Yes, you can go back from VR: Resolution not worth it?

Complete misinformation, please don’t spread lies.

1 Like

I’m glad they are making improvements toward WMR, because early version users like myself went through it’s growing pains with the Odyssey and other earlier headsets in 2017/2018. The WMR tracking was always the weakest link in flight simming as trying to look down then left or right of your cockpit seat/console controls would immediately break tracking. My WMR headsets have been on a shelf collecting dust ever since. What I do miss about the Odyssey Plus particularly are the colors, I’ve always felt it had the best dark blacks for simming at night.

Unfortunately the earlier days of WMR pains scarred me so bad I have had ZERO desire to even install the WMR software on my system again and try my O+ and Reverb G1 on MSFS. My Samsung O+ is really a solid HMD and I was bummed Samsung bailed out of the race afterwards with no continuation of the HMD. If they’d ever return to VR HMD’s I hope they just skip WMR all together and make it a direct Steam VR ecosystem HMD.

That’s kind of what they’re doing if I understand it correctly. There will be a setting that allows you to bypass the “cliff house” entirely and go directly to Steam when you boot up the headset.

1 Like

Then it was probably a coincidence that the sale of all HMDs in Europe stopped in 2019, the WMR Studio in Berlin closed after 2 years, and MS no longer provided any information about wmr to the press. :wink:

And let’s be honest, before the Odyssey and Reverb came out, the HMDs were a disaster.
Fortunately, Samsung and HP were able to save the sinking ship.

Sorry but you appear to of been fed complete misinformation, I bought my Reverb G1 in 2019, my friend bought his in 2020, both from the EU…!

Have a nice day

If you read Discussion correctly, you would see that this was the status before the reverb came (April preorder) out, and the reverb was holding the process up . :wink:

WMR was lagging behind Vive and Oculus with very little if any progress and investments, but you said “MS has already officially discontinued wmr” and this part is not true. MS never officially closed WMR.

1 Like

Ok, they tried to forget it

We can say that they seemed to neglect it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.