā€˜arguing endlessly about which bit of software models imaginary planes bestā€™ bit. Iā€™m reluctant to suggest ā€˜get a lifeā€™, since Iā€™m obviously here too, and (occasionally) chipping in, but I canā€™t help feeling that a few participants in this discussion should probably find something more useful to do with their time. Or even something equally useless, but less likely to make you despair at the general state of humanity. Like for instance, flying imaginary planes, on which ever bit of software you preferā€¦

5 Likes

The planes are imaginary???

Sacre Bleu!

2 Likes

Yeah that is up with that? Way to spoil it for everyone!

ThatĀ“s why I have to smile when people want steam gauges on their planes while sitting in front of a screenā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Best thread ever

1 Like

Looks like they pull you, right?

Weā€™ve just moved up into second place everyone!

2 Likes

I fully agree with you. And that explains the big biterness here indeed :wink:

Please elaborate. Iā€™m still willing to help you. Which posters are you accusing of being bitter? Please note if you make repeated posts in which you accused people of being trolls, I will flag such posts.
You can give your opinions here but must also accept the differing opinions of other forum members. You can also agree to disagree, without personal attacks.

1 Like

ATC in Msfs actually instructed me to go around the other day. Amazing.

I ignored them. I got this, I said to myself.

Yes I did.

But the reason probably was I forgot the gear.

Second successful belly landing! Thatā€™s two for two. Both unintentional.

The sim is too easy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a few go aroundā€™s now. Mainly from someone I am following on final taking too long to clear the runway. Iā€™ve never been told to go around yet because ground service vehicles are drag racing on the runway though. Itā€™s only a matter of time, though, letā€™s be honest. :grin:

2 Likes

Your post is very enlightening. :smiley:
I assume you are an x-planer and are also of the opinion that the default ATC ( in version XP11 after 20 years of upgrades and complaints by XP-users) is crap compared to FS2020. It directs you into mountains if you request vectors. I had to pay extra for X-life in XP (my opinion: half-baked addon but cheap). Iā€™ve also had cases in X-life where I was instructed to go around at Dublin after a long flight and thought kiss my a**e, Iā€™m landing whether you like it or not (marital duty reminder from husband received). :grinning:
OK, no AI in x-plane or X-life accepted, I easily intentionally flew through the plane in front of me (never saw the passengers inside - funny view through the baggage compartment).
IMO x-plane with the necessary payware ATC is IMO not only too easy but also hilarious.

Would you please elaborate your post for the other readers. Assuming you know that x-plane after 20 years of further development does not meet meets your satisfaction, what do you (and your simmer friends) expect from a flight sim and how much are you/they willing to pay for a better out-of-the-box / 3rd party ATC.
Iā€™ve read a lot of complaining post at x-plane.org (just before they were deleted as trolling), however this forum allows you to voice your opinion. I am assuming that you know Asobo stated that they read forum posts. So how much in $$ please for such a next gen ATC
:smiley:

2 Likes