Yet another graphic downgrade! (water reflections)

8 Likes

Madrid After Update, since A320,

Nice Downgrade , No Antialiasing - textures bad- water- etc

right now this sim is different after the patch

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t have that problem. I’m doing great.

I’ll send a screenshot of Madrid and go to bed.

where? u will report this? is incredible. is other game different

This and the LOD issue. What was said tonight on the q and a is “we didnt reduce LOD”

Ok here’s what I found on my system
release version - very sharp took 4 mins to load a flight
first patch - slightly less sharp but flight loaded in 2.5 mins
second patch lod worse for me but flight loaded in 1.5 mins
I up the terrain LOD value from 2 to 5 in the .opt file and I have better quality back and my flight takes 4 mins to load

Btw this is a test flight - zero weather lunch time @ EGPF facing east rw 05

The facts follow the evidence of load time and LOD quality

I also notice something with anti aliasing … the cinematic shots before you take control in the release version were pin sharp on my screen, since patch 1 and 2 they have a slight blurr and wind turbines etc are not aa’d well.

Not wanting to start a fight but i have to ask are we a little gaslight here ? My loading times halfed from release to patch 2 and when loading the PCI bus is at full whack so thats 50% less stuff beng loaded.

Anyway, please lets get this back with some extended sliders I remember LM did this when they had a big change around default slider position vs actual LOD. I really dont want another sim where I spend a chunk of time editing config files and tracking down lighting and AA issues … a peaceful life just flying, not tweaking.

My 2c anyway your mileage and opinion may vary.

3 Likes

1 Like

Correlation vs causation.

2 Likes

I think Madrid looks pretty good… maybe something is loading slowly for you. Or some settings are broken.

1 Like

if we didn’t look at the screen all this would be fixed
The observers paradox
Kind of also along the same lines of … if I post enough screenshots of not having an issue does it collapse the issue, perhaps, FAKE LOD :slight_smile:
I now have a burning smell coming from my old 980 after running it at 1450 today might back that off a little. Roll on 3080.

Has any one of you whiners actually seen the reflections on sea water IRL?
Before the update it was so unbelievable stupid and unrealistic mirror, but now it’s more like it is in real life.
Go out side for a while to see the real world…
Graphics are all the time only getting better!

3 Likes

my word do you actually to talk to people like that in real life … probably not !

1 Like

I could ask you the same question… Do you *** as much in real life?
And yes, usually I do speak very straight. In real life I just don’t meet so much ***ing people…

2 Likes

I think I found a big butterfly here! Cool

1 Like

ACK. I have tons of them from different locations.

2 Likes

Yes. Looks realistic enough for me.

I don’t need fantasy lightning and waves. As it is actually, it’s close (not perfect of course) to reality. I’m satisfied at all with FS2020. My sim dreams come true :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that. My thoughts exactly! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kalo Taxidi !