Yet another graphic downgrade! (water reflections)

Tried to make a test to see if they have done something to fix night lighting when I realized that ground lights and even the buildings lights (which previously were reflecting in the water), are no longer being reflected in the surface of the water :man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2:

This was a great effect and looked superb when in final, now it seems gone. Tried with high winds, low winds, different angles, nope. Mexed settings. Great!

I feel really bad, I don’t think you are honoring your claims of making graphics better and never worse, as you stated Asobo!, dissapointed about this.

39 Likes

can’t find a better pic at the moment, but this is how it looked before:

2 Likes

Wow. That looks VERY different.

4 Likes

and not in a good way.

1 Like

What a joke Asobo!, really?:

What the hell is this? :rage:

this doesn’t look anywhere near to what it was before!, and you say it has been “improved”?. Where are the nice reflections?, this is false advertising!

19 Likes

Check settings. File a bug report. Enjoy
No house calls made.
:grinning:

4 Likes

Hi mate, give us some specific locations and time of the day so we can compare notes. I will try to reproduce your images once I’m good to go.

1 Like

Sorry, but can you actually tell us what you think is wrong with those pictures?

Without a before/after taken at the same angle etc. it is hard to tell what you are actually complaining about…

11 Likes

it happens anywhere in the world, they simply removed orbs from being reflected as well as buildings lights. What a shame!

5 Likes

I think it is self explanatory, but as I said, they removed city lights and building lights from being reflected. Now water looks awful. Before it was photorealistic. Will try to share more pictures if possible.

2 Likes

Lightning from storms does not reflect either.

2 Likes

The world is a large place lol Pick a location, time of day, weather, etc (make it as controlled as possible) and share some pictures here. I’ll try to reproduce them.

Others are praising the new water, so it could be something in your end? I’m trying to help and check is there’s actually a pattern here, so you can report more accurate information to devs. No need to get aggressive buddy, let’s help each other out! I want MSFS to look as good as possible too.

1 Like

the pictures of the third post are form west side of manhattan, where the old world trade center was. No photogrametry. Trying from zero to 15 knots winds on the ground.

Same here with New York; have to say it doesn’t look good. Although notice the water reflection from the Statue of Liberty which is a ‘handmade’ object, where as the photogrammetry of Manhattan is a non starter.

I don’t see the problem? There is a reflection on the second picture as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is how NY looks for me right now with live weather. More like Silent Hill

2 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

He is referring to night object lights reflecting off of the water. Not shadows or sun reflections.

3 Likes

Looks like the water ripple texture got changed also (in a bad way).

5 Likes

exactly. I meant NIGHT reflections, as stated in the first post.